Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > textaholics      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
textaholicsPage 1 of 1    
Got chatting to someone and they seemed ok.
So I gave her my mobile number and set off for work in the car.
Then my phone started beeping very couple of minutes.
In the next half hour I got about 25 text messages !
I was then at work so couldn't answer any of the messages.
When I got home I got a chance to look at them and they started off ok, ending up calling me a ****** for not replying.

Why do some people think all we have to do all day is text them ?
I have two jobs neither of which allow texting at work.

I have now stopped giving out my number.

Next thing I get a message asking to talk "off pof".
I said I was happy to chat on land line but wasn't willing to give out my mobile number as I don't want to be inundated with text messages. Next thing is I am blocked !

Am I the only one who wants a bit of peace and quiet and a chance to sleep without the phone going off every two minutes ?
 spectravision
Msg: 2
view profile
History
textaholics
Posted: 5/11/2019 3:24:41 PM
^^ Fk that bleep bleep bleep stuff.

I've been there. It drains me and the thing is if they took a second to think they could put 5 or 6 of the messages in 1 message.

I've spoke on phone to a few girls and it been good convo but the ones that give the mobile number but don't want to voice chat I wide berth rather quick now.

Last woman that gave me here number. I said cool but we can chat on POF. She didn't get mine.

woz1968
Msg: 3
view profile
History
textaholics
Posted: 5/13/2019 7:05:54 AM
Be thankful you glimpsed the psycho before you got involved and she hobbled you with a block of wood and a sledge hammer for your own good.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > textaholics