Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How long do most guys last?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 elpostino
Msg: 10
view profile
History
How long do most guys last?Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I know I'm a guy, but my wife was at a conference once for a sex apparell industry she used to be in and the coach, a women, said that studies show that 80% of men, after foreplay, last around 2 minutes. I was shocked to hear that, but glad I am in the top 20 percent. Once again, these figures came from a study done by a companay that sells sex toys and apparell.
 elpostino
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How long do most guys last?
Posted: 8/23/2005 12:52:02 PM
I've lasted longer, but it include foreplay and showers, bubblebath etc. If we went all night, 9pm-6am probably 4 hours in total was intercourse (not consecutive), the rest was foreplay. Most guys would be sore if they did it for 2-3 hours straight with out cumming and without stopping. On a good night, I last an 45 minutes to an hour before cumming and according to stats, that's above average
 elpostino
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:08:19 PM
Intervals are all part of it. I was with an ex of mine one weekend and from Friday to Sunday we had sex 20 times. We were in a hotel most of the time, but we took bubble baths together, went out on the town several times. We also took smoke breaks. I knew a girl once who was with an older man, about 55 I think she said and he had intercourse for about 3 hours because it took him that long to cum. She said she was quite sore and from what I got from her, she didn't want to hurt his feelings by not letting him climax
 pky1988
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:28:39 PM
I think it is a mental thing. I could last as long as I feel like it. For me, the longer I do it with one person, the longer I last. The first time you meet someone and do that for the first time together, it's the excitement taking over. That probably wouldn't last to long. I would be ready again in two seconds, to do it again.
 BBdrgn
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:39:29 PM
^^^^ya,she's into the "mental" thing..
 BBdrgn
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:43:32 PM
..Hey FB
 badgirl17
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:35:48 PM
HOPEFULLY LONGER THAN THEY LIE ABOUT!!! BUT YES GIRLFRIEND I ACTUALLY HAVE HAD 1 GUY TELL ME HE COULD WARE ME OUT AND YES HE DID!! GREAT PIC GIRL!
 Grrretel
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:14:32 PM
I couldn't handle more than an hour. 20-30 minutes is best. Well, 'per session', take a rest and go again is ok.
 SpiderJohn416
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:49:57 PM

Question for the ladies. (sorry guys, this is a sex question and us guys have a tendancy to exagarate)

So, not counting foreplay, how long does your guy usually last?

I don't think you can ask that this way, since the level and amount of foreplay have a pretty major impact on how long a guy will last.

I remember one time I was with this girl and she was going out of her way to****ease me off and on (mostly on) for about 12 hours. By the time we got down to actual sex, I came in about a minute because I'd been wayyyyyyyyyyyy overstimulated.

Do I usually do that? No. Like the one guy said, it could be 4 hours or a minute. It depends on how stimulated we are.
 BlahGrim
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:14:13 PM
The longest I have had sex for was an hour and a half...and I was starting to freak out..and she was starting to get annoyed. Hearing "Why won't you just cum?" in a whiny voice didn't help me get off faster. ummm..my average is like 15-20 minutes outside of foreplay. The thing is..the dude on the first page was right about you can put it off if you want to. So, it lasts as long as the guy wants it to.
 endogoddess
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:31:01 AM
As long as I want him too
 JackCooper
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:03:40 AM
I'm with the ladies on this one. I can control my orgasm totally so if I don't want to come I won't. I can last an hour or more, not straight pounding of course, but an hour being hard and having intercourse in various positions. But most of the women I've been with can't take more than 45 mins to an hour of hard sex and then they are usually pretty sore and aren't enjoying it any more. When i was younger I used to think that the longer I lasted the better, but as I got older I realized that around 30-45 mins for intercourse was best for her so I limit myself to that, and sometimes a lot shorter if time is limited or just because sometimes...
 drpookie
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/24/2005 11:30:37 PM
**** everyone goddam terrorist box wankers....ahhh, i feel better
 Little_alien
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:16:37 AM
Damn... I was tryin' 2 write to u, blastkist but unfortunately I am too lil 4 ya. ): That sucks! But it's OK! YEah, BTW wa's the difference between 25 yrs old and 20 yrs old? Yeah, I guess I know what I'll do. I'll open a new aacount and cheat saying that I am 25. LOL.
 jiszam
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:58:34 PM
I'm probably about 45 minutes on average without drugs.With if I finish at all between 2 and 4 hrs.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2005 9:24:21 PM
Once i walked over 300kms in 10 days
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:03:10 PM

This is 1 area of human sexuality that has much been variation in data.
Average Time to Orgasm (male)
Kinsey found that 75% of all males reach orgasm within 2 minutes of penetration, and felt that it was normal, though he does note that it "may be most unsatisfactory to a wife who is inhibited or natively low in response." Way to state the obvious, doc.

Average Duration of Orgasm (male)
3-5 seconds.

Average Time to Orgasm (female)
Females in Kinsey's studies averaged a little less than 4 minutes to reach orgasm during masturbation, though for coitus it took anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes.

Average Duration of Orgasm (female)
5-8 seconds. Orgasmic contractions in both sexes occur at intervals of 0.8 seconds

According to pharmecutecal comapny Johnson and Johnson which did a study and timed over 1500 couples the average time to male orgasm=7.3 minutes:

So it would seem that average for a man is 2-10 min while average for a woman is 10-20

This is 1 major reason many women have never or rarely experience vaginal orgasms

Then again....I got my username for a reason
 jiszam
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:10:17 PM
That's just proof that science isn't always right.In fact at least half the time it seems it completley goes against common sense.Though if I didn't masturbate so much then who knows how quick I could cum.Maybee in an effort to make a control group Kinsey had the individuals isolated in a lab type place for a while.While that would seem like a control group actually peole probably wouldn't masturbate if they were being observed by scientists alot.Thereby speeding up their time.Another example of the faults of the scietific method.
 jiszam
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:27:53 PM
Yeah.Good post.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:47:55 AM

NOT that men are wired differently, its the training behind it. As kids, we are often taught anything we want to know/learn, EXCEPT sex. Our society is so conservative that sex, especially masturbating, is taboo...its a sink/swim knowledge

Humorous......but logically speaking,the same thing is true of women and sex/masturbation. Women and men BOTH have orgasm in about the same time during masturbation according to data and logic. Therefore the wiring IS a major factor,it is not the ONLY factor however. Also,regardless of study Kinsey/J&J,Masters&Johnson ect....the conclusions are similar.

Why do women and men achieve orgasm in about the same time during masturbation? Both use comporable stimuation points,the clitoris and penis are VERY similar.During intercourse the clitoris isn't stimulated as directly as the penis therefore the "lag" in time to achieve orgasm for MOST.
There are MANY ways of offsetting this "problem".
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/26/2005 9:55:31 AM
You guys were jerking away!
If a female masturbated twice a day as a teen you mean you guys were jerking off OVER 10 times per day!?! Dayum,time to buy stock in the tissue companies!
I didn't masturbate much at all at 13.......by late teens maybe twice a day....maybe thats HOW I became a marathonman

Seriosuly though,I think every individual male and female has had varying expereince in masturbation frequency as teens.
 i am4u
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2005 12:32:03 PM
till you want me to cum
 dud
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:25:34 AM
there's too many variables. more foreplay could make it quicker. tightness is definitely a factor. and do you mean how long til the first one or til the last one?
 dud
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/23/2005 10:08:15 AM
^^^^^^ 10... 9... 8... 7.... LOL
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/26/2005 10:37:44 AM
I've read the average length of time for sex was 20-30min(INCLUDING "foreplay")
The average length of time for a man from penetration to (his)orgasm seems to vary from study to study Kinsey report(2 min)to more recent studies 6min.
Here is a link that should help:

http://www.sexualrecords.com/WSRaverages.html
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How long do most guys last?