Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I'm trash, who would date me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lazman102
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I'm trash, who would date me?Page 1 of 1    
I don't mean for this to be another "woe is me" post. I am actually curious. I would like women that 'would' date me based on my profile, to just let me know here. I'm not going to message you, or point you out on this thread, or even look at your profile, I don't even care if you're already taken. Just please be honest, no pity votes or w.e. The thing is, every time I go over women on this site (or any other), I just see so many women that are good looking, even the average ones, and what goes through my mind is "She wouldn't.. she wouldn't.. not likely... maybe...eh.. probably not.." I just see them looking down on me.
I'm not like most people in the way I think, but I'm not a bad person.. I've only ever hit one person in my life, and he really deserved it and I still felt bad. Not gonna lie though, with all I've been through, I'm no angel either.

Anyways, this is mostly just a statistic thing, I don't want to hear about how people wouldn't date me because of the rants I've put up in other threads. I mostly want to know if I should really be bothering at all or if I'm just setting myself up for more emotional pain by doing so.
 FFS38
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I'm trash, who would date me?
Posted: 5/10/2019 2:15:40 AM
Hey you've stolen my current headline 🤧
 lazman102
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2019 4:55:35 PM
Why do I get the feeling, that you as a straight guy, would be more likely to date me than any of the women on this site >,<
 PennyAnte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2019 6:39:21 PM
Get off the pity pot. Stop looking for sympathy. No one will date you because women like a man who exudes confidence.

You should not be "bothering" now. Seek help with your issues of low self esteem. Your post is pathetic and I think you believe
that there is some pay off in being pathetic. Let me assure you there is not. Your self doubt is crippling you. Get over yourself.

Find a therapist that can help you figure out why you think so little of yourself. There is nothing wrong with you except for what
you have convinced yourself is wrong with you. Get help and find the ways you can love yourself. This may be trite but it is true...
you can not love anyone unless you love yourself first.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 4:37:53 AM
Well, I tried to view your profile, and am only able to see the pics, and the interest bubbles. I cannot view the actual body of your profile. That's been the case most of the time lately, when I click on a profile link from the forums. Don't know why.

What I'm wondering, though, is why are you holding your mouth in the same odd way in all your pics?
I can tell you that I would not reject you based on your pics or interest bubble content.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 5:21:23 AM
Well I wouldn't date you which is easy to say since neither of us is gay. I don't do profile reviews but what the hell. Your first three sentences need to be changed. To me it appears you're putting down women. As for the rest, rewrite the whole thing because it's all negative.

I mostly want to know if I should really be bothering at all or if I'm just setting myself up for more emotional pain by doing so.

Well I'm going to guess you haven't dated many women. Yes you can give up because you live in Buttfuck, B.C. There's maybe 30,000 people living within 30 minutes of you and most of them you'd never meet because you don't have a car. Your dating pool is wickedly small, Get over this emotional pain thing. It's not going to kill you if a relationship doesn't work out

I'm curious, why don't you have a car?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 6:21:35 AM
msg#5:
Well, I tried to view your profile, and am only able to see the pics, and the interest bubbles. I cannot view the actual body of your profile. That's been the case most of the time lately, when I click on a profile link from the forums. Don't know why.

You need to be logged into the dating side of POF now to see the complete profile.
Just an FYI
 FFS38
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 3:05:51 PM
Msg #6

Well I wouldn't date you which is easy to say since neither of us is gay.

But how do you know that? He could be bisexual.
 lazman102
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 5:59:02 PM

Get off the pity pot. Stop looking for sympathy

Well, the first thing I said in the thread is that this isn't meant to be another "woe is me" post. I'm not looking for sympathy, nor do I want it. I just want to see things from the other side of the looking glass. I have never had a girlfriend in my life. I have nothing to gauge anything by, beyond my own sad history. People in Canada are so "nice" that they refuse to offer constructive criticism, so that I may better myself. Beyond that, I just don't know if my looks are just so objectively bad that most women just plain won't date me. Case in point..

What I'm wondering, though, is why are you holding your mouth in the same odd way in all your pics?

It's a physical flaw, the one side curves down.. I had a cleft pallet when I was born; it's prob somethin to do with that.

Find a therapist that can help you figure out why you think so little of yourself.

I've grown up around one form of therapy or another my entire childhood. I've also done a ton of objective self analysis. The missing piece that no therapist(no matter how expensive or wise) could give me is the objective standard, or the point of view of other people in general. A therapist will never give you the objective hard truth any more than your friends or family will. I know that my personality as it sits is nowhere near perfect; let's call it complete crap for the sake of argument. But I've got the rest of my life to work on refining it. But if most women won't give me the time of day in the first place because of how I look or sound (mild hyper nasal resonance -google it if u don't understand), then why waste years conditioning myself to that end?

Your first three sentences need to be changed. To me it appears you're putting down women. As for the rest, rewrite the whole thing because it's all negative.

Well, If I were bi, I'd not have implied it towards a gender. With that said, how is it putting down women? I wanted my profile to be unique but did not intend it to be off-putting. I don't just want another "I like long walks, I love dogs, my family means everything", blah blah, copy/paste profile. I also want to put in what I am looking for, but without coming off judgmental. There's some women that I just plain wouldn't get along with or that would instantly conflict with me due to my political beliefs, or she has zero interest in pop culture, or is one of those types that literally only watches YouTube.
Idk, I don't think I'm any pickier than anyone else, I just like to be upfront about it so we're not both wasting time on fruitless endeavors.
I tend to over-explain myself, but that doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions.

It can be argued that my self therapy hasn't done much to help my situation(obviously), however, I know what a therapist would tell me. "get out more" "join social clubs" talk to people" .etc. The fact is, I've come to the conclusion, that without some major emotional support from someone in my life that isn't obligated to be there; trying to reverse a lifetime worth of thought and self perception, could send me off the deep end. I know you say that I should fix myself before trying to be with anyone else, and you're not wrong in that, but in my particular case, it isn't going to be that easy. Sure I can tell myself that I have value and have confidence in myself to that end, but to tell myself that others value me, when it's clear that no one does, my mind is far too logic-based for that, and if I give up on logic then the internal reality within my mind becomes malleable. I tried it the other day, it was a happier day for sure but then, I started questioning.. everything.. That's when I knew it was time to take a step back from that approach. Great, now I sound like a headcase, lol... I'm hardly dangerous, I just know my own limitations is all.

Well I'm going to guess you haven't dated many women. Yes you can give up because you live in Butt****, B.C. There's maybe 30,000 people living within 30 minutes of you and most of them you'd never meet because you don't have a car. Your dating pool is wickedly small

Fair enough, idk why I didn't put in a bigger effort when I lived in cities.. My timing when it comes to important things, is kinda shit; which incidentally also explains why I don't have a car/full car license. Well, I do technically have an SUV but it's got idle issues, so I can't use it for the road test and don't have the finances or resources to get another car for the test, nvm one to practice in long enough to actually pass the test. My friend was gonna help me with that but his boss is gonna be working him to the bone all summer and gas prices went up so high that he don't wanna do anything with his vehicle now..

Well, I did put "I am seeking a: Woman" on my dating profile :P tbh, I've tried the other way, didn't really care for it too much. I'm open minded and all but generally speaking, would prefer a female.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 6:06:16 PM

ROFL

Great, you had to bring logic into this
 spectravision
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 6:32:46 PM
Lazman, Just be thankful you don't look like Winston Churchill chewing a Wasp..

Oh, You could be a hell of a lot worse off..

A little bit of bullsh1tting the confidence as in fake it to you make it. Oh and nothing wrong with being Lonely. I know you said you've never had a relationship but i will say this. I'd rather be lonely than settle for most of the dregs from this site. Lonely fades and you get on with stuff like hobbies. Bad decisions bite you on the ass and can stay with you for decades.

Careful where you stick it ;)
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2019 11:17:35 PM

You need to be logged into the dating side of POF now to see the complete profile.
Just an FYI

Sometimes, it happened even when I am logged in.

OP, can you post some pics smiling?
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2019 4:02:31 AM
Get off the pity pot. Stop looking for sympathy.

And you base this on what? He's sharing his story it isn't pretty and looking for advice. Damn you have all the compassion of that bitch motowncowgirl.

With that said, how is it putting down women?

I didn't say that. Well I did and I didn't. I have a problem getting things from my brain to a post. I said it but it wasn't what I meant. I meant to say in those three sentences is you're demanding that a woman be a certain way then in the third sentence state "I'm not controlling. Sounds like it to me.

I also want to put in what I am looking for, but without coming off judgmental.

Well this pretty much judgmental, "Our government, our economy and our society are imperfect and could use change in a big way. If you do not know or accept that then there is a lesser chance that we will get along." Sounds to me like you hate a lot of things and well plain negative. How would a woman see it?

I just like to be upfront about it so we're not both wasting time on fruitless endeavors.

You don't have a hope in hell of meeting someone who is your twin. Fruitless endeavors? Do you mean you'd rather stay home alone rather than spend time with a woman because you deem her incompatible? Unless you get to really know someone you'll never discover if your criteria are to strict in some areas. As for upfront, it means honesty and honestly your profile is negative. All this just to say that. I wonder if you see trudeau the same way i do.

I know you say that I should fix myself before trying to be with anyone else, and you're not wrong in that, but in my particular case, it isn't going to be that easy.

Are you autistic? What if you can't fix yourself with or without help? That nasal condition would be a problem.

No car pretty much cuts down your prospects to damn near nothing but envirofreaks who ride bicycles. Let me guess, you're an envirofreak. Have you never had a license?

Well i babbled long enough and hopefully it's??? Sensible
 lazman102
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2019 3:49:30 PM

OP, can you post some pics smiling?

Ok, I already stated that it is a physical flaw in my face, you're almost coming off insulting at this point. I could put in the effort to draw that side up and "smile" but I'd end up looking like the Joker (IE, exaggerated smile).

Lonely fades and you get on with stuff like hobbies.

Yea, been there and done that. But even in the solitude of my apartment, the media and society finds ways to shove it in my face. There's literally almost not a single adult(or even some kid) show that I can watch without random (usually pointless and only there for filler) kiss/hump scenes. You're running from gunfire, people are literally shooting life-ending bullets at your heads, why in the F#@^ are you kissing... FFS...

It doesn't help that I'm not even able to get a decent friend in my life. There's two types of friends that I've had. A: The toxic type that breaks your spirit, takes your money, then pisses off. B: The good type that'd be there for you every spare second they have available; that ends up getting a girlfriend(succubus) that leeches away every spare moment of their free time, leaving me to rot alone in my apartment and ponder things that I wish I wouldn't (like, the topic of this thread).

I meant to say in those three sentences is you're demanding that a woman be a certain way then in the third sentence state "I'm not controlling. Sounds like it to me.

Why does saying what I want in a life partner, come off as demanding? It's on a dating profile, it's not like I'm going up to random girls and being like "You have to be this way, now!"
And the exact quote from my profile is "That isn't because I'm controlling but if we can't talk then there's no point in having a relationship."
Now I have to ask, seriously, because I've run into this mentality far too often lately. Do people not have the patience to read the entire message, think about it's contents objectively and draw logical conclusions? Seriously.. This isn't just you, I've gotten this from several other people just in the past weeks. I stated that I'm not controlling, then stated a reasoning as to why, in the prior parts of the profile I may have come across as controlling. It's like people only read what they want to hear. They read "I want this, I want that" and go "he's demanding" without considering why I wrote those things in the first place. Maybe I'm just decisive and pragmatic, and want to create a profile that filters out the type of women that I would never succeed with; in an effort to maximize efficiency, and have the highest possible success rate should a potential prospect come along. I, however cannot deny the logic, that the approach I'm using is obviously failing.

Sounds to me like you hate a lot of things and well plain negative. How would a woman see it?

I hate certain things, yes. I hate being controlled, which is exactly what the government does (in it's own passive way), but that's a whole other topic in itself. I just had a falling out with my favorite aunt because of a political clash on Facebook. If a difference in political beliefs can break up established family, then what chance would I have with some random girl that has opposing beliefs?

That whole "opposites attract" thing is a myth imho. Sure two people that have opposing beliefs, likes, dislikes .etc, can get together, even live together, but they will never have a true, non-sex based relationship in the way that two people with beliefs that coincide would have.
I'm not looking for my "twin", I just want a girl with enough in common that our agreements will outwiegh our disagreements. As controlling as I may seem, I'm actually very submissive in real life and I don't want to end up in a life where I lose all sense of individuality for the sake of not being alone. If a girl couldn't meet the standards set in my profile, I'd at least want to be able to see logic and ration in each other's arguments and have the ability to change the way she thinks if logic is found in the opposing train of thought. I've already stated that I have a logic-based mind, so it's not a thing of control, it's a thing of balance and flexibility.

I wonder if you see trudeau the same way i do

After he set free a national terrorist and handed him 10.5mil of taxpayer money, I'm fairly certain anyone that's not a die hard Canadian extremist, feels around the same about that guy.

Are you autistic? What if you can't fix yourself with or without help?

Well, assuming that was a real question and not an insult; I know myself pretty well (I've assessed myself for 38 years). My general level of competency and overall mood in general goes up significantly if I have someone in my life (that isn't obligated to - EI: family, social workers, therapists) actively show that they care about me, like I matter, and treat me like a normal person and not just some charity case. Which brings me to your first question; no, I don't believe so. I do have 'severe' ADHD and I've been coming to the conclusion recently (after meeting someone with FASD), that I may have some issues based on the fact that my mother smoked weed when she was pregnant with me. The articles state that the effects can be close to that of FASD, but give no further information or diagnosis to the symptoms.
I have been on the fence between normal and.. not.. my entire life. That has made it difficult to fit in with any particular group.

That nasal condition would be a problem.

I'm not like, retarded or anything.. But my nassaly sounding speech, mixed with the fact that I process things differently from most people, I guess I might as well be, to anyone unwilling to give me the chance to prove otherwise..
It doesn't help that I've had very few friends in my life and spend much more time alone than not. With that said, things that people take for granted, social skills/norms, are things that I still have to learn instead of being naturally adept in them from a young age (like most people).
That is why I need someone that cares enough about me to either join me in my solitude, or take me out there and teach me the ways of the world (or at the very least, be by my side and not passively judge me based on my flaws).

Having said all that, I think it should be bleedingly obvious by now why I'm depressed, and why it's not an easy fix like a periodic sit in a therapist chair/couch, or throwing myself into social situations that I'm fundamentally incompatible for.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2019 6:20:42 PM

Well, assuming that was a real question and not an insult;

I didn't come here for that. I came here to talk with you. I'm going to quote mainly single sentences since explaining myself hasn't worked so far.

Why does saying what I want in a life partner, come off as demanding?

Ok it's obvious i still suck at explaining myself.

Now I have to ask, seriously, because I've run into this mentality far too often lately.

What kind of mentality are you assigning to me because i'm curious as hell?

Do people not have the patience to read the entire message, think about it's contents objectively and draw logical conclusions?
No. It's a disposable society and on the internet people are easier to dispose of. I can't imagine many people anylyse a profile the way you describe. More of a passing look.

I just had a falling out with my favorite aunt because of a political clash on Facebook.

Was the clash one sided? You're Canadian, what about our politics would cause this?

That whole "opposites attract" thing is a myth imho.

No it isn't. The percentage of people like that would barely be measurable. Any type of relationship is possible.

Sure two people that have opposing beliefs, likes, dislikes .etc, can get together, even live together, but they will never have a true, non-sex based relationship in the way that two people with beliefs that coincide would have.

Ok I'm confused, why are you talking non=sex based relationships?

As controlling as I may seem

A misunderstanding due to my righting. I don't think you're controlling.

After he set free a national terrorist and handed him 10.5mil of taxpayer money,

So your like me then. When someone mentions his name the first word I think of is asshole lol

It doesn't help that I've had very few friends in my life and spend much more time alone than not.

I don't think your retarded lol I found a video of a young girl who has an extreme case of your nasal condition. I needed to know what you meant. Are you running out of things to do with your time when alone? Do you consider yourself lonely? Do you think you have diagnose-able depression? Sorry I have to stop for now. I'll try to write more expansively next time.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2019 11:45:05 PM

Ok, I already stated that it is a physical flaw in my face, you're almost coming off insulting at this point. I could put in the effort to draw that side up and "smile" but I'd end up looking like the Joker (IE, exaggerated smile).

I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.
 FFS38
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 3:28:43 AM
Op, having viewed your profile have you considered changing your main pic to one of the other bandana pics?
In my (humble) opinion these are far better and your main one looks almost like a different person to the others. The one outside with the trees in the background would be better if you were more central in the pic.
Oh and I would get rid of the word lonely even though you may feel that way, it's best avoided.
 lazman102
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 3:35:55 PM

I'm sorry if I offended you. That was not my intention.

Well, maybe you just hadn't read my previous post before replying. I was born with a cleft pallet and the mouth thing is more than likely a side effect of that.

Op, having viewed your profile have you considered changing your main pic to one of the other bandana pics?
In my (humble) opinion these are far better and your main one looks almost like a different person to the others. The one outside with the trees in the background would be better if you were more central in the pic.
Oh and I would get rid of the word lonely even though you may feel that way, it's best avoided.

Don't like my hat? I paid over 150$ for that hat (back when I had money).
I thought the hat looked a little higher class than the bandannas. But swapping the pics around couldn't hurt I suppose. Ya, logic isn't abundant in our society (apparently). Showing any kind of vulnerability means you're 'desperate', not human, just desperate. Not disputing your point; just sayin that in a world with less blind ignorance, it wouldn't be an issue.

What kind of mentality are you assigning to me because i'm curious as hell?

Well, the mentality in the sentence below the one in which you asked that. But perhaps I misread, and you were merely informing me that other people may interpret my profile in those ways, and that you yourself have a deeper understanding than that.

No. It's a disposable society and on the internet people are easier to dispose of. I can't imagine many people anylyse a profile the way you describe. More of a passing look.

Good answer. In full disclosure, the ignorance displayed by so many people, truly astounds me sometimes.. I mean, I'm the one that's (quite likely, not diagnosed) developmentally disabled, and yet it often feels like I understand the most basic things far better than half the braindead, auto-pilot, mongoloids walking this planet.. That's not to say that I'm always right, but at least I have the capacity to analyze the possibility that I could be wrong. So many people will fight tooth and nail for things that are never that black and white, like religion or politics. I get that people need something to believe in, but why not something that promises them more than just death and taxes out of life..

Was the clash one sided? You're Canadian, what about our politics would cause this?

well, people(especially in Canada) like to walk around, blind to the reality of the government greed. Trudoh may be a complete moron but only in the fact that he's 'in your face' obvious about how much he's screwing us. Honestly, he's probably pissing off as many politicians as he is, us regular folk. He's shining a light on the corruption in the government. CEO's getting 200 million dollar un-taxed bonuses while the people working at the bottom of their company suffer from paycheck to paycheck. Our country is ruled by capitalism. It may not be as bad as the US, but that doesn't mean that it should be ignored.. We don't live in the US, we live here. Why should we on the low end, accept that we're born into lives of servitude in which many of us won't get out of until death. The biggest argument against that has to be the politicians favorite.. "if you want to do better, get a student loan and get a better job; work harder!" Get real, who wants to work at burger king. If everyone took that advice, there'd be no one left to serve those that are relatively rich and society would fall apart.
Yea, I'm actually gonna cut myself off there. I could literally write a book about the thousand different kinds of ****ed up that our country's leadership is, and another on how it could be solved.

No it isn't. The percentage of people like that would barely be measurable. Any type of relationship is possible.

You misunderstand me. If a relationship is simply defined as two people getting/living together and tolerating the presence of one another, with some occasional sex to make the relationship 'official', then yes, there's plenty of those. That's not love, THAT is what I would refer to as desperation. Yes, the kissing happens, being in the same room happens, events happen and fond memories form from having history with the person, and a certain addiction forms for the presence of that person, as it is favorable to being alone.
Also, that is what I meant by 'sex-based relationship'. Also, those relationships are often formed between two people that are of at least an average level of objectively attractive. It's like those Hollywood relationships where 2 people bump into each other, smile at one another and in the next scene, they're ****in.. Some real 'love at first sight.' stuff there..

Lol... With all that said, I think I'm actually, effectively, less desperate than a lot of the people on this site, pretending not to be. Granted, that my package deal of flaws, doesn't put me in the best position to be the least bit picky; if all I wanted outta life was sex and to be close to someone, I woulda started renting hookers wholesale, a long time ago. But on the flip side, having the deluxe package edition of flaws, plus having nothing in common with her would drastically decrease my chances from the get-go (in most situations outside of Tinder).

Are you running out of things to do with your time when alone? Do you consider yourself lonely? Do you think you have diagnose-able depression?

Plenty of things to do alone, also plenty of things to remind me that I'm alone in doing those things. Example, I'm watching a show/movie and something awesome/funny happens, I'm like "**** ya! that was awesome/hillarious, don't you thin...yea.. that's right, I'm alone..again..". And of course that's in addition to the kissing/sex scenes in all the shows/movies, as well as the endless stream of boobs shoved in your face while trying to browse the internet (even with ad blockers..).

D0 I consider myself lonely, does a bear shit in the woods? Lol..

Depression was never in question, I've got medication that helps with that, but the constant reminders that life gives me that I'm broke, broken, pathetic, and alone, kinda makes it difficult for that to work as well as they should.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2019 8:39:56 PM

I don't mean for this to be another "woe is me" post.

Okay....

... well, that was quick. ;)

The thing is, every time I go over women on this site (or any other), I just see so many women that are good looking, even the average ones, and what goes through my mind is "She wouldn't.. she wouldn't.. not likely... maybe...eh.. probably not.." I just see them looking down on me.

You have a low self-esteem. Problem is, that makes you less of a commodity, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. That said though, maybe you're not such a good catch. Especially when on a dating site where the men outnumber the women by a lot -- and of the men & women online, women are less likely to actually meet up than the guys, too.

Having a lower self-esteem, If fitting, for a period of time, can be a good thing if you keep your wits about you and not get depressed over it. Much like realizing oneself is out of shape. You can use it as motivation for self-improvement. You're not naturally an unattractive guy. But in life to get your ducks in a row and be willing to learn + change your mentality about life and where you're going.

I don't want to hear about how people wouldn't date me because of the rants I've put up in other threads.

But I think said rants reflect your inner emotion, and your expectations, tolerances, etc. That matters when trying to match up with a gal out there. If your living situation + occupation and where you're going in life is adequate compared to other guys in your age bracket & area who compete for the gals you eye out there -- great. It's all in your head then, assuming you're not Only chasing girls out of your league and competing guys' leagues. If you have improvement to make in your living & job situation, shore that up first and take a more chill/casual approach to the dating scene.

And also, realize, POF isn't the most ideal dating place, as far as expectations are concerned. Worth trying out, sure, but you'll get a higher % of denials if the level of gals you're going after are pretty decent.
 lazman102
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 5:18:51 PM
Well, when I said that I didn't mean for it to be a "woe is me" post; I meant that I didn't want the thread to be focused on pity. When I said that I didn't want to hear about my rants in other threads, I meant that I didn't want this thread to be derailed, and the main point to be trashed by people saying things to the equivalent of "I wouldn't date you because I don't agree with your opinion in X thread."

And also, realize, POF isn't the most ideal dating place, as far as expectations are concerned. Worth trying out, sure, but you'll get a higher % of denials if the level of gals you're going after are pretty decent.

I'd rather meet a girl in ways other than dating sites, or at least a dating site that's not mainly upper-middle class stuck up mainstream girls. Seriously... Where's the interesting girls at..? The rebels, the punks, the anti-government types.. Did all of those fade out after the 70's-90's? It seems like almost every girl on this site is going for a similar look and mindset. "Hello, I'm copy/paste Barbie, I love hiking, biking, my dog and I love my family, looking for a guy that's the same [so we can make a copy/paste family with no sense of individuality or critical thinking]."

But to the point, where do you go to meet interesting women? Don't tell me the bar... I don't drink. Frankly even if I did, I wouldn't want to go into some rowdy disgusting environment to pick up some girl that's tanked off her gord just to take her home, pork her then wake up to some spazy chick, regretting her life decisions, the next morning. Not to mention, beer breath, /puke.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 8:55:37 PM
Well I'll start with this.

Well, the mentality in the

Actually I was curious as hell to see what type of mentality you'd assign me. It would have been interesting considering I'm a mental defective.

well, people(especially in Canada) like to walk around, blind to the reality of the government greed.

You're talking about sheep. It's the way we're trained. If your aunt is about my age, there was barely anyone bitching about the government doing anything that wasn't beneficial for the people.

So many people will fight tooth and nail for things that are never that black and white, like religion or politics.

that is why I asked if you were autistic. To me it appears that you see everything black or white with no grey areas.Damn you appear angry when discussing things that bother you like government or people with differing opinions.

I get that people need something to believe in, but why not something that promises them more than just death and taxes out of life..

And they get to choose whatever they want to believe in and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks because their opinion to them is right.

Damn you right well but it's too much information for me to process right now so I'll close with this.

Depression was never in question,

You'd be surprised howm many people suffer from depression but don't recognise it because society never taught us how. What do you do for work and are you happy doing it?

Where's the interesting girls at..? The rebels, the punks, the anti-government types..

Vancouver
 FFS38
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 9:30:17 PM

Depression was never in question

You'd be surprised howm many people suffer from depression but don't recognise it because society never taught us how.

Depression is over rated I think.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2019 1:15:43 AM

Depression is over rated I think.

Can you define overrated?
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I'm trash, who would date me?