Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sexless relationships      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Sexless relationshipsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Are sexless relationships a 'thing'? How long is it possible to try and keep a relationship going if there is no sexual engagement?

Are there any proven ways to correct a sexless relationship when, say, there has been a new baby and still 2 years on the previous relationship has gone because the baby has 'replaced' the father and the father is no longer required in the 'family unit'?
 FFS38
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 3:40:10 AM

Are sexless relationships a 'thing'? How long is it possible to try and keep a relationship going if there is no sexual engagement

Isn't that known as marriage? Not that I've ever been married of course.
 daynadaze
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 4:45:50 AM
Oh good grief, why would you date someone like that?
 cooldog65
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 9:48:40 AM

Are there any proven ways to correct a sexless relationship

Yes. Leave...
 spectravision
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 9:50:42 AM
^^ or find sock to waaaank into
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 10:48:46 AM

Are sexless relationships a 'thing'?

If being friend-zoned is a "thing" in your world, sexless relationships will be a "thing", yes. :)

How long is it possible to try and keep a relationship going if there is no sexual engagement?

If you're talking about it being kicked off that way (sexless) -- then you're Not in a Relationship beyond friends at all. One could be Duped into believing they are in a dating/romantic relationship, by the fault of themselves & the other, usually requiring a bit of beyond-platonic physical interaction that barely existed to allow the wrong idea to marinate. These are uncommon, as it requires the guy to be quite naive and the gal to be pretty screwball.

If you're talking about an unquestionable BF/GF, or a husband/wife relationship that ended up being sexless after a baby was born... and it's been 2 years of no sexual relations: It's a "zombie" relationship. It's Not real anymore. You're just role-playing being a real couple. It's actually Not that much different, underneath it all, than the scenario where a guy gets Duped thinking that he's actually Dating a girl, when he's really not -- but she likes to get taken out & paid for with comforting male attention, but gives him excuses why she doesn't want to fool around or even really kiss (European kisses being 'the moments').

How long do such post-baby now sexless Relationships last? Technically they can last indefinitely. Depends on how feasible it is for the one not wanting sex is able to get out of the relationship, and how naive the other is in chasing them and willing to hold out and try to "re-win" them over. Could wisely break up/separate after a couple years... could be 10 years. YMMV.

If a gal told you she's in a sexless relationship and is complaining about the guy she had a baby with a couple years ago... from my experience: It's probably not Completely void of sexual endeavors 100%. Many things are exaggerated in those instances, so do not at all take it as 100% truth. But it very well can be in the ballpark of accurate -- where their sex life is more or less flatlined.
 gvjanet
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 11:15:47 AM
Having a baby changes lives. It's hard on everyone.

The best way to get your wife back, is to make sure she has the help needed so she has the time and energy pre-baby.
 Carrolllll5858
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 2:15:20 PM
I for one thing sexual is a must in any kind of relationship. Now how many times you do it or what you exactly do is between you two.

But I have met a few girls on here who claim they have no desire for anything sexual or want none of it or will make you wait weeks or months lol.
 spectravision
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 2:22:53 PM
^^

I've always heard the golden rule for a Woman to keep a Man is:

Don't let him leave the house hungry and horny because their is a wh0re with butties out there somewhere.

I agree with Janet. But don't forget about depression too after Women give birth to children and their hole body may change and they feel unattractive and tired and so on..
 Carrolllll5858
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 2:43:40 PM
^^^ yeah I tend to have a lot more trouble with single mothers when it comes to anything sexual, even though other people tell me different.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/8/2019 7:17:17 PM
Are ya just asking off the cuff questions? Or do they actually apply to you in any way??????????
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/9/2019 3:00:46 AM

But I have met a few girls on here who claim they have no desire for anything sexual or want none of it or will make you wait weeks or months lol.

That means they're Not Interested in you, in-that-way. Even if they're willing to talk and even hang out.

I tend to have a lot more trouble with single mothers when it comes to anything sexual, even though other people tell me different.

Getting make-out sessions, or more than making out depends on their attraction to you, #1. But, women under 40 without kids have a higher Dating Value than those who do have kids. Meaning, a gal's dating value is lower after having kids than when she didn't have them, and your chances increase on getting somewhere where it'd normally be just a bit out of your reach. But that could just mean you're worthy of male-attention-only that they may need, where if they don't have kids, you wouldn't be worth that to them. :)

I think your main problem is jumping into the friend-zone, many times, unknowingly.
 Qura
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/11/2019 5:35:09 PM
People avoid sex when they are not attracted to the other person. I'm guessing few will admit to themselves--let alone to their partner--that this is the root cause, but it is.

Many things can lead to the loss of attraction--and even a well-rested mom may not recover that feeling toward the father of her child. It's a lot more complex than that. And she has to want to recover that feeling, too. If she feels resentment b/c of how much her workload has increased, for example, while papa doesn't seem to have taken on many new responsibilities, she will be less inclined to want to work on it. Resentment can also grow if one partner "guilts" the other into sex. This dynamic can be changed, but both have to want it and have to be willing to change to make it happen.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/11/2019 8:11:22 PM
I avoid sex because I'm too lazy to shave my legs.
 FFS38
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 6:39:14 AM
What is this sex thing people speak of?
 purrfectionately
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 7:31:54 AM
You don't have to shave to have sex.
You do have sex when in a relationship or your not in one.
You are the one still there putting up with not getting some.

Make healthy changes to find happiness.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 9:30:24 AM
Years ago, I knew a women who told me her husband was so horrified after witnessing her give birth to their son, that it took him four years before he was willing to have sex with her again.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 11:18:49 AM
Ooops, I thought this thread was about my relationships with all the women on the planet.

Nevermind.
 FFS38
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 12:05:15 PM
Lol, maybe there should be an asexual option on the site.
 Whatsamattababy
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 12:10:44 PM
Unless you're a contortionist, legs touch during sex, if I remember correctly. Prickly isn't erotic.
 spectravision
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 12:25:17 PM
Laser it off but then that is effort...

Some guys like hirsute Women.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 1:02:02 PM
^^^^geez. I read that as hairsuite and I'm thinking...mmmm...I've heard of meat suit, but not hair suit.
I wear a hairsuit on my legs in the winter. I thought everyone did.
 spectravision
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 1:18:15 PM

^^^^geez. I read that as hairsuite and I'm thinking...mmmm...I've heard of meat suit, but not hair suit.
I wear a hairsuit on my legs in the winter. I thought everyone did.

Last time you read something different I got myself told off
 FFS38
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 1:22:47 PM

Some guys like hirsute Women

Haha, you forgot to add the nudge nudge, wink wink...

Lol, sounds quite posh described that way, allow me to introduce you to my hairsuite...
 spectravision
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Sexless relationships
Posted: 4/12/2019 1:29:37 PM

Haha, you forgot to add the nudge nudge, wink wink...

Time, and a place for that ;) Boo is a Lady, and it's not winter yet :)

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sexless relationships