Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Favorite Profile Fails -- Don't Do This      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CaptJackZodiac
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Favorite Profile Fails -- Don't Do ThisPage 1 of 1    
Without naming anyone here's a few of my favorite unfinished profiles I've come across. These meager entries are the ONLY info contained in these profiles.

- I'll fill this out later.
- Beach!
- Want a husband.
- I like to do fun things!
- White only!
- I hate filling these out.
- There's no one like me!
- I'm an open book.
- I HATE liars and cheats!!!
- I'm shy.
- I'm for real.
- !!
- Ask.

And my favorite one of all...

- N/A

Profiles like these make me laugh. They may as well just say "meh, **** this."

You're not trying.

CJZ[
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Favorite Profile Fails -- Don't Do This
Posted: 5/8/2019 4:41:34 AM
I had a great laugh. Sadly, though, this is true.

On my profile on another platform I strictly stated no republicans/trump supporters/anti-vaccination proponents. It brought a lot of attention, sometimes not favorable. Oh, well.

If somebody wants a "white !!," it's their prerogative. If they're pretty enough, they'll get money and laid, anyway.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/8/2019 7:16:30 AM
Profiles are personal advertisements.
People can put whatever they want on it.
If you don't like it, pass them on by...you wouldn't like them
anyways.

Not sure why people have to tell other people (who they're not
interested in) how to write their profile.

Unless of course, they ask you for your advice.
Most people don't appreciate unsolicited advice or criticism.
 grover14
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2019 8:50:41 AM
Good one CaptnJack! I'm surprised you missed "no bald guys". Fortunately we get alot of support from pretty women on this forum!
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2019 10:38:24 AM
Here is a response:
Also :

IF YOU ARE TALLER THAN 5’3 THEN PLEASE HIT THE BACK BUTTON NOW !! I like my women on the petite side. Sorry if I sound like a douche, but that’s just how I feel.

With that said, I am looking for a woman. NOT a girl, but a woman. I want a woman who talks like a woman (not a man).

Oh yes, and you MUST have a tattoo on your lower back. That is a turn on for me. If you do NOT have a tattoo on your lower back, then you are NOT date-able.

Also.. IF YOU ARE OVER 30, I WILL DELETE YOUR MESSAGE. I WILL NOT DATE A GIRL WHO IS THAT OLD.

Also, I only date women who are fit. You must work out and have at least a set of “C’s”. Anything less and you will be deleted from my inbox. Sorry if I sound like a **stard, but I know what I want.

Also, if you wear pants, I will NOT date you. You must wear a skirt. Wearing pants is ghetto, and I do not date ghetto.

Oh, and I don’t like girls who watch soap operas, chick flicks, and Sex in the city. If you do, or have, we will NOT get along.

You MUST be able to make me laugh! If you can't then you = Boo hoo!
Posted: 5/8/2019 4:09:32 PM
As I've mentioned countless times, lengthy profiles are close to non-existent, in my area at least. I also try not to judge too much based on what's written in a profile, because for the most part, it gives you no idea what a face to face experience might be like.

Having said that, it might be a good idea to prepare for the worst from a woman whose profile states "I get bored easily" or "think you can keep up with me??" In my experience, these have been hyperactive spazoids who want to drag your ass on 12 hour excursions and every outing has to be something NEW.

F*ck. That. Shit.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2019 6:52:58 AM
^^^^
If they have photo's of being on "zip lines", I push the back button because they are un dateable.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 5:34:06 AM
A trend I have noticed is men's profile in which the heading is "No"

With the quotes there, as well. WTH? I thought maybe this stood for something that I'm not aware of, so I checked the Urban Dictionary, nothing there about it. So what is up with profiles that say "no"?
The rest of these profiles are usually blank, or say "ask..open book...will fill out later...don't like talking about myself.
 Forums_only
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/11/2019 10:53:35 PM
"Looking for Friends"

No.

This is a dating site. You should already have friends. Date them.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Favorite Profile Fails -- Don't Do This