Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Do men get off on crazy women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 airplane_geek
Msg: 5
Do men get off on crazy women?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I agree. Don't change yourself unless it's to truely better yourself. As you will notice, all the biyatches will fade away over time.
 Simlasa
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Do men get off on crazy women?
Posted: 9/5/2005 12:32:48 PM
I don't mean to be boring... but let's spend a moment defining 'crazy'...
When I say 'crazy' I mean someone with a problem... can't cope with reality... either depressed into a corner or manic in the streets... hearing voices... catatonic.
Now... I've gone out with women who had degrees of that sort of thing and it was always an issue that needed to be overcome, dealt with... it was never attractive.

Most of what has been described here so far is just b*tchiness... b*tch being the female version of *sshole. Usually this is a feature overlooked because we are paying more attention to how the person looks or something... later on we realize the mistake.

I do find a certain amount of 'snarkiness' to be attractive... I don't want to spend my time with a Polyanna who is constantly bending to smell the flowers and help old folks across the street. I like people who don't feel the need to sugar coat the world in pink icing.
I also am attracted to people who are a bit 'wild'... especially in the ways they think. I've gone out with a few people who my friends thought were 'crazy' but really they had just found an 'alternate sanity'.

I'm not sure this addresses the question at all...
K
 Simlasa
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2005 4:49:31 PM
I think this question is a thinly veiled version of our old friend... 'why don't women like us nice guys?'

Does the guy see you as a 'challenge' or a 'sure thing'? Seems like you've probably given him some reason (like being 'nice' to him) to take you for granted...

Guys are often very competitive and like to think that their woman is 'desired' by other guys and that they have to fight to keep her... but once he figures he has her wrapped around his finger... well... mission accomplished!... and on to the next one.

I'm being silly... but not entirely silly...

K
 Simlasa
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2005 4:50:12 PM
And yes... you are very attractive to look at... and no, you shouldn't be treated that way...

K
 who_the_fox
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:21:24 AM
Yep, some men do. They like being "saviours". I had a buddy tell me that the reason I am single is because I am low maintenance....and men find that exceedingly unattractive.
 CrystalLinda
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:35:00 AM
ruthless:

I totally agree w/you and have had similar experiences. An ex BF was married to a psyco-bit** for 10 years before we starting dating during his divorce. She treated him like crap and he was afraid to sleep, he said he slept w/one eye open-Im sure she had borderline personality disorder, she was a drunk and made many lame attempts at sucide just to get his attention. I think men like the excietment of those women, and their unperdectibility factor. It might also be the need to be needed is why these men stay w/them. Many men have a really strong need to be needed, and hey, i hear the sex can be pretty wild w/a psyco too.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/6/2005 3:32:25 PM
ruth I hope you don't consider this post off topic. But just for fun I created this psycho woman profile, honestly just for laughs, I've never been to a shrink, not that I wouldn't if I thought it was necessary, never been on psych meds....really!! But you would not believe the email I've gotten since then. Not that I suggest every person go write a psycho profile, but I tell ya it makes me wonder a bit!! I write back to some of them, wow I didn't know crazy women were so popular. Anyway, I've had a blast with it. Don't know what it means, hopefully it's because they think it's funny. Gotta wonder though!!
 Double Cabin
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:05:07 PM
Good question, but comes across like some of the endless self pity threads from my side of the gender aisle. If I'm wrong please forgive the specualtion. We appreciate sanity, but just enough of the right stuff and some of us are doomed to calamity. I once had to deal with an employee that felt her relationship problems lay in her being an alpha female. I told her no, she was just a b*i*t*c*h. With that said this man wants a woman of confidence, of reciprocative capacity, I want a woman walking beside me, not a step behind or trying to race ahead of me. Remember the old Welsh Diddy: "Yeah ho, nobody know, meat nor drink nor money have I none, yet shal we be merry..." Attitude is Everything!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/8/2005 2:56:52 PM
Craziness is not a gender thing, yes I realize that's the OP about women. This is the reason that you need to spend a LOT of time with someone and see them under all different circumstances. If you only "date" as in going out, well nearly ANYONE can be charming, funny and enjoyable company for an evening. I've said this numerous times, but I think it's valid. People are their "true" selves when they're facing a big problem, crisis or tragedy. When the stuff hits the fan, that's when you see what the person really is. Not on a prearranged evening of fun and enjoyment. When someone has lost their job, had a car accident or anything that shakes their world up, that's when character or lack of it is revealed. Same for us ourselves you find out what you're made of when you face a big obstacle. That's the test of character and inner strength. Not romantic but a truism nonetheless. If you want to know what someone's like be around them when they're upset or mad.....then you will see the real person. This is my story anyway and I'm sticking with it!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/8/2005 6:51:37 PM
gotta Hey, I think you have your topics confused here...indulge for a moment. A woman who loves and craves sex...24 hours a day, well we have to work and other mundane things, but if that's crazy then strap on a straight jacket that doesn't squeeze my chest, and don't bother with the pants.....where is this asylum??? hahaha
As a disclaimer: Hello, look at my profile, it's just a joke, so no perverted emails or pics that I'll have to laugh at, okay???
 bucsgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:23:12 PM
bella Ah reality is a mother, isn't it??
 cornerthe
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Because insanity is sexy
Posted: 4/21/2006 4:49:37 AM
Bored.... no. Hit with a board? Possibly...

Hey again Crazy...
 Wild Heart
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/23/2006 4:59:58 PM
I actually know some men who "get off" (for lack of a better word) on "crazy" (again, lack of better word) women. This one guy is on his second marriage. Both women had/have emotional problems. This is just the type of woman he seems to attract or want. Now, these women have normal lives, it is just little things - like depression or being scared to go out of the house phobias. I never thought of them as crazy, but rather perhaps more "needy" might be the word?

That being said, I don't understand it, but whatever floats your boat....
 Fry Lock
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2006 12:40:24 PM
Crazy? Hell I AM crazy...come and get me boys!
 2findU
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2006 3:05:56 PM
I usually try to get away from them.
 Gmaverick
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 12:29:08 AM
I believe I understand what you mean, I noticed too, same thing everywhere I've been (11 countries) I believe it happens to women as well, there are (as I see it) several factors that bring some light into it.
The globalization program is making easy for everyone to interact with everyone else around the planet, cultures are mixing faster and different concepts of manners and behaviors have no time to absorb the fusion, today, the majority of the people have its personal Idea of what's right, wrong, good, bad, pretty, ugly, testy, disgusting, pro survival, counter survival etc...
This is (at this point) confusion.
Moral values such as; Integrity, Honesty, Responsibility, Moral, Ethics, etc..., are going out of existence, and not been replaced.
Level of education going down as well, a kid on six grades today learns what we learned in first grade.
This****ail has a consequence, the general degradation of cultures; manners and behavior once consider as proper are disappearing.
Today pretty much every one, does, thinks, believes, considers good or bad whatever he/she wants.
Under such conditions it'll take some time to agree upon what type of behavior will be acceptable so that the majority of the people would stick to.
There's a lot more, but this hopefully helps.
Yet I believe I understand your concern, and to my understanding what you are looking for is an endangered specie, there are still people with common sense, but hurry up...!!!!
 mapw
Msg: 81
Posted: 4/28/2006 5:50:16 AM
Have been out with a crazy lady and when they come at you with a knife when they forgot to take the meds it sure is not fun
 Fry Lock
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2006 11:03:30 AM
no feathers;and the meds are only recreational....thank you...
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/9/2006 5:12:27 PM
ruthless,
always be yourself, never
let anyone change your spirit
 sparticuss
Msg: 88
Posted: 8/9/2006 11:04:09 PM
I think that the question should really be "Do men get off on abusive women and control frreaks'? IN a word "NO"
 IdoAllmyOwnStunts
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2006 6:23:50 AM
ive heard psycho women are better in bed.. you just cant tell them where you live..
 sparticuss
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/10/2006 9:15:10 PM
I think it's more like men depicting their ex's as crazy in order to blame the failed relationship on them. When I meet a guy and he launches into the old "I'm a great guy, but my ex was a psycho who wrecked what could've been a great thing..." that's when I ditch the guy.
===================
Minxy --- There are four versions of every relationship brreak up.

1/ His version - She was crazy
2/ Her version - She was abusive
3/ The offical version
4/ They truth

What has you so convinced that she wasn't crazy and that it was all him.
 sparticuss
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/18/2006 2:47:57 PM
This whole post is just a gender reversal of something else. I just dug it up. Again.
I knew women were like this when the men abused them. I didn't know some men did too.

Erin Pizzey was the founder of a women's shelter in Chiswick, England, the first modern battered women's shelter in the world. She found that of the first 100 women who came to her shelter, 62 were as or more violent than the partners they tried to escape from -- only to return to their partners time and again because of their addiction to pain and violence, violence that they persistently did their best to bring about. Over a period of ten years, Erin Pizzey became involved with about 5,000 women and their children who came through her shelter. She has written a number of books on domestic violence, one of which, Prone to Violence, addresses the issue of women's abuse and violence
 Wraith67
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/21/2006 1:31:13 AM
LOL, I date crazy women because no sane woman would date me...lol... Be well, all ...
 YouRFireD131
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/22/2006 12:09:31 PM
Depends on how good she can*uh* cook and clean, *uh* yeah...

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Do men get off on crazy women?