Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Help Please with IM      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LittleFireCracker
Msg: 1
Help Please with IMPage 1 of 1    
Hi. I am hoping someone can help me with the IM problem i am having... Recently i got the blocker Trojen and i successfully deleted it. But, boy did it do some damage. My Norton Anti-Virus had to be completely taken out and i had to re-load Windows 98. My search bars at the top( for google and yahoo are also gone. The trouble I am having now is that when i try to open my Im on this site all i get is a white block and it won't load. Up in the left hand corner there is a little box with a blue and red (looks like a triangle) I opened it up and checked the properties and it says that it is not encrypted.. Any suggesstions on what i do? I checked the java script and it's working.. Please someone help.. Thanks.
 LittleFireCracker
Msg: 2
Help Please with IM
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:18:16 AM
Could it have something to do with the pop ups or how do i un-install that? What about security settings.. i am computer stupid so please be detailed ok
 HedonistDrifter
Msg: 3
Help Please with IM
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:29:01 AM
Depending on the popup blocker you are running It may need to be turned off or bypassed to access the IM feature, for instance to open IM here, I have to press and hold the "control" key when I activate IM to bypass the PU block feature of my browser....
 LittleFireCracker
Msg: 4
Help Please with IM
Posted: 8/27/2005 11:30:15 AM
thanks. it is ok that i am not currently running any anti virus right now.. my Norton had to be taken off (corrupt files,) and all i have is spy ware and ad ware.
 Meshell59
Msg: 5
Help Please with IM
Posted: 8/15/2006 3:09:03 AM
Are you using Mozilla? Cause mine wont work with it... When I do need to use IM, I have to use Internet Explorer

For your antivirus, have you heard of AVG? It's free and awesome and doesn't try to think for you like Norton does.

You can find it by browsing if not you can email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please do not post any personal contact information - cleick here --> Acceptable Use & Posting Rules

Forum Moderator
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Help Please with IM