Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Is this creepy or weird?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Polterglitch
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I recently changed my description and noticed that the number beside the "Meet me" button was decreasing quite quickly. So after taking some advice I have come up with a new bio that I am unsure about and haven't put on my profile bio yet.

What my profile bio currently reads:

"Hi I am Callam, I go to university a couple days a week and when I am not at university I am at home looking for shows to watch or playing video games but mostly just watching shows. If your up for something different that's fine."

What my new bio I am planning on replacing the current one with reads:

When I was 8, after a bath I'd roll around on my bed naked if I wasn't dry enough after using a towel. At the time I was moving to a new school and thought this was normal so I used this as a conversation starter to make friends.

Didn't make friends but secured my place as the weird kid XD."

So what do you think?
 spectravision
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/8/2019 5:14:37 PM
I think you forgot to mention you also had a rubber sheet for peeing the bed

Joke all you want on your profile. But I wouldn't stick the above on it if you want success
 Polterglitch
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/8/2019 5:18:37 PM
Which bio was good? Also the above on what?
 Polterglitch
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 10:45:03 AM
Can I have a females opinion? Not to be rude I do take your feedback into consideration despite the fact I don't understand what you mean. I just think a females feedback would make more sense than a guys in this case.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 11:30:24 AM
Callam, neither is good. Your profile says you're somewhat ambitious, but you come off quite the opposite. Is there anything you're passionate about? Talk about it. Tell the women you want to attract about you. Get pictures of yourself doing what you enjoy.
 Polterglitch
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 12:09:17 PM
Your right, I come off as more ambitious than I put so I decided to change it to just ambitious.

When it comes to what I am passionate about I am not sure what to put. All I really think is I wan't a decent house, a decent job I enjoy enough not to hate and a girlfriend I wan't to spend the rest of my life with. I do care a lot for my cat's but I don't think that's really worth mentioning as a passion. I also have idea's but I am not sure if I would call it something I am passionate about.

It's taking pictures of doing what I enjoy that is more of a struggle because the things I enjoy are mostly just video games and watching TV shows. Their is bowling and roller coasters but for them I need to have friends willing to go with me which is difficult because I don't really like my current friends and they are all introverts like me. I will be going on holiday kinda soon so I will try and see if I can take pictures of myself doing what I enjoy then.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 4:09:22 PM
Since you like gaming I'm assuming you would like to meet a girl that does too. Mention a couple of the games that you like and why. I saw bowling as an interest. What is your score? Have someone take a few pictures next time you go so you can pick the best. What's wrong with talking about your cats? Real men like cats. Lol. Really, a lot of men love cats because they have companions and freedom. What classes are you taking at University? Getting the idea?
 Polterglitch
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 5:03:00 PM
Wow you make great points

I will expand on my gaming and TV show preferences and will also expand on my love of my cat's. I was worried about talking about my cat's because as soon as I put my love of my cat's in my previous description that was when my meet me number started declining but I will definitely put it back in. As I mentioned before I don't have friends to go with to do bowling but I might be able to convince some family to go bowling with me at some point in the future, maybe on my birthday or something.

As far as what I am taking at university I am currently doing computer animation which I plan on leaving at the end of the course year because I am not happy with the course. I am applying for a different university course in graphic design which I hope to get on after this course years end. The reason I removed computer animation from my profile was because I would not be taking it anymore but I don't wan't to put graphic design either because it is not set in stone that I would get on the course (Which I am pretty sure I would).
 Polterglitch
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 5:16:57 PM
Before I put this as my description on my profile I just wan't to hear what you think first.

Hi I am Callam, I go to university a couple days a week and when I am not at university I am at home either watching shows, playing video games, cuddling my cats or noting down my idea's. If your up for something different that's fine. The idea's I come up with I hope to one day get the chance to make reality in the future but it would be expensive and difficult to pull off so I just have them on hold for now.

I tend to think realistically so my main passion is to one day find a decent house that I can be proud to call my home, a job with good pay that I enjoy enough not to hate and finally to find the woman I love who I would then share the rest of my life with. Then is when I will start thinking about moving forward with my idea's.

I will also be putting some video games and shows I love under interests. I will also add to my description later that I am taking graphic design if I get accepted on the course.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/9/2019 6:21:20 PM
Callam, remember, the Meet Me feature is based mostly on your pictures. If the pictures are good then you have a better chance of having your profile looked at. Just don't put too much stock in this feature. Lots of women will say maybe even though they aren't interested. Most won't respond should you actually email them.

As for the body of your profile you don't want to sound wishy washy. Try something like this:

I'm Callam and I go to university a couple of days a week. My passions include watching shows, playing videogames games and my cats. I take notes of my ideas and hope one day to make them reality. I'm also a realist so I plan on getting a good job that I like so I can buy my own home and find the right woman to settle down with, the one to share my hopes, dreams and plans.
 Polterglitch
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/10/2019 4:34:19 AM
Okay I understand that photos are a bit more important that my description so I will try and find more opportunity in the future to take more. I hear that one good photo to have is one where you sneak your pet in the frame with you so I will attempt that at some point. Earlier I mentioned I will be going on holiday soon so I will try and take lots of pictures of me having fun then.

As for the body you wrote is it okay if I use it?
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/10/2019 10:37:52 AM
You can use it until you think of something better - and you will. I'm looking forward to your new pictures.
 Polterglitch
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/10/2019 11:49:19 AM
Okay thanks a lot for the advice.
 FFS38
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:51:52 AM

Joke all you want on your profile. But I wouldn't stick the above on it if you want success

Did he say he was joking?

I recently changed my description and noticed that the number beside the "Meet me" button was decreasing quite quickly.

Your 'Meet Me' numbers going down are in no way related to your profile description, I don't think you can 'Unmeet' someone.
Mine go up and down too, so logically the numbers going down would mean they've left and deleted their profile.

On a side note you have good spelling skills so am surprised you are confusing "you're" with "your", some women don't like that.
 spectravision
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 11:09:00 AM
^^ It was all in the XD ;)
 Polterglitch
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 2:58:53 PM
This is in reply to FFS38

I don't understand what you mean by quoting
from one of spectravisions messages and then asking me if he was joking, very confused what I am supposed to reply with, is it yes?

Also yes, I know that the meet me section doesn't relate much with the description, ontheotherhand reminded me of that. It's just when I go on meet me I always look at their description before I put yes and thought everyone else did the same. By the way you can un-meet me someone if it's a mutual meet me but I am surprised you can't if it's not a mutual, that's odd. I am also surprised that the reason the number was going down was because of people who put me as yes on meet me were leaving the site.

Regarding your side note thank you for the compliment on my good spelling. I proof read everything I am about to submit because English isn't my strong point. It was actually the only subject I had to retake after finishing school but ultimately finished with a C but was so close to getting a B. I guess me mixing up "you're" with "your" is one of the things that I missed when proof reading, I will try not to make the same mistake again. Although If a girl were to dismiss me just because I mixed "you're" with "your" then they are probably not worth it. :)

Thanks for the feedback
 Polterglitch
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 3:03:11 PM
This is in reply to spectavision

^^ It was all in the XD ;)

Oh so when you put
I wouldn't stick the above on it if you want success
you were talking about the XD part?
 spectravision
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 3:12:03 PM

When I was 8, after a bath I'd roll around on my bed naked if I wasn't dry enough after using a towel. At the time I was moving to a new school and thought this was normal so I used this as a conversation starter to make friends.

Didn't make friends but secured my place as the weird kid XD."

If you were being serious then I'd question your putting something like that on your profile, hence, me stating you forgot to include the rubber bed sheet as I thought you were clowning about.

Do you think any young female of your age would find it funny like I did ? No, They wouldn't.

I do think you've got a sense of humour that was misplaced that is all.
 Polterglitch
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 4:13:55 PM

If you were being serious then I'd question your putting something like that on your profile, hence, me stating you forgot to include the rubber bed sheet as I thought you were clowning about.

I was just genuinely asking if it was the XD part you were talking about, sorry if it came off as rude. Also I wasn't clowning about I was actually thinking of putting that as my description because of a video I found.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBMRomUNROo

I think you forgot to mention you also had a rubber sheet for peeing the bed

I didn't get this part was what you were talking about which is why I was asking because I was confused on what you meant.

Do you think any young female of your age would find it funny like I did ? No, They wouldn't.

No I had no idea hence the name of the subject being "Is this creepy or weird?" because I wanted to ask if it was creepy or weird before I put it as my new description, now I know it is. You didn't have to be so rude.

I do think you've got a sense of humour that was misplaced that is all.

I do sometimes tend to not get other peoples jokes on occasion because I am autistic. But at least when I do they don't lash out at me like you did. They just calmly explain what they meant instead of being rude like you were.
 FFS38
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 4:13:59 PM

I don't understand what you mean by quoting one of spectravisions messages and then asking me if he was joking, very confused what I am supposed to reply with, is it yes?

It wasn't you I was asking, I was asking spectravision....hence why I quoted him.
He suggested you shouldn't put your new profile description up if it is untruthful and just a joke but for all I know it may not have been a joke, can you clarify?

I am also surprised that the reason the number was going down was because of people who put me as yes on meet me were leaving the site.

Yes, believe it or not people do leave these types of sites.

If a girl were to dismiss me just because I mixed "you're" with "your" then they are probably not worth it. :)

Yes you are right, 'their' probably not worth it.

Thanks for the feedback

No worries.
 Polterglitch
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 4:33:26 PM

It wasn't you I was asking, I was asking spectravision....hence why I quoted him.

Ah that makes more sense, yeah thought you were talking to me and I was super confused :/.

He suggested you shouldn't put your new profile description up if it is untruthful and just a joke but for all I know it may not have been a joke, can you clarify?

Yes I can clarify, no it wasn't untruthful, it all actually happened when I was little. The reason I was going to have this as my description was because of a video.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBMRomUNROo

When I was trying to think of something that happened to me that met all the guys criteria from the video that was the only one I could think of.
 spectravision
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 4:44:26 PM

I do sometimes tend to not get other peoples jokes on occasion because I am autistic. But at least when I do they don't lash out at me like you did. They just calmly explain what they meant instead of being rude like you were.

I had left this thread alone to the lady to help you out at your own request hadn't I. I wouldn't have bothered again with this thread but I was quoted, hence, replied.

I had an idea after my last post there was more going on with you while making food.

If I was lashing out, it would have been a lot more abrupt than what I've said by like 1,000,000 X young man.

Good luck and all the best in the love game.
 Polterglitch
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 4:59:15 PM
If

wasn't you trying to be rude or mean then I sincerely apologise.
 FFS38
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 5:22:19 PM

If wasn't you trying to be rude or mean then I sincerely apologise

I think he misunderstood you originally and thought maybe you was having a wind up, hence the rubber sheet remarks etc (maybe a bit harsh)
It wasn't until later (when he was making food) that he realised you were serious.
 spectravision
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Is this creepy or weird?
Posted: 4/12/2019 5:24:11 PM

wasn't you trying to be rude or mean then I sincerely apologise.

I was being truthful Lad. That is all. I really don't think Women of your age group would be receptive to when you were 8 years old, and what was written.

Don't lose sleep over it. Don't worry about an apology. It is a non issue.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Is this creepy or weird?