Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beware: Nigerian faking as US Army Captain      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 boobooloughnane
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Beware: Nigerian faking as US Army CaptainPage 1 of 1    
Please be careful of this handle “Solid American Guy 43”. He claims to be a US Army Captain who is currently in Africa and will be retiring in August.
If you’re gullible and just not cautious enough you’ll fall for his lies because he appears to be very kind and he also doesn’t ask for money right up.
But everything he says is a red flag:
1) both his parents died
2) he has no friends and no relatives and is very lonely as a soldier working in dangerous war zones with no love no mental support.
3) he just wants a woman to be supportive of him in his life.
4) he has been in the service for 19 years and will be retiring in August.
5) he keeps saying the food in the camp sites are bad (which is far from the truth if you know anyone in the military), and says his best friend in the army recently met a woman on Pof and the woman started sending food to his friend and his friend shares with him.
6) he says he got shot on his arm 3 years ago and they almost had to amputate the arm but lots of surgeries saved him.
7) he asks you to install a messenger app called kik.
8) he starts calling you babe and planning a future with you.
9) the number he uses to text me is a MA number.
10) then he installed WhatsApp and the number he WhatsApp messaged me with is a Nigeria number.
11) his English is inconsistent, with grammatical errors. Definitely not an American born/raised.
12) he has the time to text me all day long.

Just beware of this disgusting Nigerian person and in general just beware of all these disgusting Nigerians who are mostly scammers everywhere.
 spot4username
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Beware: Nigerian faking as US Army Captain
Posted: 3/23/2019 11:54:45 AM
Play stupid games.
Win stupid prizes.
 AnxiousCrustacean
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2019 12:01:05 PM
Jeeze.

1. "Just ask" in his About me.
To most internet savvy people, this is clue number one.

2. Reverse search his photos. Your "Army guy" is a fake.
Oh say it isn't so!! Within thirty seconds I knew his name, what his profession is since retiring from the US Army in 2016, and that he probably doesn't eat Twinkies.

So in 45 seconds I knew he wasn't the real deal. And you went through at least 12 steps before figuring this out?

You might want to brush up on personal internet safety.
 boobooloughnane
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2019 1:25:39 PM
Nope I knew it already when he started giving me all those info within just 3 mins of chat. I immediately blocked him and reported him. But just thought it’s a good idea to share it here in case there are gullible women here.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2019 1:31:37 PM

in case there are gullible women here.

There are.

Here, there, everywhere.

There was even a guy on here in Canada who is wanted by the police for scamming women, including on here.

And then there are all the run-of-the-mill losers who convince women to meet them in person, and turn out to be little to nothing like their profile.
 moraima
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2019 4:00:42 PM
Oh the drama...........................
 spot4username
Msg: 7
view profile
History
I have a lovely bridge to sell you.
Posted: 3/23/2019 4:30:12 PM
boobooloughnane -

If you’re gullible and just not cautious enough you’ll fall for his lies because he appears to be very kind and he also doesn’t ask for money right up.

AnxiousCrustacean -

Oh say it isn't so!! Within thirty seconds I knew his name, what his profession is since retiring from the US Army in 2016, and that he probably doesn't eat Twinkies.

So in 45 seconds I knew he wasn't the real deal. And you went through at least 12 steps before figuring this out?

You might want to brush up on personal internet safety.

boobooloughnane -

Nope I knew it already when he started giving me all those info within just 3 mins of chat. I immediately blocked him and reported him.

Yet you (OP) also say

the number he uses to text me is a MA number.

then he installed WhatsApp and the number he WhatsApp messaged me with is a Nigeria number.

he has the time to text me all day long

Certainly doesn't match up with your three minutes and blocked story.

Lordy! It is a lot of drama!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2019 10:08:20 PM
Save da drama for ya mama...
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2019 10:22:36 AM

his English is inconsistent, with grammatical errors. Definitely not an American born/raised.

Apparently you don't realize but a large % of the U.S. military is foreign born and speaks English as a second language. Hell, in the NYPD we had Afgans who could barely speak English. Oh brother!
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2019 1:00:50 PM
Please do not post things like this, we have no way of knowing who is lying and who is not. Just use common sense.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2019 6:02:46 AM
https://taskandpurpose.com/military-romance-scams-bryan-denny
 Baron1644
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 9:29:48 PM
Do they reach to the rank of Captains?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Beware: Nigerian faking as US Army Captain