Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Out of here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LeftSpeaker
Msg: 1
Out of herePage 1 of 1    
WAY to many fake accounts, New users is nothing but bollocks now, So fake it would be impossible for them to be there if there was any regulation or checks from whoever runs this thing now.

Bye all hope you find what you are looking for, but it won't be on here.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/25/2019 11:10:36 PM
Never mind, there`s always coronation street to pass the evenings away :O)
 UKBunny
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/26/2019 1:01:24 AM
...Yet another satisfied customer.................
(hope he remembered to ask for a refund before he left)

Justanotherchap
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/26/2019 2:31:19 AM
Goodbye

We wish you all the luck...
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/26/2019 2:02:58 PM
Way things are going on here for me I don't think it`ll be long be for I join left speaker...

I spend hours messaging all my matches and all the ones that apparently will respond....and still nothing..

Think me and Aggers are in the same boat...
 UKBunny
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/26/2019 2:39:04 PM
I gave up messaging 'totty' on here a few years ago - I only lurk
about for the forum, & that gets more moribund by the day.......
(For fvcks sake get rid of the two in ten rule, it's killing it)

spectravision
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/26/2019 2:55:09 PM
I believe Dating fatigue is very real. You should consider a time out from here, but not from dating.

Most of these women will sit here and not do a thing for the so called love they bang on about. They put in zero effort so why should you. Frankly it's quite pitiful.
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 3/28/2019 7:13:28 PM
A dating site where you get no replies is just a waste of time.
Add to that my age of 61 and women my age become very scary !
I suppose at least the women on here are real.
I get emails from a Russian site that is simply a page full of young Russian models !
As if they are gonna date a 61 year old man !
 Aggers
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 4/5/2019 7:32:05 AM

I believe Dating fatigue is very real. You should consider a time out from here

Yep it is! I had a break from here in August '16 to March '18. I was at a loss to understand why I was not succeeding (still am, tbh) I kept my profile hidden and used to check in on the Forums, but did not chance my arm at any dating. I returned with fresh eyes and enthusiasm and have discovered that it is now even worse. After my rant on the other thread, 14 profiles .... etc 25 miles, blah blah.... I was messaged, out of the blue by an admin, telling me if I was not happy with my results I should expand my parameters? What if i don't want to date someone a 100 miles away? I would but, what if I don't?

Way things are going on here for me I don't think it`ll be long be for I join left speaker...

I spend hours messaging all my matches and all the ones that apparently will respond....and still nothing..

Think me and Aggers are in the same boat...

I have a theory here, Brian.

There is a narrow minded conception, that there is always better in the next message and on the next search! Hence, perfectly good people are being ignored and overlooked. They are blind to see the endearing qualities in profiles all because they want better than what is available. If Men's profiles are deemed to be too nice, you are overlooked. The Ladies are waiting for better than what is available?

This leads to my other theory. If the type of Lady I am looking for is not on here and the Ladies are not pro-active in coming forward to message me. I am absolutely convinced that my type of partner is not an online dating user and then it flips to that I actually want better than what is available! Impasse!!! I know quite a number of people who have had and have a lot of success on here, but it eludes myself, hence my potential partner is not an OLD user.

At Christmas, I was meeting professionally up to a 1,000 people a week and still no luck? Even now I can meet up to 300+ people a week and still nothing? I cannot work it out, hence my theories?
 spectravision
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Out of here
Posted: 4/5/2019 8:07:42 AM

Yep it is! I had a break from here in August '16 to March '18. I was at a loss to understand why I was not succeeding (still am, tbh) I kept my profile hidden and used to check in on the Forums, but did not chance my arm at any dating. I returned with fresh eyes and enthusiasm and have discovered that it is now even worse. After my rant on the other thread, 14 profiles .... etc 25 miles, blah blah.... I was messaged, out of the blue by an admin, telling me if I was not happy with my results I should expand my parameters? What if i don't want to date someone a 100 miles away? I would but, what if I don't?

They want you to expand your parameters because if us so called 'gullible' men give up on love, and say bye bye. Their business model crumbles ;)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Out of here