Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Social media is it Entertainment??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Social media is it Entertainment??Page 1 of 1    
Because of technology advancement for most people social media very accessible in very easy to operate . I however use a fabulous desktop compute, this is my preference.. Yet it causes many problems in utilizing technology. some operator error, one is I drink coffee while I'm using my computer :I like the expensive ergonomic keyboards for carpal tunnel. I spill coffee on my keyboard often and not having the foresight to get a plastic cover, after my third ruined keyboard; I went ahead and downloaded a dictating and touch screen microsoft Computer keyboard .But I need to use my mouse for the computer keyboard and it doesn't utilize dictation well. Currently i am learning. often The Technology needed to put proper punctuation in sentences is extremely difficult . While I get it may be difficult for some to understand what I write- It is very irritating when I use this for entertainment 2 be constantly correcting ? making sure others are ok deciphering or carefully choosing and correcting the errors results in fifteen minute to present three joined thoughts.Who cares it's just entertainment: pof for F***ksakes. this tech issue is creating a much larger issue, for me, when writing academic research.i am practicing here and other social media...this is a heads up a tech difficulty ..anybody else have any irritating xocial media tech issues?
 cooldog65
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Social media is it Entertainment??
Posted: 3/20/2019 9:11:04 PM
I'm trying to sort through this chaotic mess...
 Inicia
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2019 6:11:16 AM
lol, i doubt that.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/21/2019 7:42:38 AM
If you can type, using a regular desktop keyboard is the easiest way to go. Much more so than a touch screen. And they are cheap, so if you somehow ruin one with coffee, you replace it. I'm not sure if I understand the problem.
 feirene
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2019 2:39:41 PM
I just got myself a wireless keyboard and mouse. I can sit back and remain comfortable while chatting now.
I can make a lot of mistakes while typingbut i usually can correct them fast also. One tip i have is to learn keyboard shortcuts, it helps with navigation a lot and saves time.
 Inicia
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2019 6:10:02 PM
ergonomic keyboards are not cheap. with my desktop computer a manual key pad is my preference. the problem is forum users feeling a need to complain about grammatical correctness , claim without such they cannot comprehend.. that segues to the question
this is entertainment?? correct, these are not writing submissions for academic review??.
 cooldog65
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Help me improve my typing with my new keyboard!
Posted: 3/21/2019 8:20:10 PM

I don't think this is the topic at hand...
Posted: 3/22/2019 9:24:10 AM
so, the op has neat equipment she wants to talk about, she spilled coffee on it b/c she didn't buy a prophylactic for it, and now its hard for her to type well in order to entertain. its irritating to her to work hard to be understood, and this should be our fault. and the question is, does everyone else have this tech difficulty? personally my only tech issues is i don't know how to do cute things like emoticons and quotes. but i still get my point across, so the difficulty is only at my end.

as for the title, the internet is both for entertainment and education.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/22/2019 9:30:49 AM
^^^^^ good point, her posts in the philosophy thread...long run on sentences, no capitalization, not even spelling out words all of the time. Far too much effort to read, but somehow we are being too demanding of her by suggesting she actually use the minimum rules of grammar.
 Inicia
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2019 1:16:26 PM
Maybe, read some of the philosopher's writings..lol brain gymnastics..education from POF forums that is rich.. pfft..demanding hahaha. how's that working for u? was offering an explanation to stave off interruptive grumblings. rather be ignored than f up a topic..
 Inicia
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 11:21:21 AM
By the way, I am not Entertaining You , I am entertaining myself via internet expression and exposure 2 others expression
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 purrfectionately
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 1:35:38 PM
Yes I agree that any social media is meant for entertainment. A key board is just another tool used for communication; one of many. Being polite on the other hand is a life asset some use better than others. I know Im not always as polite as I can be but I do try. Self expression is self expression. There are no right or wrong ways to express our thoughts, or what is in our heart. Some forms simply might be easier for most. Others take a little more time, but worth the reward :)

Poetry does not require grammar police :) ox'

vlad dracul
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 2:36:53 PM
Ah the auld grammar police. I speak Lowland Scots 90% of the time. Most of my family and friends talk Lowland Scots...............

"Background. Scots is the name for the language of lowland Scotland. It is a Germanic language, closely related to English. It developed from the northern Old English (or Old Northumbrian) that was introduced into ..."

It has caused me much mirth on here when i use it in a post. Many sniffily refusing to read my posts lol.

I've no got a clue where to put commas and other thingys. I couldnae wait to leave school and start working. When my mate took three of us to new york a lad in a shop asked if i was speaking russian.

The rugby top with a thistle, Saltire flag and Scotland written on it was apparently of no use to him.

I love regional accents and words. We in Edinburgh have lots of words not used in Glasgow which is only 40 miles away. Fife which is around 20 odd miles over the Firth Of Forth speak words different from us and Glaswegians.

A wee question for yous shermans and canucks. Do yous have words or expressions that are common in only certain parts of your nations?

Do yous use slang words?

We use lots of gypsy words in Edinburgh and surrounding area. My mate works in the national library and sent me photies from a book about the language of the roma.

Some words that they use are the same in hindu. Although spelt slightly different in these times.

Words like barry, shan, gadgie, mort, chavvy, choorie, chore, choring, stardie, joogle etc etc.

In englandshire i mind hearing on the radio one day that through the belt from liverpool on the west coast to hull on the east coast there were 40 odd local words for a morning roll.

Long may this continue.

See when yous sing Auld Lang Syne at new year. Yous are singing in Scots. Git yir heids roon this. The last verse is particularly apt.

To A Louse
On Seeing One On A Lady's Bonnet, At Church
Type: Poem
Ha! whaur ye gaun, ye crowlin ferlie?
Your impudence protects you sairly;
I canna say but ye strunt rarely,
Owre gauze and lace;
Tho', faith! I fear ye dine but sparely
On sic a place.

Ye ugly, creepin, blastit wonner,
Detested, shunn'd by saunt an' sinner,
How daur ye set your fit upon her-
Sae fine a lady?
Gae somewhere else and seek your dinner
On some poor body.

Swith! in some beggar's haffet squattle;
There ye may creep, and sprawl, and sprattle,
Wi' ither kindred, jumping cattle,
In shoals and nations;
Whaur horn nor bane ne'er daur unsettle
Your thick plantations.

Now haud you there, ye're out o' sight,
Below the fatt'rels, snug and tight;
Na, faith ye yet! ye'll no be right,
Till ye've got on it-
The verra tapmost, tow'rin height
O' Miss' bonnet.

My sooth! right bauld ye set your nose out,
As plump an' grey as ony groset:
O for some rank, mercurial rozet,
Or fell, red smeddum,
I'd gie you sic a hearty dose o't,
Wad dress your droddum.

I wad na been surpris'd to spy
You on an auld wife's flainen toy;
Or aiblins some bit dubbie boy,
On's wyliecoat;
But Miss' fine Lunardi! fye!
How daur ye do't?

O Jeany, dinna toss your head,
An' set your beauties a' abread!
Ye little ken what cursed speed
The blastie's makin:
Thae winks an' finger-ends, I dread,
Are notice takin.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 3:59:41 PM
What is so blasted hard about using spellcheck?
 Inicia
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 4:32:04 PM
I love regional accents and words. We in Edinburgh have lots of words not used in Glasgow which is only 40 miles away. Fife which is around 20 odd miles over the Firth Of Forth speak words different from us and Glaswegians.

A wee question for yous shermans and canucks. Do yous have words or expressions that are common in only certain parts of your nations?

Do yous use slang words?

We use lots of gypsy words in Edinburgh and surrounding area. My mate works in the national library and sent me photies from a book about the language of the roma.

^^^Yes to all of the above Vlad, Um it's often called colloquialisms when it is regional; additionally, many people from different areas don't even know when being insulted Or sarcasm or wit is the response .

Purple we're not talking about spell check We're talking about proper use of Proper punctuation, grammar and or paragraphs
 FFS38
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 4:44:33 PM

Because of technology advancement for most people social media very accessible in very easy to operate . I however use a fabulous desktop compute, this is my preference.. Yet it causes many problems in utilizing technology. some operator error, one is I drink coffee while I'm using my computer :I like the expensive ergonomic keyboards for carpal tunnel. I spill coffee on my keyboard often and not having the foresight to get a plastic cover, after my third ruined keyboard

Now this may seem obvious (and could save you a lot of money buying new keyboards), but have you thought about moving your coffee?
 Inicia
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 6:50:03 PM
Over it, explained in topic Now does anybody else have any tech concerns ?I did not open the discussion to debate my use of technology I opened the discussion to share, and then ask the question"Does anybody else have problems with technology in social media?"God I mean it's all explained in the opening topic So if you don't have any tech issues???
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 9:49:44 PM
"God I mean it's all explained in the opening topic So if you don't have any tech issues???
^^^ Good Lord, ya are a bit defensive?? I drink coffee at my desk at work, several styro 5 oz cups a day. Never yet have I spilled it on my equipment.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 19
view profile
History
is it even that social?
Posted: 4/18/2019 9:10:41 AM
on a side topic...a big issue with "social" media is that its fool's gold. many people feel more isolated and alone in this era of "social" media. its easier to misread a sentence that has no facial expression or tone inflection in which to read the emotions of the speaker. its easier to bully and heckle. the generation that grew up knowing only the internet, are adults now, and dealing with FOMO and socializing face to face without trying to multitask and finish up a text (I was at a discussion yesterday and watched it happen. some fellow was trying to tell his life story to the group while distractedly finishing up a text, and the subject of the meet was vulnerability).
 cooldog65
Msg: 20
view profile
History
is it even that social?
Posted: 4/18/2019 9:45:33 AM
I can't make rhyme or reason out of the opening post. What does tech issues have to do with social media being entertainment?
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 12:22:14 PM

Yes.
Similar to watching a train wreck in slow motion.
 Inicia
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 2:13:43 PM
no not defensive,AD nauseum And TC ,if your so concerned i am defensive what was the need to say "you drink coffee at your keyboard all the time and have never spilled coffee on it ?"
Wowser wowser wowser wowser well I'm gonna stop looking at this point . thanks all. so happy, And by the way For those who can't make hide nor hair - let me break it down for you" if it is entertainment: Social media~ What does it matter what the hell punctuation a person uses ? It's called skip by it Passover who cares the blessing of social media as entertainment. So as you are not entertaining me in any way shape or form, and you find your aggression makes me defensive, I'm gonna take my defensive, affrontive, problematic a** Elsewhere, I will not be visiting this (my) topic share again. simple responses to the only question i asked. apparently the people who have shared here find entertainment in a different style of communication.. enjoy. all yours.
In addition, my question wasn't ;" can you make hide or hair and advise me as i am in desperate need of you great wisdom and correction to write a sentences? no my only question, was do you have any tech issues That you care to share ?
 FFS38
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 6:53:13 PM

no not defensive, AD nauseum And TC, if your so concerned i am defensive what was the need to say "you drink coffee at your keyboard all the time and have never spilled coffee on it?"
Wowser wowser wowser wowser well I'm gonna stop looking at this point. thanks all. so happy, And by the way For those who can't make hide nor hair - let me break it down for you" if it is entertainment: Social media~ What does it matter what the hell punctuation a person uses ? It's called skip by it Passover who cares the blessing of social media as entertainment. So as you are not entertaining me in any way shape or form, and you find your aggression makes me defensive, I'm gonna take my defensive, affrontive, problematic a** Elsewhere, I will not be visiting this (my) topic share again. simple responses to the only question i asked. apparently the people who have shared here find entertainment in a different style of communication.. enjoy. all yours.
In addition, my question wasn't ;" can you make hide or hair and advise me as i am in desperate need of you great wisdom and correction to write a sentences? no my only question, was do you have any tech issues That you care to share ?

Maybe next time you start a thread perhaps title it correctly without all the crypticness.
You made a big point out of spilling coffee and ruining several keyboards and then shot down practically every response to it.
Perhaps if you weren't so hostile you would have got some responses to what you really wanted to know, which, as far as I can make out, is about using technology to improve your punctuation so that you don't end up being the butt of jibes which you suggest are providing entertainment for those more adept in that field.
 FFS38
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Using technology to improve your punctuation so that you don't end up being the butt of jibes
Posted: 4/22/2019 1:10:56 AM
Okay admittedly a bit of a long title, but something along those lines.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Social media is it Entertainment??