Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review (35 year old irish male)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HistoryLovingDub
Msg: 1
view profile
History
profile review (35 year old irish male)Page 1 of 1    
Hi everyone, can you let me know your opinion on my profile and how I can improve it, are the photos ok? I tried to write a bit to show effort but perhaps need to shorten it down a bit? I get a few responses to my messages but not a great rate although that could be my messages themselves. thanks in advance
 Chromis1
Msg: 2
view profile
History
profile review (35 year old irish male)
Posted: 3/18/2019 6:10:36 AM
I think I'd change the username.

"About me" is not too long. Capitalize these: "godfather, goodfellas, saving private ryan, green mile, groundhog day, groundhog day, shawshank redemption, heat"

In the third paragraph change "must" to "might".

Only the first and fourth pictures are usable. Find, or get, better pictures that show you at your best, preferable out and about, or doing something you enjoy. Only you should be in the picture. If you want to show a picture of your dog, make sure you're holding it when the picture is taken.
 HistoryLovingDub
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2019 6:37:58 AM
thanks I took a few of the other photos out and changed the username. It was a reference to an irish song but I doubt most people got it. Have put in a few tweaks and will try and get a few more photos.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2019 8:48:23 PM
The first photo is good, but it's black and white , so don't use it for the main.
Your third photo would be better for your main. But crop it to cut out the stripes above your head, and halfway down your chest.
I don't care for your second photo, makes you look fat, sorry, lol.
Yes, the dog needs to be in a photo with you.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2019 4:51:51 PM
I agree that the main photo should be color.
I like your profile. Especially the "What I'm looking for" part. Nice.
Capitalize Netflix, and in "I know what your thinking" change your to you're.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2019 9:04:19 PM
OP. You must have made some changes because I'm not seeing what others are speaking of....I like your profile and pictures except the one of the dog. I realize it's tongue is hanging out because he/she has lost their teeth. I only know that because my sister's dog has the same issue but it's a bit shocking and not a bit cute. Cute to you because you love the dog but not great on a dating site. Good luck!
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2019 9:18:06 PM
Really?
I think the dog is adorable.
I'm a real animal lover, and I like profiles in which men show that they are, too.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2019 8:07:02 AM
You're right Cinny. I love animals too and so of course then, a love for animals makes a man more attractive to me.
In this case, I guess it's just me.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2019 5:50:08 PM
Hi, Shirley.
"Cinny"- I like that.

I find that I respond much more positively to profiles with pet pics in them. The guy is showing what's important to him, what his priorities are. It's appealing to me when the pics indicate a guy's pet is a big part of his life, rather than beer, football games, or Hooters girls, lol.
He's Revealing that he has some tenderness in his heart, imo.

I stopped seeing a guy last year, due to an animal issue.
First two dates had gone well. For the third, I went to his house to watch movies.

I noticed that his dog was hurting and in need of medical attention. I asked him about it. He said "too expensive." Then, he talked about the new sofa and loveseat he wanted to buy. WTF- that poor dog, I left feeling so bad.
This guy had shown me what was important to him- new furniture. Not his poor dog. He seemed so perplexed when I texted him saying we weren't a match, and good luck.

I have four cats, but don't put their pics in my profile, as I don't want to come off like a Crazy Cat Lady. Guys don't have to worry about that.
I do list animals in my interests, though.
 HistoryLovingDub
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2019 3:52:01 PM
thanks for all the feedback everyone, I've fixed a few more grammatical things and made a zoomed in version of myself in the purple shirt my main shot. I'll try get another pic or two.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2019 8:58:19 PM
You are a tall, good looking educated man, Why cant you find anyone in real life? Dublin is a lively city with plenty of social outlets I would have thought???.

Most hot sexy looking women you may see here are fakes, flakes and time wasters. If you have had any responses and a chance to meet you are doing better than most who have been here forever. There is nothing wrong with your profile in my opinion. Just keep your expectations very low and you wont be disappointed. If a woman does not agree to meet within a week or so, move on.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 5:54:41 AM
I am with Cinny. I love dogs. But, a cuter pic would be of the dog WITH you!
I have tons of pics of my pugs. However, on the profile. I only think it's "relevant" if it's you and the dog together.
But, she's right, you want people to know your dog is important to you.
If the pics a turn off for them, it probably wasn't a good fit, anyway. :D
Best of luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review (35 year old irish male)