Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Apparently Canada didn't get the memo:      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 401bored
Msg: 1
Apparently Canada didn't get the memo:Page 1 of 1    
Treating men and women differently on ANY platform is sexist, and is taboo in America. I notice a lot of females replacing their profile text with three dots "..." or some other word to avoid filling it out. When I try that, it says my profile description is too short. Then I checked the Help Section and it reads, in part: "Only females can send private images. This feature was removed for men because of nudity.". I think if you want to do business in the USA you need to abide by our fair standards. Doesn't matter who actually owns POF, we all know it's built and operated by Canadians.
Apparently Canada didn't get the memo:
Posted: 4/21/2019 8:29:06 PM
You can always take your business over to a pay site that doesn't discriminate against men, such as Match. That's probably what they would prefer you to do anyway, since Match now owns Pof.
 401bored
Msg: 3
Apparently Canada didn't get the memo:
Posted: 4/22/2019 3:44:38 PM
Wow, what a clever sales tactic! I think you are right.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Apparently Canada didn't get the memo: