Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > New Profile/Same stuff      Home login  
 AUTHOR
New Profile/Same stuffPage 1 of 1    
I see people canceling their account, and then re-joining with the same username/profile so they come up new. I notice this as their messages to me in my inbox disappear, you search for them in advanced search and they are not there. Then a while later they view me again, I can see them looking and they appear as a new user. Weird but wondering how this is done?
 ForumLurker
Msg: 2
New Profile/Same stuff
Posted: 5/13/2019 3:29:26 PM
It is quite simple really.

Either they delete their profile or the system/administration deletes it. They create a new profile using the same user name since it is again available. People have been doing that, for various reasons, for years.

It takes a lot for the administrators to block a user name from use.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > New Profile/Same stuff