Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Upgraded user needs help.... My profile requests your feedback      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Upgraded user needs help.... My profile requests your feedbackPage 1 of 1    
Maybe I need to fire the guy who created my profile. I am not getting the desired results. In fact, most messages I send end up in the "unread/deleted" category. At this point, I am beyond trying to understand what I need to change.

Please do a review and give me your honest feedback. Here's what you are reviewing: Recent pics, truthful profile answers, and whatever else you see.

It could be:

-my looks
-my photos
-the order of my photos ( or the photos I have chosen)
-the profile content I wrote

I would appreciate any and all feedback.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Upgraded user needs help.... My profile requests your feedback
Posted: 4/1/2019 7:03:39 PM
Your interests list is too long. Travel, wanderlust, Bali, Ireland, is redundant. Just say either travel or wanderlust.
Do you flirt when you're with a date? As in flirting with other women? If you do that, then leave FLIRTING in there. If you don't do that, then take that out.
For most women, "wants to date but nothing serious" means you're a waste of time. They won't answer you. Yet you say you know how to commit. That's contradictory. If you're willing and able to commit, say you're looking for a relationship.

You have 3 truck photos, they violate the rules, you must be in every photo. One photo of you next to your truck should do it.
Too many unsmiling photos.
You need one head and shoulders smiling shot without sunglasses for your main.
Hope that helps.
 jerseynative7
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 9:58:32 AM

Caucasian

Mmmm ??
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 4:43:14 PM
I am thinking you might doubt my answer?

I am Irish and Jewish and I tan very easily.
 spot4username
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2019 3:24:55 PM
Your age parameters are cringe worthy. Most women your own age will *next* based on them alone.
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 5:43:11 AM
The only small advice I could give is not to use the bird pic as the lead. It is kind of hard to see YOU in the thumbnail.

And, personally, I love when a guy smiles with his whole face. Teeth, eye wrinkles. The whole dirty truth.
It may just be me, but when I see a whole bunch of closed lipped smiles, I just think, "this guy doesn't want to laugh out loud at life with me". :D
That's just me, though.

But, I would consider changing the lead pic.
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 2:04:33 PM
Your age parameters are cringe worthy. Most women your own age will *next* based on them alone.

I have changed that. That was not my preference so I am not sure how it saved. And I am curious as to why you looked at that ( good catch, btw). Is that a thing you always look at? And why?
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 2:06:42 PM
"Your interests list is too long. Travel, wanderlust, Bali, Ireland, is redundant. Just say either travel or wanderlust.
Do you flirt when you're with a date? As in flirting with other women? If you do that, then leave FLIRTING in there. If you don't do that, then take that out.
For most women, "wants to date but nothing serious" means you're a waste of time. They won't answer you. Yet you say you know how to commit. That's contradictory. If you're willing and able to commit, say you're looking for a relationship.

You have 3 truck photos, they violate the rules, you must be in every photo. One photo of you next to your truck should do it.
Too many unsmiling photos.
You need one head and shoulders smiling shot without sunglasses for your main.
Hope that helps."

I have made some changes based on your recommendations. Thoughts?
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 2:08:01 PM
"The only small advice I could give is not to use the bird pic as the lead. It is kind of hard to see YOU in the thumbnail.

And, personally, I love when a guy smiles with his whole face. Teeth, eye wrinkles. The whole dirty truth.
It may just be me, but when I see a whole bunch of closed lipped smiles, I just think, "this guy doesn't want to laugh out loud at life with me". :D
That's just me, though.

But, I would consider changing the lead pic."

I have made some changes. Thoughts? Or do you think one of my other pics should be the main?
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 5:08:05 AM
I like the pic changes! Good choices! It shows you in a variety of settings vs just the truck. Variety of smiles. :D

Again, it's just a thing for me about the smiling with teeth. It just makes a guy seem more approach-able, if you will.
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 10:43:59 AM
Well.... a little update here...

These suggestions have helped. Getting more looks and replies.

Thanks all. And please, I am still seeking feedback.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 11:57:43 AM
While I didn't see the original profile, I do like this one. My only suggestion is to get rid of the picture of you in bed because there's a uck factor. Good luck!
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 7:15:02 PM
done....

Thanks
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2019 12:19:58 PM
I certainly would like any other feedback if anyone else has any. Thanks in advance
 julystorm22
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2019 12:49:50 PM
You have a great profile. I wish guys like you would message me as you are completely my type but unfortunately you live way too far away.😥
 spectravision
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2019 1:58:00 PM
^^ Looks who's having a Twit Twoo moment :Roll:

Only jesting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-Kj2BpOaU
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2019 8:40:17 AM
"You have a great profile. I wish guys like you would message me as you are completely my type but unfortunately, you live way too far away.😥"

Well, thank you. I sincerely appreciate that comment. Good luck in fishing ;)
 sparkyn98p2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 5:35:40 AM
And if we never hear from July and John again, we know why... :D :D

Well, thank you. I sincerely appreciate that comment. Good luck in fishing ;)

What I message people back when they send "You're cute!" emails. Lolol
 julystorm22
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 2:42:56 PM
I message them back that too but I usually mean it. It's nice to hear compliments.
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 3:38:39 PM
"And if we never hear from July and John again, we know why... :D :D"

Oh..I am not going anywhere's....
 John_of_Texas
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 3:39:27 PM
" I message them back that too but I usually mean it. "

So do I.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2019 6:07:58 PM
You are tall, not bad looking and educated you should be having success in real life. Nothing wrong with your profile. You dont look Jewish or Irish but more of the African origins. It is that few genuine women are here and those that have it going on are too busy in real life. That you paid for an upgrade is a waste of money from what I hear. Dont waste your money.
 julystorm22
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 9:55:47 AM
When I first went on pof I became an upgraded user because I was really curious what advantages there were. I did really like being able to see who last viewed you and when.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Upgraded user needs help.... My profile requests your feedback