Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anhwolf
Msg: 1
Public Affection? What is your take on it?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
I am only asking because I love to show my affection in public to a significant other no matter where or who is present at the time. Alot of people that I know or have spoken to said no way, not in public...save it for behind closed doors....Is this a dying practice?
 Babylonia
Msg: 2
Public Affection? What is your take on it?
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:31:52 PM
Anywhere.

Those who are uncomfortable with it, IMO, have issues.

If I love a person, I don't care where we are, I'll show it.

If other people have issues with it, they can deal with it themselves.
 bugsybears
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:33:16 PM
there is nothing wrong with holding hands or walking with your arm around your girl and sneaking a little kiss once in a while. i actually enjoy seeing 2 people in love. the thing i don't like is the couple that should be behind closed doors and ain't. i think you get the pic.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:34:13 PM
I dont necessarily make out in public.

well, OK yeah, I sheepishly admit i do from time to time

But not right in front of people. I mean How else is it going to progress to something more heated if there are people right beside ya. Make sure there a re bushes near by
 Raven34
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:36:00 PM
I think public displays of affection are fine.....nothing nicer then holding hands, kissing or hugging your sweetie.......if clothes start flying though it may be time to get a room.....lol ;-)
 T,D and H
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:36:35 PM
A display of affection in public is great. Groping her and sticking my tongue down her throat to taste her spleen is crass and uncalled for. I've had moments in my life where I was lonely and bitter and such things annoyed me but those were rare and short-lived, even then I knew I was the one with the problem. Most of the time, seeing two people who are affectionate in public puts a smile on my face and reminds me of times when I also felt that way about a woman.

Go for it, don't hold it in. What good is it if you don't share it with her?
 Whatheshack
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:39:04 PM
I think it depends on the level you take it to, kissing, holding hands, hugs I'm fine with, the all out almost foreplay in public I'm not so sure about, there are times however when even that is Ok, you know the OMG I missed you at the airport.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:39:16 PM
Hold hands, run hand up a bare arm...stroke my back...lean into me when standing side by side, stand a little "too close" when standing behind me...it is all good :)
 dartgirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:57:54 PM
I love holding hands and being affectionate.
 bugsybears
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:11:14 PM
well i think if i had to watch this in public and when they finished i felt like having a cig, then that's a bit too much and i don't even smoke.
 Blastkist
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:13:27 PM
I think it's a good thing as long as it's an appropriate type of display and not a rude one.
 hippychick_30
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/23/2005 2:26:41 PM
i THINK PDA IS A GOOD THING IT ALSO SO SHOWS YOU THAT YOUR LOVED ONE IS NOT AFRAID OF SHOWING YOU HOW HE OR SHE FEELS ABOUT HE OR SHE WANTS THE WHOLE WORLD TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH AND THAT EVERYONE SHOULD FEEL AS HAPPY AS YOU DO
 ksue44
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/23/2005 3:17:27 PM
There's nothing I like more than having a quick kiss on my lips, holding hands, or maybe a 10 second grab of the ass! If a guy starts to cop a feel or further, no, that's not cool, even though half the fun is getting caught, if you know what I mean.
 wizard097
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:00:31 PM
Showing the world that you are happy with the person you are with....damn right..
 Deadmanwalkin
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:01:46 PM
ahwolf, it all depends on the partners involved. Some like it, some don't.
 biziedizie
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:09:18 PM
It's all good especially when it moves to the public washrooms!
 Belly Drummer Girl
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:30:24 PM
I like holding hands, cuddling, hugging, whispering sweet nothings into my guy's ear and little kisses in public. Gropping, major tongue action, etc.. should be kept to places where the two of you can escape and be alone. It's just respectful in my books. You wouldn't do it in front of your boss, your family, so why put strangers through it (and little children possibly watching). If it makes even one person around you feel awkward and uncomfortable why do it. You might say because it is your choice to express yourself freely in public. To that I would say then why not just pee on the sidewalk, walk around nude, etc. LOL.

In my books it's much more fun to tease each other in a more discreet way all day long and have to wait until you get to be alone.
 DragonRed
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:34:20 PM
^^^Took the words right out of My Mouth.......
 sexxievie
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:08:31 PM
Well I really dont think there is anything wrong with demonstrating how you feel for your significant other in public, it is too bad that so many hold out and are so afraid to show their true feelings, I mean you should always go with what your feeling. I think it's all good, go with what your feeling, sneak a kiss in when you feel like it, hold hands, dont be afraid to show your mate you care..........
 MidnightsShadow
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:17:08 PM
Public affection is great.
 ashley1861
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:34:33 PM
Goodfellow always reaches for my hand when we cross streets (ooh Daddy!) We hold hands a lot in public and hug and kiss. We've had people stop and smile at us and one lady couldn't stop staring at us with this odd grin; kind of made us feel weird.
Goodfellow, in addition to other great attributes, is a certified message therapist; so he rubs my neck, shoulders and hands everywhere we go. I can't get enough of that!

I also want to add that I think it is very healthy and good for kids to see people in love and happy with each other. Sometimes they get a jaded view of the world from their homelife and should learn that not all families have marital problems.
 ~Songbird~
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/23/2005 5:36:00 PM
Kissing, holding hands, hugging, is fine. But if you're grinding up against eachother, have your tongue down their throat for 10 minutes, and there's groping in all areas, then it's time to get a room.
 Autumn Dawn
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:01:33 PM
^^^^Ditto that!
 DragonRider
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:07:04 PM
Getting a room.... I volunteer....

Seriously though... If you are in love, and happy (is there any other way?) You should not have a problem, holding hands, hugging, kisses, having ones arm around the others waist... this is all healthy and good... and is a positive statement to the world...

There are too few happy people in the world...

People in love, and showing it, radiate it, and it affects everyone... I have even been known to be caught skipping hand in hand...

~~Dragon Rider~~
 ladydi8
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:15:46 PM
hmmmmmmmm..........i like tha woods myself......high noon in tha swamps even ......

seriously though....i see nothin wrong with public displays of affection.........in fact its been soooooo long now........anybody wanna take a refresher course with me so i can make sure i havent fergotten how ta do it..........er.......um ............show affection in public, that is
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Public Affection? What is your take on it?