Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review and rate my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TRIDENT101
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Please review and rate my profilePage 1 of 1    
I'd very much appreciate a review and rate of my profile. There's nothing in there remotely sexual or offensive. I don't send anyone pics of my ----, and I don't send offensive messages. I know I'm not Harrison Ford or Donnie Whalberg, but I don't scare babies or grandmother's.

Thanks
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Please review and rate my profile
Posted: 5/14/2019 8:12:02 AM
Your photos all have a sideways half open eyes look. With no wholehearted smile and no teeth. The kittens are cute, but the photos are fuzzy, and they violate the rules requiring you to be in every photo.

We want a big enough smile to see your teeth, face forward, no sunglasses. And a full body shot. Try again with the kittens, take a photo with you and the kittens together.

Remove your age preference. You aren't getting so many offers that you have to turn some away, right? If a woman is 51 and meets all your other preferences, would you turn her down?

If that guy posts on here that the good old days of online dating are over and women just don't participate like they used to, don't let him discourage you.
 TRIDENT101
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 9:01:28 AM
Thanks for the input. I guess you didn't read the part of my blurb where I said that I couldn't smile because of a fractured jaw I had. I'm by myself so I take the best photos of myself that I can. All of this was probably a big mistake
 spectravision
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 9:35:10 AM
^^ Got to be in it to win it ;)
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 11:08:10 AM

If that guy posts on here that the good old days of online dating are over and women just don't participate like they used to, don't let him discourage you.

She means me, OP.

Even though when she tells HER story of "success" here, her initial behavior was a shining example of the problems you have already encountered; that is, women ignoring your messages.

I can clearly see that you're not Quasimodo's twin brother.

There's nothing in there remotely sexual or offensive. I don't send anyone pics of my ----, and I don't send offensive messages. I know I'm not Harrison Ford or Donnie Whalberg, but I don't scare babies or grandmother's.

Me, either, on all the same counts.
And I have never even had a photo on any kind on a dating site,
And back in the glory days, I got hundreds of messages and requests for photos, based on the profile I had and the messages I sent.

Right now is possibly the worst time ever for most men with online dating.

That's just a cold hard fact. I tell it like it is.

As long as you realize the reality, you can go from there. It's a major crapshoot.

Best of luck.
 TRIDENT101
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 11:30:50 AM
Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated. And good luck to you!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please review and rate my profile