Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Prospect age range is way out of sync!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Boab75v2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Prospect age range is way out of sync! Page 1 of 1    
Hey folks, hoping someone can help me out here.

Every time I go to meet me, all the women are between 25 and 29 with the occasional low 30s. The profiles in 'more prospects' are all mid 20s, the profiles above my messages are all mid 20s, the profiles in my matches are all low 30s

But I'm 43... My search criteria is late 30s to mid 40s...

I have no interest in these women who are barely older than my daughter, and even if I did, the age restriction on here wouldn't allow me to talk to them even if I wanted to...

Does anyone know why is this happening? Why are these features not showing age appropriate or within my age range results? Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you sort it?

TIA
 Boab75v2
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Prospect age range is way out of sync!
Posted: 3/30/2019 5:49:25 AM
Today I'm seeing profiles of 24 year olds! That's almost 20 years my junior! Every time I click a profile now I feel like a dirty old man! Apart from deleting my profile and starting again, is there anything I can do to make it show me profiles in my search range?
 scottdforyou
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 7:14:05 PM
I’m 65 and she is 55. The message says she only excepts messages from certain users. Why would it say that with only 10 years difference? Does anybody know?
Posted: 4/17/2019 11:05:25 AM
scottdforyou, check her mail filters. If she set her age filter for men closer to her own age, or she set her distance filter for men closer to her own area, that might be why you cant contact her. :-(
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Prospect age range is way out of sync!