Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Flyrr101
Msg: 1
Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Did anyone ever find the perfect woman on the profiles? I've found a few. Close, cute, ticked just about all of the boxes. So I write the perfect opener. Read it over. Push send... and she doesn't accept messages from anyone 60 or older. I'm 60. Damn girl, you're 56. After 50 it's just a number!
Discuss?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!
Posted: 4/24/2019 5:37:54 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of OLD. (On Line Dating)

Where most men aren't quite good enough. When a number becomes important. A place where women search for the ideal younger than they are, guy. Who they will rave over, and in the next second gripe about how she was treated like a piece of furniture. Plenty will despise the player, yet date the jerk, and get bent out of shape because they couldn't reform said jerk.

I'm not sure if these players could sell an icebox to an eskimo, or they have lousy sales resistance. Probably the latter, because I've heard too many stories about how they loaned money to them, and they vanished into thin air. I suggest you look at what they will consider as a dateable age, before you message them.

Or, just write off this whole mess called dating, and go mow your grass. At least by doing that, you've done something useful.
 spectravision
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 5:39:59 AM

Did anyone ever find the perfect woman on the profiles? I've found a few. Close, cute, ticked just about all of the boxes. So I write the perfect opener. Read it over. Push send... and she doesn't accept messages from anyone 60 or older. I'm 60. Damn girl, you're 56. After 50 it's just a number!
Discuss?

You pressed send on a profile you didn't fully read or you would have seen her age restrictions. You can always date older than yourself.

The only time I hear age is only a number is from older people seeking younger.
 Flyrr101
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/24/2019 6:16:59 AM
I know. As soon as I get that message I think, shit, should have checked!
 spectravision
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 6:36:57 AM
We have a 53 year old local woman and she has her age restrictions set to 32 and 53.

Her headlines is age is only a number. I won't message her just on that even though I date women up to 57 if they float my boat.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 6:51:01 AM

The only time I hear age is only a number is from older people seeking younger

This.

Sadly, age is more than a number the older you get.
I'm headed towards 67 in a few months, and I don't want to hear from most 70 year olds.
And even though 80 years is supposedly in my age range....no.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/24/2019 7:21:28 AM

Or, just write off this whole mess called dating, and go mow your grass.

LOL, now that was funny! So true, but funny.
 Tru_Blue
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 8:27:42 AM

Sadly, age is more than a number the older you get.
I'm headed towards 67 in a few months, and I don't want to hear from most 70 year olds.

Agree...and so true.

I have heard very few men that want to date a year older than themselves...especially on line.
Yet, they expect women should.

You could always add her as a favorite....she could check you out, if she views you as a possibility and make first contact.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 8:35:34 AM
Age is just a number is true if there is attraction but OP some women are just not happy with the dating pool available in their area that it makes sense to block some. In real life most don't reject at first site based on age. They do based on physical attraction. OLD will always have preference ranges that become mandatory.

"Plenty will despise the player, yet date the jerk, and get bent out of shape because they couldn't reform said jerk."

^^^^^
PLAYER ALERT! alert!

We have a 53 year old local woman and she has her age restrictions set to 32 and 53.

You UK people have another dilemma. Many Brits are flocking to date Southern Europeans(Greeks,Italians, etc). I know because they are hitting on me! LOL
Having an age restriction is an advantage of OLD. OLD is microeconomics at work.
 spectravision
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 8:44:45 AM

When I'm 70 I'm at the cat houses with the 30 year olds living the dream. Thats if i have to whack the crap out of it to get some blood flow

You could always add her as a favorite....she could check you out, if she views you as a possibility and make first contact.

I have done this with a lass that has her age range set at 30 to 40 and she is 36, so I guess she is going 5 years either side. If she doesn't get back. I won't lose any sleep for sure.

You UK people have another dilemma. Many Brits are flocking to date Southern Europeans(Greeks,Italians, etc). I know because they are hitting on me! LOL
Having an age restriction is an advantage of OLD. OLD is microeconomics at work.

Plenty of Europeans over here. I messaged one last night. Polish lass.

I did see a woman from Poland for short time back in 2014. She was a loopy lou. Head well in the clouds. She would be sat there and go mmm and look up into a daydream lmao. It was kind of adorable.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:01:36 AM

When I'm 70 I'm at the cat houses with the 30 year olds living the dream. Thats if i have to whack the crap out of it to get some blood flow

Yeah...I think perspective changes when you get older. Except...there you are...an old poot still looking for a 30 year old.
 spectravision
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:07:28 AM
^^ I'll probably be in a care home and they'll just give me a mop to cuddle as I won't know any different :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:22:50 AM

Plenty of Europeans over here. I messaged one last night. Polish lass

I did see a woman from Poland for short time back in 2014. She was a loopy lou. Head well in the clouds. She would be sat there and go mmm and look up into a daydream lmao. It was kind of adorable..

I would hope so as you are in Europe lol.
I was making point to the flocks of Northern Euro's that head south for weather, adventure, and romance. There is a subset of American women heading to Jamaica for similar.
Actually, Polish gals and other Eastern Euro's are a good choice for older men because culturally they want an older male. In fact most won't date a guy younger than themselves and many want a bunch a years as a gap.
 spectravision
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 9:38:33 AM

]I would hope so as you are in Europe lol.I was making point to the flocks of Northern Euro's that head south for weather, adventure, and romance. There is a subset of American women heading to Jamaica for similar.

It's a weird one as we don't tend to relate as being European even though been invaded by Euro's multiple times. There I go again saying Euro's. I think women see Rome as romantic.

Actually, Polish gals and other Eastern Euro's are a good choice for older men because culturally they want an older male. In fact most won't date a guy younger than themselves and many want a bunch a years as a gap.

They know where I am :) Polish, Russian, come Czech me out :P
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 11:27:47 AM

Did anyone ever find the perfect woman on the profiles?

No, just some who APPEARED to be the perfect woman at first, but in the end just turned out to be another disappointment.

she doesn't accept messages from anyone 60 or older. I'm 60. Damn girl, you're 56.

Yes, I have seen some of those.
I take comfort in the fact that as soon as they reach that fairly close number THEY think is too old for them, and that they themselves will soon reach, someone will call them old and reject them. Wish I could be there.

or they have lousy sales resistance. Probably the latter,

Definitely the latter.
That's what gives rise to those "What was I thinking?" comments.
You weren't thinking.
That was the problem.

Most people do their level best to make the process way more difficult than it should be.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 12:05:04 PM
You've probably already heard this, but men do the same. When I was 53 I was contacted by a 55 yr old man. I do check profiles and saw that his cut off age was 50. I politely declined stating I was too old for his preference.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 12:24:47 PM
^^^It seems that it's the older men that complain about not being able to get younger, while most of them, when they were young,
didn't want older women. Actually, come to think on it, do men ever want a woman older than them? They surely expect younger women to be interested in them.

Thinking and things change when you get older. I never really noticed ages...but I do now.
I also do the same, if I'm out of someone's age range because I'm too old, I'm not interested either.

Right now I have a 29 year old who is posing as a 58 year old in my inbox thinking "we should do something together."

ontheotherhand
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 12:56:32 PM
^^^ I know. Got hit on by a 36 yr old before I forgot to hide my profile. Lied up about his age too claiming to prefer older women. I may be old and fat, but I'll never be "grateful".

Posted: 4/24/2019 3:04:23 PM

when they were young,
didn't want older women. Actually, come to think on it, do men ever want a woman older than them? They surely expect younger women to be interested in them.

I've dated many women older than I am. Back in my school days, I was all about the teachers and girls several grades higher than I was.

I get approached every once in a while by late 20 and 30-somethings in the local music scene, and once they open their mouths, I begin to feel the obvious generation gap. I have no desire whatsoever to feel like any woman's "Daddy". F*ck that.
 BBEisBack
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:44:01 PM
I expanded my search parameters after viewing a ladies profile that was 7 years older than I.
There was enough in her pictures, that I didn't question her age.
She just looked like someone blessed with good genes and had taken care of herself.
My email filters are wide open. It's not like I'm overwhelmed by the number I receive.
Every weekend the spammers show up, but their profiles are obvious.
Most I just delete, though some I play with, if I want a laugh.

ETA: He/She couldn't be the prefect one. If they were, they wouldn't have you blocked.
ETA2: It can be interesting to find someones profile here and on OK C, and see the difference.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:58:10 PM

After 50 it's just a number!

That's what I used to say about my income, it's just a number.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 5:17:55 PM
It's really just supply and demand.

If anyone, man or woman, finds there is a lot of demand for dates, they will arbitrarily restrict their profile just to cut down on msgs.

And if a person isn't all that interested in dating even if they have an online profile., they will get more picky or restrictive because they really aren't all that interested in dating.

have heard very few men that want to date a year older than themselves...especially on line.
Yet, they expect women should.
]

My first wife was 7 years older than me, my second wife is 22 years younger. My first 5 year long GF was 3 inches taller than me, my second wife is 4 inches shorter.

I think I am not very predictable.
 CBGB77
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2019 9:38:08 AM
Anyone watch "Better Things" on FX(Pam Adlon's comedy series). Last night's opening scene was priceless:

"The episode opens with Sam at the Friar’s Club, where Durham (Griffin Dunne), the son of Murray Fox‘s old comedy partner, introduces an illustration of Murray that will receive an honored place on the club’s wall. (Murray’s ghost is, of course, there to receive a high-five from his daughter on her way out the door.) Durham wonders if his mom ever slept with Murray, which Sam doubts, if only because her dad was so scared of Phil’s wrath. More pertinent to the rest of the story, though, is what happens after Durham’s much younger girlfriend Ruth shows up. Sam is, as you’d expect, both annoyed and amused by this girl’s presence, and even more after Durham insists that he wasn’t looking to date someone in that age bracket."
 spot4username
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Perfection is overrated.
Posted: 4/26/2019 1:14:17 PM

After 50 it's just a number!

That is your opinion and you are more than welcome to it. It's just that though - your opinion.
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Perfection is overrated.
Posted: 4/26/2019 8:46:56 PM
OP...You've been filtered out, not blocked. There is a difference.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Find the perfect woman and she's blocked 60 and over!