Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MattRyan7
Msg: 1
Profile reviewPage 1 of 1    
Can I get some profile reviews? I have been using online dating for years without getting any dates. I want some honest feedback on what may be the problem. In the past I have experimented with different approaches like being ridiculous or funny. Now I am more serious but still no results. What are women looking for anyway? Still looking for douchebags or highly successful/model guys?
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Profile review
Posted: 3/22/2019 10:20:28 AM
I'll focus on your photos. Your third photo is the best of them, you are sort of smiling. But it's a little dark. In your other photos you aren't looking at the camera or you are too far away, and you're not smiling.
You need closer shots, smiling, looking directly at the camera.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Profile review
Posted: 3/22/2019 10:29:09 AM

I have been using online dating for years without getting any dates.

That has been a serious problem with online dating for the last several years.

I want some honest feedback on what may be the problem.

Honestly, the problem is the lack of full participation by women overall, compared to the participation they engaged in years ago, during the glory days of online dating. It's like night and day.
Years ago, messages, icebreakers such as "flirts", "smiles", etc., favoriting, instant chats, were all so much more commonplace. Now, very little.

In the past I have experimented with different approaches like being ridiculous or funny.

Funny used to work very well years ago.
Not so much anymore.

What are women looking for anyway?

highly successful/model guys?

6 foot tall male models who own and drive $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerraris are always in big demand.

Still looking for douchebags

"Bad boys with a heart of gold" (gag) are also highly sought after.

Others may not be actively seeking d-bags, but settle for them if there is something else appealing enough, in their mind.

I will leave the nitpicking to others.

Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Profile review