Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Rescue from the "Conversation Drawer"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SpaceSquirrel
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Rescue from the "Conversation Drawer"Page 1 of 1    
"Congratulations! You've reached a Conversation milestone. Conversations are message with users you've continually engaged and built a connection with. As you get into more Conversations, they will automatically appear in the Conversations Drawer"

I don't "GOT IT!". Not even sure quite what/where this "Drawer" is. When I hit the down arrow near the top of the messages screen on the Android App it says "All Caught Up!". If I hit "CHECK YOUR MESSAGES", it goes to my inbox, but the profile I was in 'Conversation' with no longer appears in my Inbox. I wanted to re-read the thread of messages that was apparently promoted to 'Conversation Status'.

To do so on the App I apparently have to go to the person's profile (perhaps from my "sent messages" tab where I can read messages I sent 1 at a time) and click on "Send Message".

Similarly, to do so on the website, I went to "Contact History", but there is no obvious way to READ existing messages. Once again, the non-intuitive "Send Message" choice was required.

Is it worth trying to make this into a slightly more coherent "Suggestion" to send somewhere official-ish?

Keeping 1 link for each 'Conversation' in the Inbox doesn't seem like it should be too hard. An alternative would be to allow people to disable the "Conversation Drawer". If I want to 'continually engage' with someone, I feel I should be able to keep them in my Inbox rather than relegating them to a hidden Drawer that is apparently not always accessible to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Rescue from the "Conversation Drawer"