Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Car Problems, Mechanics... And Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 3
Car Problems, Mechanics... And WomenPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Casey Curls.......Go to Canadian Tire. They have standards and are generally reliable. Myself I go to mechanics I do know on a smaller level. One guy runs a tow truck operation outside St. Thomas on 45. I would recommend him anytime. He don't lie about anything and he is all about saving money. You need to meet some-one like that and cultivate a life long relationship with him or her. Cause there are ladies who run car shops now ya know. We need certain people in our lives for long-term. Accountant, Banker, Lawyers, (2 types) Mechanic, Financial Advisor, Real Estate Agent, Funeral Director, etc. Find yourself good ones and cultivate their friendship. They need to last a lifetime. You will be using them.
 sparky922
Msg: 6
Car Problems, Mechanics... And Women
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:58:07 PM
Ruby, I worked at a canadian Tire doing oil changes, tires and the like! There are some rip off artists at Canadian tire! do not believe they all work to a standard!
KC, A family friend of mine sells mac tools in that area, I do not have his number handy, but look him up in the book, His name is ross baker, he may be able to recommend a good shop. he would know pretty good seeing as he spends all week going in and out of them. You can tell him who sent you, just message me and i'll give you my last name!
 sweet995
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:28:38 PM
Sir James says to get a hold of him. He'll help you out. James used to own a garage.
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/17/2005 8:13:01 PM
Yeah I do not have a problem with our Canadian Tire either, but then I know the service manager personally and so does my son. That does make a big difference. I also know the mufflerman manager in St. Thomas and they did my brakes on the Bonneville. All done and in great shape for $271.00. I'm a happy camper. Plus checked the struts and shocks, cause I wanted an ultra smooth ride. Nothing wrong with them Darrell the mechanic says. His advice...my 2 back tires were not Tiger Paws, so match em up on the back with 2 new Tiger Paws. I did and voila a perfect ride now. So cannot bad mouth that deal at all. I have a particular guy I buy tires from as well. He did the Tiger Paws.
 Ruby Lips
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/18/2005 4:36:15 AM
Hey Kathy. That is the best advice of all. My daughter lays under a vehicle with her dad, rachet for rachet. Yesterday she replaced her van starter. Yes, she has a manual and uses it religiously. It tells you everything. Me....I ain't mechanical. I just use good people. LOL!
 frankin2006
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:48:28 PM
Well I'm not a woman but I'm also looking for a good reliable mechanic. so if anyone knows anybody in (london, woodstock, kitchener) please let me know.
 Greanize
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/19/2005 5:47:47 AM
Listen to Gerry...he is right on the nose. Also for those of you in the Waterloo area and the Newmarket area, a company I work for is called Nexcar. They do real time billing. What that means is they only charge for the actual time that they work on your car, not the suggested time that the Mitchell guide tells them. (Most places will charge the estimated time the Mitchell guide tells them even if the job is done in less time) So if you car is in the shop 45 minutes, it is clocked in and clocked out...you get to see the time card if you wish. And you are charged real time for the labour. And here is the best part...the labour rates are 99 cents a minute.
So that 45 minute job will cost you 45 dollars.
I just had my right outter tie rod replaced and it cost me 60 dollars total...parts and labour. Oil changes are 14.95 and while the car is on the hoist they will do a quick mini inspection and let you know if there is something that needs attention. (That is how I found out about the tie rod needing changing. I knew something was not right, but they spotted it).
It is a good company and great people. I am proud to be a part of them and will tell any and all to visit them!
 lrover
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:17:35 AM
I'm a licensed class A mechanic ( licenses 310T-212447 and 310s-212447). I don't work in the trade anymore but I can give advice. I worked on Saab, Subaru, BMW, Jag, Fiat, Rolls Ferrari at a dealership in Kingston... Anyone from K-town can now guess where where I worked.
I don't do cars for money anymore!
Pat
 lrover
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:19:19 AM
Posted By: Ruby Lips on 8/17/2005 552 PM
Subject: Car Problems, Mechanics... And Women
Message: Casey Curls.......Go to Canadian Tire. They have standards and are generally reliable.

NEVER GO TO CRAPPYTIRE!! if you got good service there you were VERY lucky!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Car Problems, Mechanics... And Women