Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are men on dating sites so clueless?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Psych
Msg: 1
Why are men on dating sites so clueless?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I realize that I am in danger of stereotyping myself, since I'm on the site as well, however, I'm referring to that special breed of male members that seem to be totally clueless.

For example, you often see threads entitled "i'm a nice guy, yada, yada, yada"

Okay, you're a nice guy, which, in dating site lingo means "loser".

If you don't agree, then ask yourself, have you ever pondered such weighty subjects as:

"Why doesn't anyone return my emails?"
"Why do women only care about looks/money/penile length/etc?"
"I'm a nice guy, why can't I keep a girlfriend?"

If you constantly ask yourself these questions, or worse, post threads about them, then yes, my clueless friend, you are a loser. Don't feel lonely, it's common.

Alternatively, there is another strain of male idiocy. I call these men "Pseudoplayers".

To find out if you are a "Pseudoplayer", merely answer the following questions:

1.) Do you find yourself constantly taking pictures of your own torso, arms, back, penis?
2.) Do you find yourself emailing pictures of your penis willy nilly to any female that strikes your fancy?
3.) Do you change your self-pic avatar more often than your underwear?
4.) Do you find yourself unable to form coherent thoughts that do not involve sex/self love/sex/steroids?

If you answered yes to at least two of the above, then I'm sorry, you are a "Pseudoplayer".

I'm just constantly amazed and appalled by the inordinate number of fellow males that are completely clueless and continue to promote the stereotype of men being twinks.

So, I'm asking, am I too harsh? Is there any way to salvage the typical male image? What do women think are the most pathetic manifestations of "male cluelessness"?

Anyone? Anyone?
 OnTheBus
Msg: 2
Why are men on dating sites so clueless?
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:47:18 PM
Whew, I sure am glad I meet your approval
 Psych
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:49:33 PM
It's done out of love.

Like in Old Yeller.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/26/2005 3:51:23 PM
old yeller

Too funny.

Dude, I think you are right on with a lot of this stuff. Amusing.
 Psych
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:00:55 PM
Au contraire, mon frere. French, the other white meat.

I am not unsure of myself, merely questioning the eternal cluelessness of the unwashed masses.

Not to mention, I'm kidding. In a sense.

Also, I must refrain from the temptation to mockingly sneer "Made you look".

But thank you for your somewhat "Protest too much methinks" reply.
 BBdrgn
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:01:00 PM
Rock: I agree with you on some points ,but I like Pshyc's post,yes sadly I am a "P>Player,but we mean no harm to the other woodland creatures,besides chicks dig us..
 Psych
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:03:44 PM
Let your freak flag fly, my friend.

However, I do wonder this, if one goes to the trouble to chisel one's frame into such neo-classical perfection, then why does one go on the internet to find love?

Seriously, if I had such a torso, I would run shirtless through Walmart for no good reason at all.

Such hard work and still difficulties with finding mates, it paints a very depressing picture for those of us without such attributes.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:08:53 PM
He really has a beer belly
 Talitha001
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:08:57 PM
I`ve never received any lewd pictures from men (I wouldn`t mind one from OTB...LOL Sorry, Bud..had to say it) and have met with lots of really nice guys in my area...Plus corresponding with wonderful guys all over the Us and Canada!!!! So I`m not sure what guys on POF you are talking about because I haven`t come across them...Personally, and women won`t like me saying this, but I think when a woman puts a provocative picture up.....then she can`t complain about the kind of responses she gets...The guy is just responding to her boobs with his penis.....That`s just my opinion.....If you don`t want lewd responses....change your picture cuz you are just advertising sex and a man is responding!!! Go ahead, gals....fire away!!!
 BBdrgn
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:18:11 PM
Psyc ..Dude, these sites are not for love and all that crap,THEY"RE FOR FUN....it's a place where within a few short hours,you can see others as friends,people you've never met or seen suddenly are buds...hell, I know I ain't perfect,and I doubt to many on here would profess to be,but it's a place where we all come to share our thoughts,sure sometimes we act like kids,and sometimes we even embarass ourselves,but generally we share some laughs and good ol point/couterpoint,as for profiles,can't you have fun with them?

P.S...Thanks for the Bod comps
 BBdrgn
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:19:18 PM
OTB: ya b-stard!!
 ksue44
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:24:39 PM
Add 1/2 cup of unanswered emails; Add 3 cups of lack of creative profile; Fold in 1 cup of no picture; Beat in 3 chopped up pieces of cynicism; Stir in 1 cup of negativity; Bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 45 minutes. Spread with a mix of dishonesty; game playing; and lack of self esteem.

Serve to a crowd. Unfortunately, there's no takers for this dish! Doesn't matter what sex you are!
 BBdrgn
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:26:54 PM
^^^^^ Beautifully Stated

O T : We're Blonde?
 Psych
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:41:04 PM
*bzzzz*, this is not the misogynistic thread hist, but thank you for playing.

BB, I know these things of which you speak, in fact, I'm having fun even now. Which is kind of sad actually, but that is neither here nor there.

One can have fun, be silly, and so on without losing one's dignity. I think.

I could be wrong though.
 BBdrgn
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:43:02 PM
^^^Also Well Stated.....

O T: I still say Blonde....

theace
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:24:38 PM
OK< so what the hell are we "men" supposed to say?

Quote " Hi ladies, I am a total jerk, I could care less about you, all I wanna do is get you naked and ban* you sensless the first chance I get. I am selfish, only consider my needs, and the first chance I get, I will be looking for a better,younger model. God forbid you gain an ounce of weight, because you will either get nagged or kicked to the curb. I am into myself, and will lie about anything I possibly can, ESPECIALLY to get sex."

Jesus dude.....

So if I am a LOSER by putting the "nice guy stuff" in my profile, then by god I am a HONEST loser. I would rather be single forever than lie to get a woman. (Even though sometimes I believe woman don't WANT to hear the truth.....men too, come to think of it.)

I look at it like this....for every "10" that WILL NOT contact me because I am below their standards, hell, even if it is a "4 or 5"...at least I still have my honesty and respect. The ones that won't contact me because I am fat, or they think I am full of sheeeeiittte, well it is THEIR loss.

I am single because my ex was a total user.....I CHOSE to be an ex.

I don't HAVE to be with a woman. I CHOOSE to. If I CHOOSE to say I am nice, honest, blah blah blah....and they think I am a loser for that.....well dude.....THEY lose for not giving me a chance.

And before I hear "Such a LOSER answer" G F Y!!!

Kelley
PS......G F Y in the just a conversation sense. Don't flame back.

EDIT: cleared up typing errors .....not all I am sure.
 BBdrgn
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:26:34 PM
LMFAO ^^^Priceless ^^^.......
 indigo rose
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:34:58 PM
Psych..you kill me.. ya mister who wants a twink
 BBdrgn
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:36:18 PM
^^^^ Even Better ^^^.....
 Psych
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:39:29 PM
Oh ace, you slay me. "GFY"? But don't answer back? What a card.

Yes, one should be honest, and if you are honestly a loser as outlined in the beginning post, then you should proudly declaim that fact in your profile.

I can tell by your heated reply I must have touched a nerve.

Let me make it up to you, email me and I'll return your email. That way you can feel as if someone actually cares.

I think I love you, but what am I so afraid of?
 OnTheBus
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:41:05 PM
This gets my vote for:

BEST

THREAD

EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

incogneato
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:41:23 PM

hmmmm wonder what 'category' I'm in?

I would also like to see the woman version of this thread, but I certainly wouldn't post that myself... that would be counter productive. hehehehe
 Psych
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:43:54 PM
This thread is the internet equivalent of snipe hunting.

I think we've bagged one already.

The womenfolk haven't weighed in enough, however.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:44:47 PM
chickens.

truth is, they agree and hate themselves for it
 BBdrgn
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/26/2005 5:47:16 PM
Stop thinking like me...GOD!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are men on dating sites so clueless?