Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Personality types - Ocean score - things of that nature      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Personality types - Ocean score - things of that naturePage 1 of 1    
Do personality types and personality typing matter to you? Does it affect you life in any noticable way or have a measurible impact on your dating and romantic exploits? Similarly, what about things like OCEAN score, etc.?

I read about these things a lot, and my boss at work is deep into psychology stuff (he thinks it makes him a better manager), but really why should someone care, or need to care?

8-) Vexing question perhaps? Some references:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personality_type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Personality types - Ocean score - things of that nature
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:41:08 AM
I recently took the Myers/Briggs test. According to the results, I'm an INFP. I've feel that what I've read about my personality type is pretty accurate. It confirmed some of what I already know about myself.
Maybe if someone I'm dating is perplexed by me, I could give them my analysis to review, lol.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/13/2019 6:45:36 AM

Do personality types and personality typing matter to you?

It doesn't matter to me and apparently doesn't matter to psychiatrists either. I've had 5 different psychiatrist soon to be a 6th and 6 or 7 trips to the psyche ward don't recall anyone giving me a parsonality test. Maybe the first time because that one is a little hazy.

Does it affect you life in any noticable way or have a measurible impact on your dating and romantic exploits?

I imagine for most people they only read the results and can't reply it to themselves properly. You can do the same thing with a horoscope. There's 7 billion people in this world and these tests don't work properly with everyone. Even knowing the score of the person you're dating would be meaningless. I wonder how a sociopath scores on that test. On the briggs and stratton test I'm an HFWH.

"I'm an INFP"

Really and all this time I was thinking you were an SACB
 Jay6598
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 10:52:27 PM
Yeah, personality types TOTALLY matter to me. I'm not savvy enough to pull a name out of my hat other than
Ass**le or Jerk or Arogant Buffoon.
If I got so far with someone where I wasn't naming them these totally unprofessional character types, I would have no problem exploring their personality type and wondering about it for a day or two and moving on.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Personality types - Ocean score - things of that nature