Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Questions- Convicts,scammers and other unwanted messages.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Questions- Convicts,scammers and other unwanted messages.Page 1 of 1    
I have been messaged by many just-out-of-prison guys on the site. Some come right out and say it, and some you can tell by the tats. I bet that most people can spot prison tats (I used to work in a prison so I'm very familiar with them).
But, just in case you're not- they're almost always all black/green. No color, and inmates generally have
very many small tats, few if any big ones.
I've also noted a big increase in messages from scammers- getting 1-2 daily, used to be only 1-2 a week.

Ladies, have you noticed an increase in messages from scammers and convicts?

A male friend of mine told me he recently left POF and went to a pay site, as he was getting more and more messages from prostitutes and cam girls.
Guys- have you noticed an increase in this kind of traffic?
Wish there was some way to find stats on this.

I'm wondering if these types of messages are on the rise in general, or is there something about my profile which screams "If you just got out of prison, don't have a car, or do have E.D., message me!" Lol.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Questions- Convicts,scammers and other unwanted messages.
Posted: 4/12/2019 7:37:32 AM
Actually since I rejoined the forums I have been spammed with these bots. At first I thought they were real because often real women back in the day would send "Hi there" messages and be scantly dressed(they need to get my attention after all lol). Now it is obvious they are not real with same profiles and ages that don't match pics. Many seem to come from Pennsylvania.

As for the guys out of prison,all I can say is POF ladies do often prefer bad boys and guys with an edge, as has been discussed multiple times. Now you can get your cake and eat it too... hopefully without a shiv hidden within!
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 8:17:51 AM
I've never been into bad boys. Still waiting on a cuddly nerd to find me.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:40:10 AM

Guys- have you noticed an increase in this kind of traffic?

Not me.
Even the scammers aren't interested in guys with no photos.
Even when I fave them because I like the photos.

I can say is POF ladies do often prefer bad boys and guys with an edge, as has been discussed multiple times.

And so many will deny that even to their dying breath.
But it explains my inbox usually being full of cobwebs instead of messages.

I have been messaged by many just-out-of-prison guys on the site.

Ladies, have you noticed an increase in messages from scammers and convicts?

I'm no lady, but indications are that they are getting a lot, because here in SoCal, a lot of women have been commenting in their profiles about it, asking men even IN prison, to stop sending messages.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 8:54:00 PM
Maybe three scammer msgs a year from here. Easy to see that they are. None from a person just out of Prison.
 purrfectionately
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2019 7:29:57 PM
Being I moved around over the years while on and off this site (over ten years), I notice quite a bit. Many of the same old profiles have the same old pics and message new members no matter where they live. Many have messaged me in the past, and recently not even knowing Im the same person because they don't pay attention. Some foreigners use local towns/cities on profiles with grammatically incorrect verbiage pretending to live here.
Scammers are getting much smarter about the type of profiles they message. I get way more messages in the first two weeks of posting new pictures than in six months with the same ones. Yes. it seems like the average jail bird that can now fly carries a lot of bull too.

...and I get more scammers without pics
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Questions- Convicts,scammers and other unwanted messages.