Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Women... what do you REALLY want?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spidersarescary
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Women... what do you REALLY want?!Page 1 of 1    
See it every day... "I just want a decent honest man to make me laugh. Sick of being messed around by players. Are there any nice men left?" etc etc.

Ok, so here's a decent man. I think I'm ok looking, certainly very reliable, own a house next to the sea, very nice car, very good job, no debt whatsoever, six-figure sum in the bank, don't smoke, don't gamble, never been unfaithful and have a massive personality that will rival all of the dimwits wandering these pages.

Oh.. and I can spell properly, am polite, considerate and don't use bad language and I'm pretty certain I produced an entertaining profile with amusing pictures for points of discussion.

I think I'm a darn good catch!

But perhaps maybe not as it seems despite all my qualities, it's either not enough or women are just full of rubbish?!

If I'm lucky, I get one message per week. And that's usually from someone 100 miles away! Yes I message others. But never get a reply. Hmmm.

I appreciate the ratio of men to women is likely disproportionate but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=232407756
 FFS38
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Women... what do you REALLY want?!
Posted: 5/7/2019 1:21:01 AM

See it every day... "I just want a decent honest man to make me laugh. Sick of being messed around by players. Are there any nice men left?" etc etc.

Ok, so here's a decent man. I think I'm ok looking, certainly very reliable, own a house next to the sea, very nice car, very good job, no debt whatsoever, six-figure sum in the bank, don't smoke, don't gamble, never been unfaithful and have a massive personality that will rival all of the dimwits wandering these pages.

Oh.. and I can spell properly, am polite, considerate and don't use bad language and I'm pretty certain I produced an entertaining profile with amusing pictures for points of discussion.

I think I'm a darn good catch!

But perhaps maybe not as it seems despite all my qualities, it's either not enough or women are just full of rubbish?!

If I'm lucky, I get one message per week. And that's usually from someone 100 miles away! Yes I message others. But never get a reply. Hmmm.

I appreciate the ratio of men to women is likely disproportionate but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing wrong.

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=232407756

Personally I can't see anything wrong with your profile, it reads almost like a perfect cv with all the right qualifications for the post applied for. You neglected to add you are also full of confidence, but that is given away by how you describe yourself, another quality women look for.
But such is life, and we know it's not as straightforward as that.
How many times do we see in our everyday lives a below average looking guy (without a fantastic job) with a fine looking woman, and vice versa.
Sounds like you have the keys to the lamborghini, you just gotta go find the lamborghini.
 Strider886
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2019 5:04:49 AM
Simple, what women say they want, isn't what they end up going for.

They come to sites like this intending to find someone "different", but they end up going for what is familiar.
Truth is people on the whole are suspicious of and don't trust "different".
 woz1968
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 7:14:23 AM
What a woman wants changes according to her ovulation cycle, what she had for dinner last night, what her best mate bought in the sale she couldn’t get to and what her ex husband once called her on holiday in 1993.
 Aggers
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 4:10:22 PM
The way I feel at the moment with this site, a hypothetical, collective, boot up their arse would be appropriate!

Sorry Roxy or any other ladies I know from here, as you know I am not that sort of guy, but I do say it as it is from time-to-time.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Women... what do you REALLY want?!