Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to approach waitresses?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 7
How to approach waitresses?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I was once a waitress when coming out of school..

I would here everything-

Are you single?[so far]
Who's the lucky fart?[wouldn't you lke to know]
What one thing would you like to have?[ duh! i got stumped on that...]
If i said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me?[slap and giggle]
A phone number left with the tip.{that's sweet]
hey nurse!!!I need a nurse!!!!!!!!![she has to notice]
Are you married?[you think My hubby would let me work here?]
checks the ring finger{ and smiles a real big grin and winks}
do you need a ride home/{ah..not with strangers]
Would you like a dance?[I'm working -I could ask the boss?>>>]
You have nice ones emerson![dumps a pitcher on you]
I would love to introduce myself if you have time?{she's working hurry up]

paper napkin roses[gets a reaction]
 Toad4U
Msg: 11
How to approach waitresses?
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:14:09 AM
Maybe men in power want the women under their employ all to themselves
 bucsgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/21/2005 4:13:12 PM
blue First off if you write anything on your bill, she doesn't get to keep that, that's the restaurant's property, so seeing a guy's phone no. on one of her checks, she might get a talking to for that. Not good form at all. Maybe just write a quick note, saying that you find her attractive and if she's interested give you a call. Keep it short simple and to the point. Slip the note to her and tell her to read it later.....when she's OFF work.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/21/2005 6:45:06 PM
ksue A great suggestion. yes, don't jeopardize someone's job by leaving your phone no. or ANY personal message on a check for a meal that belongs to the restaurant. here's another idea, you can buy VERY CHEAPLY at Office Depot blank business cards, run a sheet through your printer. I also did this, the colored paper stock you can buy cheaply and design your own card, with the basic info or better yet, a personal one designed just for her, that'll get her attention!! Those can be printed with any common printer.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/21/2005 7:00:41 PM
blue Just to clarify as I've been both a server and in management. Please read all the posts. This person could be the boss of the person you're interested in. You're talking about approaching someone that you only know through her employment. From spending a few years in the service industry, trust me I know working in restaurants and BARS which flirting is encouraged, but dating is NOT. You just don't understand where he's coming from because you haven't worked in this environment.
"I don't know where you get this "try to earn a living" from, maybe from you head? :P" I quoted that from your post. Are you kidding? She's a waitress what do you think she's doing there. This is her JOB so she is earning her living there, where are YOU getting the idea that she's NOT from. What you're talking or thinking about could jeopardize that, don't you understand that? First off, you don't even know if she's available, she's interested, but you want to have a means of contacting her that could either get her fired or have her label you as a stalker, like waiting for her after work? C'mon. You're not sarcastic you're another word, if you wanna know write me and I'll spell it out for you. After reading this post, forget what I said, just leave her alone. Do her a favor and don't go back to her place of employment, find another place to eat. You wanna hit on your lawyer go ahead, but don't go into a public establishment for your own personal dating service. The other poster is right. It's a business they're there to serve food, they have policies against dating customers, so find another restaurant to eat at and do your dating thing elsewhere.
 ~Ames~
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/29/2005 8:52:12 AM
Being a former bartender, beer-tub girl, and waitress...getting hit was a "given" with the job. Now, working in a bar scene is different than a restaraunt. I was great in the bar scene. I am a flirty person with personality and totally approachable. It is funny to me that guys will leave a ridiculously high tip just for a date, that never made me feel inclined to date them, but I always thanked them and told them it was "too much". I guess my suggestion is to NOT stick around when she is trying to clean her area, NOT to follow her around as she is delivering drinks, NOT to seem desperate. Keep in mind, there are probably a dozen guys there that are hitting on her just as you are. Keep it simple and respectable. If she has intrest in you, she WILL make a point to get over to where you are. As for the business cards??? I don't know....kinda a toss up. I really liked the "sugar" packet name tag, that is adorable and I would have defintely had to smile at that one....use your imagination, we girls like that!! Much luck!
 ManCow
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:21:24 AM
lol
 airplane_geek
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:59:13 PM
I thought about it on a few occasions. This last weekend, however, made me revisit that idea again.

Unfortunately, I was with family when we went out to breakfast, coming home from vacation. She was our waitress. She was also really pretty and a very,very sweet girl of probably 18-19. She is from the Czech Republic, but spoke beautiful english that melted my insides. She planned on being in the US for several months more, touring the country before returning home to go to University to study Environmental Engineering.

This scenario breaks a ton of personal rules, but damn I so wanted to get to know her. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not at least writing my name, phone # and e-mail on a piece of paper or dollar bill. (I think the dollar bill would not be cool though.)

So, my advice is go for it, but don't make an ass out of yourself. You never know!!!

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How to approach waitresses?