Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home still      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Talitha001
Msg: 2
view profile
History
would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home stillPage 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Absolutely not!!! I seek an independent man, not a mama`s boy!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 12
would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home still
Posted: 8/21/2005 12:27:25 AM
unless he is the heir to a monarchy

no
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2005 3:31:23 AM
So I guess some wmen would whether go out with a complete ahole that lives on his own then a loyal and loving person that still lives with his parents just because of the fact of where they a living???? Irony anyone.......

I could give 2 craps less if I wnet out with a female that still lived with her parents, i'm not going to say oh you are a sweet and loving female but you still live with your parents so i'm going to have to say no. Yeah well I determine the person by who they are not where they live.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2005 4:03:14 AM
Exactly. If they can't understand something like that, then it shows you what kind of person they truly are inside.

People expose their true selves in more ways then one, hell some do it instantly like that for example.
 rocky541
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:36:00 AM
well assuming it gets switched to a 28 year old woman for me... yes I would. I mean ive dated older before and didn't mind it at all and she actually did still live with her parent. I don't really see an issue with it at all.
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:06:20 AM
does it matter if you like him- isn't that all that counts??/ i've heard the term "mommas boy" but c'mon really -wouldn't you rather have someone that gets along with their family?I amm such a cooperative these days -OMG
 Patch364
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/21/2005 1:57:24 PM
Well I think it would depend on the individual. Some have moved out but for financial reasons had to move back home for a while. If I new that they had full intentions of moving out from mommy and daddy's wings soon then yeah. But if they've never moved out before and show no intentions of moving out then no I wouldn't date them. I want a guy who has lived on his own before so that he knows the responsibilities and knows how to be independent.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:16:19 PM

No. That person sounds like a loser.

I tend to think that people who are cruel and lack redeeming qualities in their character are losers.

LOL, damn can we say BURN.

I'm sorry but Majestic just burnt you.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:02:43 PM
Nah I doubt it. Some of the people that go into current events have said much worse comments on matters and they are still around.
 SICutie
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:08:23 AM
probably not.
 knight2nite
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:12:18 AM
It is wonderful to see some reasonable thinking women here instead of the blanket 'no mommy's boys' statement. There are so many different circumstances and you have to look at the individual before you make any pretense to judge. My best friend was ruined financially by his divorce - she got their house and kid and he got to live with his parents - though he works hard overtime hours. Myself, I was saving for a return to college and working full time at a job that did not pay a living wage. A type of job that there a more of every year these days. I could not imagine taking advantage of my parents and paid them a fair rent. To me they were like my roommates. It is also good to come from an environment where your family cares.
 SICutie
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:07:08 AM
i lost my house in a divorce too. i was a housewife with no job and i still didn't go home.
 SICutie
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:09:34 AM
of course i can cook! it was part of my job. now i cook and work full time.

i'm tired though and i need a foot rub.

hotbush - oh my!! what's ma doing int he camper?? hehehe
 SICutie
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:11:55 AM
only if there's room for kevin. and he needs a foot rub too
 Wylde
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:12:38 AM
I'd date a guy livin with mommy and daddy...just means he'd have more money to spend on me
 SICutie
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:22:46 AM
hey you offered! i'm not insane enough to turn down a decent foot rub. by anyone!!
 Diggy03
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:01:15 AM
Guilty as charged....

I did. He was an alcoholic.. had no money and didn't work, and I ended up with the best part of him.. our daughter. I have NO IDEA what I was thinking at the time.

Under the circumstances.. I will never date a man who still lives at home. I don't live at home for crying out loud.... if it's his mother he wants.. he can continue to live with her.
 Myfakename
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:20:10 AM
im 30 and moved back in with my folks. Roomate got married kicked me out. Moved out on my own, got robbed of more than all my money. Suffered from panic attacks and suicidal depression. My family runs 2 businesses and I help them with that. My folks are like roomates. I'm far from a mommy's boy tho. When I lived on my own, I had very little contact with my parents. Sometimes it benifits families to stay together. If I had a girl friend or roomate, I would move out. Can't find one tho. Living on my own wasn't a good thing, since one of my best friend's commited suicide suffering from the same "disorder" I do. We learned from him and now I am not alone and safer. Strange how one that lives with family gets a stigma attached to him, but if you live with roomate, husband, bf, gf, thats ok. hmmph. Some wives don't even work and let the husband pay for everything. They do stuff around the house tho, which is benificial. Keep that in mind. You may overlook someone who is your special someone. But you are right, there are dead beats out there too.
 hist
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/25/2005 11:54:00 AM
living on your own is no big deal. the mentally retarded live on their own. 28 for a guy is very young.
 1bigfish
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:21:05 PM
No Way, I tried that one time and what a diaster! Mom wanted to know what you want with her son. Dad was giving me the eye ;-) ..... Also, he always is at your house or a hotel room if you want to get the freak on, and asking his mom if you can knock boots on here beautiful dining room table does not make you the "right girl" for her little boy.

Mr Bain
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/5/2005 5:34:00 PM
For a while after college, my parents chose to keep me at home, even though I had a job and the income to support myself. They soon got the message that I wouldn't live the way I wanted to unless I had my own spot. At 23, I got my space in a private Manhattan condo.

Not the same for my friend. He is 26 and still lives with his parents, even though he has a job that pays $30,000 plus bonus and benefits. He still dresses and lives like he is 17.
 hockeynut73
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:06:44 PM
Well, I'm 32 and I had to move back home. I was living on my own, first with a roomate that still owes me $300.00. And then with an ex-girlfriend for 3 years, which didn't work out. Then I lost my job. So for the last year I've been living at home and I hope soon to be back on my own. I mean, it's great that you don't really have house bills, but sucks on the other hand because, you know, the parents are at home, so not a suitable situation to have a date over. But I agree with some of the posts that it depends on the girl. If I was dating a girl around 30, and she still lived at home, it wouldn't mind me. Especially if I really liked her. But I have a feeling, that in a culture and society such as ours, it is more acceptable for a woman to still be living at home at the age of 30, then a man. But, that's just my opinion.
 hockeynut73
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 3:23:57 AM
Well, for the woman who said that she moved out when she was 17. That's great!!! All the best for you. But just becuase you did, that doesn't mean everyone on this earth has to move out when they're 17. Yes, I'm lucky that i have cool parents. And I do pay my bills. And I'm saving up, so I'm not just lounging around the house and asking my parents for money. Everyone's situation is different. And my original message that I posted wasn't to spew my so called "excuses" for living at home. I was just giving you folks here an insight to my situation. I have no problems living at home, for now. But it sounds like from your post you're pretty bitter that a select few of us choose to do so, in my opinion.
 Sunshine_30
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:38:19 PM
Nope, he obviously isn't a grown up... Why would you want to take over his mothering?
 hightechredneck
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:57:20 PM
I quit a great job and moved back into my parents house at age 21 when my mother was diagnosed with a rare lung disease. I now have a crappy job and can not afford to move out again. On top of that I have a rare vision disorder that could cause me to wake up totaly blind any time I gio to sleep. My mother needs me around to help, and I need someone just in case I do totaly lose my vision.
This might hurt my social life, but I do not regret it because mom wanted me back at home. I do a lot of the house work around here so I am not freeloading by any means.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > would u date a 28 year old guy who lives at home still