Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > If guys think women are after thier money, why do they have pics of c      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hotsexymamawink
Msg: 1
If guys think women are after thier money, why do they have pics of cars on thier profiles?Page 1 of 1    
It seems to me that men used to be afraid of a woman liking them for thier money or what they have. Is that still true today? Don't you want a woman to like you for you and not for the fancy car you drive or the job you have? I would think that it is impractical to have a pic of a fancy sports car or speed bike, because there are some girls out there who are very materialistic, although most would not admit it.

I don't want a flashy guy who has to show off his car right away to a girl he may have just met. If you want to show off, take me to the race track on Sunday for a date, but don't talk to me about the money you make or pick me up in something that shouts I'm a stud, love me for my car.

I am not a golddigger and can support myself, and I want a guy who takes care of himself and knows how to treat a lady, with respect.
 Myfakename
Msg: 2
If guys think women are after thier money, why do they have pics of cars on thier profiles?
Posted: 9/6/2005 2:23:58 PM
the guys that fear women looking for sugar-daddys are the same ones with cars in their pics?
Might be the only pics they have. Best to ask them I guess. I'm not one of them. There is no car that could match my splender!!! It would be a crime for anything to appear in a pic with me! Maybe the pezheadadent. Only if I was choking him. I think the feds are out the door, have to go.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 3
If guys think women are after thier money, why do they have pics of cars on thier profiles?
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:42:01 PM
Probably for the same subconscious reasons that some women post suggestive and revealing pictures and then state that they are not here for sex or a one-night stand - and then complain about unwanted attention from perverts.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/9/2005 3:07:09 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put in my trademark emoticon
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 5
If guys think women are after their money, why do they have pics of cars on their profiles?
Posted: 9/9/2005 9:22:52 PM
tick tock wrote: Probably for the same subconscious reasons that some women post suggestive and revealing pictures and then state that they are not here for sex or a one-night stand - and then complain about unwanted attention from perverts.

Actually, from some of the pictures (which, congratulations - the scores are usually quite high ) I was beginning to wonder if some of the profiles are "pros"

As for a fella standing by a car/bike/surfboard - who says it actually is the fellas?
 Tick Tock
Msg: 6
If guys think women are after their money, why do they have pics of cars on their profiles?
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:27:22 AM
Dragoninrain, funny you should say that because I have wondered myself about the very same thing. I guess it beats swinging a purse on streetcorners.
 Dragoninrain
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:25:28 PM

tick tock wrote: Dragoninrain, funny you should say that because I have wondered myself about the very same thing. I guess it beats swinging a purse on streetcorners.

No doubt, enclosed, warmth or A/C if weather requires.

Truthfully, I've become frustrated that I get asked questions alluding to "generosity" "solvent" until I read some of the female profiles who are actually looking for those exact characteristics in another person. Geez, imo, that gives this female a bad taste in her mouth.

KittyBratt
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/11/2005 6:39:48 PM
ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! Right on.. check and mate! good one. ;)
 KittyBratt
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/11/2005 6:45:00 PM
(my above statement, by the way, was meant for the guy who responded with something along the lines of... : of course men know that they attract the kind of girls they wouldnt want to keep around by showing off their cars and what not.. it's simple logic. How do u think those men are going to be those women?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > If guys think women are after thier money, why do they have pics of cars on thier profiles?