Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are people complaining about fake profiles?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JAXTC
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why are people complaining about fake profiles?Page 1 of 1    
They may be bad for user experience but great for business.

More fake profiles that flood the pond = more "user base" to pad the numbers of "millions" of users POF can tell their advertisers they have for more ad $$$.

More actual users deleting them and removing them from their "who favorited you" = more page clicks.

$$$ >>> an actual pof user's experience.

So don't complain. Enjoy the fact POF is making bank
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Why are people complaining about fake profiles?
Posted: 3/11/2019 12:27:19 PM
Who's complaining? I think it's great that all these dating sites
use this formula.Being less than honest as a host ensures hours of
frustration as well as mistrust.What could be better than that!
 JAXTC
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2019 1:43:14 PM
^^^This man gets it^^^

Plenty of Bots: The World's Largest fake profile Dating Site. Gotta collect em' all!

So sit back and relax. No complaints about date location, your lack of manners, your style of dress, worrying about what to say, getting stood up, #metoo and so on! Hell, no one even has to bother leaving their house anymore! We may even get bot voted as "most viewed / most favorited" or compete in a "Bot or Not" Hot or Not competition! Maybe a Bot most likely to respond feature can be implemented?
 Spectrallight
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/11/2019 3:53:27 PM
I remember Zoosk using bots 6 years back and staff would interact to enhance user experience it said in the TOS. I got visit of my daily bot. I lasted 2 weeks on it with paid account. My feedback when leaving was fun. My swear box was filled :)

The only real women that I spoke to on that site was women posting their facebook name and me chatting to them on there.
 dondea
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2019 3:11:16 PM
@JAXTC: Yeah, but when the bots attack and you get hacked, let's see how you like it.

Luckily, I know most scam profiles when I see them--especially the ones with the young lady pictures claiming to be above the age of 50 with black hair, hazel eyes, a high school degree and being a doctor, lol.

It sounds like you are one of the bot creators and are pissed that people like me report the fake accounts and have them deleted. Hmm?
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 2:13:41 AM
FAKE profiles?....I see women who have two and three profiles and for the life of me can't figure out why...lol....and it's them because they sometimes use the same pictures...oh well....
 Carrolllll5858
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 8:32:06 AM
Are we talking about fake profiles as in what bots use or fake profiles as in like people catfishing?
 spectravision
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 8:34:26 AM
^^ I have a couple of local women that seem to sign into 2 different accounts for some reason. I believe they are 100% legit accounts due to them both being 0.5 miles away. 2 different main pics, though.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:05:45 AM
Actually, there is a large increase in fakes/bots since I have spoken in the forums. In the past "hi there" was real normal gals NOT I get half a dozen fake ones per day. They mostly have profiles saying the same thing and use photo's of women that are 20 yrs younger.
That being said, I believe that in the large metro areas the problem is worst. OP is in my metro area so if he is being "attacked" by the new bots I feel sorry for him.

As for having multiple accounts, that is a great idea TBH. Nothing has to be fake about that.
 JAXTC
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 8:19:52 AM
The bot / fake profiles literally come in two to three at a clip soon as I log in. All of them "Hey there", "Hi", "hello". Either the chick is in a bikini or half naked in her underwear on a bed. Or I'll check "who favorited me" and it will show these same types.

I figured it was a user experience "enhancement" for dudes as the majority complain of no response from women so POF and the bots decided to help men out a bit. LMAO
 Carrolllll5858
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 9:23:50 AM
I live in a small area in Missouri so when I see some half naked girl or one in a bikini that messages me and lives in a town of like 500 it doesn’t take much to know it’s fake lol.
 JAXTC
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 11:03:57 AM
^^^^^ Also the profiles that say they "live in New York" or any other colder climate area and the chicks pictures are all next to palm trees. and or taken in an area that is NO WAY your local area besides the "model" looking suggestive poses. hahaha.

I find it hilarious. I just delete them all. Only thing that annoys me is my phone has the app so it goes off every time a bot wants to "meet me" emails etc. Might as well turn off all notifications period.
 spectravision
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 11:34:54 AM
^^ Turn off the Notifications.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are people complaining about fake profiles?