Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Questions to ask to get to know someone.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drpookie
Msg: 3
Questions to ask to get to know someone.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
someone asked me this once....

why did the doctors let you live at birth?

or

Did it hurt getting beat with an ugly stick?

you should ask her....

If she still believes in santa?

If she has terrets?

or if she likes broken sperm stained computer chairs?

good luck
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 7
Questions to ask to get to know someone.
Posted: 8/17/2005 9:27:15 AM
!.. any previous health concerns

2.. what is it that you really care about/can't live without?

3.. what do you mean by "I don't care what you do"

4.. can you define selective hearing? in one sentence!

5.. will your mother be the first one you ask for answers?

6.. Are you a God fearing individual?

7.. Is there something you are not telling me?

8. Can you cope with unexpected events yes or no.

9. would you not change me, break me or make me? yes or no

10.. Are you supportive to family and friends despite the consequences?
 drpookie
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:43:37 PM
^^^^^^If we were at your place watching a movie and I was sitting in you favorite chair where would you be sitting?
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:00:48 PM
Here's the million dollar questions:

What does your friends say about you? How would you describe yourself? WHat's your ideal work? What are the meanings of your life? How do you spend your spare time?

And don't forget to ask why, why, why after he/she gave the answers!!!!!!!!
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:01:54 PM

- Can you afford my lifestyle?
- How will you take care of me when you come home late from work?
- What are the favourite meals you like to cook?
- Do you have any letters of recommendation?
- So why do you want to marry me and why should I pick you?
- Can I trust your motives?

Lol a fellow business person!!
 donb01
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2005 8:47:55 PM
I'm a little on the chunky side.... I had a really drunk person come up to me in the local saloon, AKA meat market one time, and she said "Wow - You must have a really impressive di*k" I asked her why, and her reply was "Well, lookit the awning you built over it!"

I got the last laugh though - I saw her passed out in a corner about 20 minutes later....
 pianopoet
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/17/2005 9:28:44 PM
1. What are some moments in your life that you would consider to be character defining?

2. Tell me about your family. (The way a man treats his mother is the way he'll treat his wife. This is SO SO true. My ex0husband treats his mom like crap, and, well, guess why he's my ex?! LOL)

3. What are you the most curious about?

4. What keeps you awake at night?

5. What are the lessons that you've learn/ what have you learned about yourself/relationships from your past relationships?

6. If you had to choose, which could you live without: TV, the internet, a telephone or friends?
 clmiller
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/11/2008 2:13:35 PM
Wish my x girlfriend would have asked me these questions about 3 years ago.

-Can you afford my lifestyle?
"nope, found out the hard way"

- How will you take care of me when you come home late from work?
"don't matter now huh? I have to take care of myself at night"

- What are the favourite meals you like to cook?
"I'm eating out now"

- Do you have any letters of recommendation?
"yes I do. I recommend other men stay away from this ****"

- So why do you want to marry me and why should I pick you?
"cause I done gave you everything I have. I need shit to live with also"

- Can I trust your motives?
"You can trust this, **** YOU ****"

Pingshooter
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2010 7:56:06 AM

I think you can ask all the questions you want and some people will always give the right answers.

You don't use the 110 page dating application, notarized?

You have to pay attention to question #37, many skip that one.

"Does our parole/probation officer know you are dating?"
 arwen52
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2010 6:29:19 PM
1) What makes you laugh out loud?

2) If you, and only you, had the choice of a superpower, which would you choose and why: Flight or Invisibility?

3) If you were to be canonized a saint, who or what would you be patron of?

I prefer these to the usual questions. They tell me a lot about a person and whether I want to get to know them better.
 GWSmith
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/19/2010 6:53:51 AM
How is a raven like a writing desk?

Though to be serious... I just let things progress naturally and ask questions as they occur to me, sometimes you just fine things out through normal conversation and to me that's the best way to learn about someone, let them volunteer information.

I usually spend weeks talking to someone before I meet them.
 arwen52
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2010 8:11:53 PM

5. What piqued your interest in me?

Oh my God, someone who knows how to spell "piqued"! If you were a guy, I'd be all over you immediately!

Now, on the other side of the coin. I am a very detail oriented person. I can't be bothered with small talk. I want to get down to the the nitty gritty, right away! Sure, I'm an accomplished flirt, but I do get bored with that quite quickly, especially when my interest has been somewhat aroused. Then, I need some serious questions answered. And answered quickly! But, I realize, this isn't part of the attraction process (for most women)!

It takes time to get to know someone. You actually *can't* get down to the nitty gritty immediately. You're probably going to blow it if you try. People need to go through stages and if you try to skip any of them, you end up having to go back to it later.

It took me a long time to master the art of small talk. It *can* be interesting. I don't talk about the weather. I don't ask them the usual questions. If you are paying attention, people will tell you what you want to know about them. Watch them, listen for what interests them, pay attention to how they respond.

I was at a small dance party one night, only 3 guys and 6 girls. (Yeah, the guys were lucky.) I've had the distinct impression one of the guys doesn't like me. Even though we're around each other often, he seems to avoid me. That's okay, I'm not into forcing myself on anyone but in this really small group, there was no avoiding each other, especially in the little kitchen area. I went to get a snack and he was talking about jazz with someone. I asked him a question about it and for the first time, he spoke to me at length. I'd found his button! A week later, I saw him at a dance and let him know that something he said really stuck with me and again, he really began to open up. Later he made a point of saying good-bye when he left.

You never know what's going to open someone up. Small talk is for getting to know them a little, getting a sense of what they are like, and getting a sense of whether someone is safe.

How is a raven like a writing desk?

Anyone who can answer that question gets points with me!
 moon_breeze
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:57:27 AM
Ask what the worst thing that ever happened to them was, then watch their face and see how emotional they get. If its something serious, getting emotional can be understood but if its something trivial and they over-react it might hint to deep seated issues and baggage.

If they mention something ridiculous like being picked last in kickball or something, it probably means they're immature or not ready for the trials and tribulations of a real relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Questions to ask to get to know someone.