Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Interracial dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Interracial datingPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
it is a cultural thing, not religious, mohamehd , married an older rich jewish wife, as his first wife
its like how muslim men insist and force there women covering up every inch of there body, even at the beach, koran has a one simple verse,and it only say men and women should dress modestly
 want to travel
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/17/2010 1:46:23 AM
that is so true, it is very very rare that a muslim man will marry a western, woman, that is to say in most of there cultures, if you look at the turks, they often marry out of there religion, but saudis, or people from yemen, will execute people for doing that
as far as there religion goes, they, both men and women can marry anybody from the abrahamic religions
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 8
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/17/2010 6:58:31 AM
I think this phenomenon is mainly with cultures...a cultural thing.

Men have always felt like we can sex whoever we are attracted to...

YET we do not like our women sexing men that are not in our culture/race/ethnicity typically.

I think it is a bigger issue with ethnicities here in the states that are not as large as others...ie - it does not seem to be as big of a deal within the white and latino population. As there are lots and plenty of options for the men of each race.

However- in my experience from what I've seen and heard- in the african american population and arabic and other smaller ethnic groups- it seems that it is a more of an issue.

Like was said "they can date who they want, but they will marry their own kind."

I think it has something to do with ego- a man from "X" race does not want to marry a woman later on where people within his race know his bride in the past was with a white man for a boyfriend.

Its just another way of defining a woman in their minds as a slut...

A way to lower a woman's value...
 want to travel
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/17/2010 7:11:28 AM
it funny,in my three long term relationships, all three women, had african canadians, as boyfriends, the first only dated african canadians, i married her, she was wonderful, in everyway, she also had the most lovers, both black men and women, i never considered her a slut she was a great partner, and never cheated on me
 redheadlady4
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/17/2010 11:29:43 PM
Joe, I will only give my opinion...I have zero interest in dating a middle eastern man, all other races I have no issues with. I work in the medical field and I have seen how they treat women, they must forget they arent in a middle eastern country, but in American. I have absolutely not a prejudice bone in my body, however, I would not date a middle eastern man, their culture is something I dont get....and its cool in their country....cept they forget, they are in USA, and cant quite pull that behaviour off here with american women, sorry to be so brutal, but its how I feel
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/19/2010 9:39:05 PM
I have never experience racial issues of any type and I do not have any racial issues. I have dated men from, every race that there is. One of my very best and warmest of friends, here on POF is Arab- American, He lives in another a state, about 700 miles away, and distance is the reason we won't be dating.
 Gina5750
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/19/2010 9:41:29 PM
And, that is true about White men who are offended when they see a Caucasian Woman dating a Black man. Not to mention, some Black women are offended by it too. There are songs written about this!
You rarely see a Black woman with a White man. Why is this?
And, I think I have an idea of why Black women get offended when they see a Black man with a White Woman? I know why I get offended and I'm mixed race, but, I always have to check the "White" box! Damn it!
 Gina5750
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/20/2010 3:04:29 PM
Well, of course it's a form of jealousy-for both genders! And yes, I am referring to songs because it proves that it does offend some of Black women, (Do you really think that I could find this topic in a Reference book)?
Most songs are a part of life's experiences.
 Gina5750
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/20/2010 3:29:00 PM
I'm with you. But, where I live, it's not uncommon to see Black men with Caucasian women but, you rarely see the visa-versa. I could care less too. I was just curious.
I tend to gravitate more toward Black men. I connect more with Black culture , well, at least with my friends.
 redheadlady4
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:40:40 AM
Dude....I worked 17 yrs as a Resp. Therapist. I worked with at least 8 middle eastern Doctors..and saw first hand over the 17 yrs exactly how they treat women, I am not referring to patients. I had one Indian Doc that I respected so much, he was a kind man and we would sit and talk about the Indian culture and what they believe and what their traditions were and I really enjoyed him. The Middle Eastern docs were...basically jerks. I got into a verbal with one of them one evening up in my Dept. he was being very disrespectful, and I simply told him that he was in MY Country now and cant treat women like he was used to. Im sorry if I offended you, but I am speaking from pure experience...I am happy your parents have had a good marriage and life, they are not the ones I am talking about
 redheadlady4
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/21/2010 6:44:26 AM
I said medical field because that is where I met every one of men (and their treatment of women) that I have experienced...nothin more nothin less
 redheadlady4
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/23/2010 6:19:52 AM
Ahron...You are not getting what I am trying to say here, I am simply saying...that "THOSE" docs I worked with..not your parents or anyone else, the ones I worked with..which were actually quite a few, I am allowed to give my opinion and say why I feel the way I do, as you are as well. Your parents sound like great people, I am only speaking about the men I have worked with...OK??? peace
 browneyesboo
Msg: 27
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/23/2010 8:29:08 AM

I'm with you. But, where I live, it's not uncommon to see Black men with Caucasian women but, you rarely see the visa-versa. I could care less too. I was just curious.

I don't know why, but this just struck me funny. If you see a black man with a
caucasian woman, how do you know it's really not a caucasian woman with a
black man?
 redheadlady4
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 4/23/2010 5:03:10 PM
Ok...I had corrected myself, still not to your liking I see. You are completly right, I should not lump all "Middle Eastern" men in the same catagory, I tried to explain that to you with no success, so I will just give up, However when I worked with a good number of Doctors (who are highly educated) and they treated women this way, what conclusion shall I draw from that???...nite nite Ahron
 DallasSBF
Msg: 33
Interracial dating
Posted: 8/18/2010 11:00:31 PM
Wow that is insightful for someone who hasn't done it. That is exactly my observation exactly.
 Cynderella
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 8/18/2010 11:49:50 PM
Personally I am going green...alien!
I hear they are outta this world.
 melissa0607
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/5/2010 6:27:54 PM
From one of my exes I found out that culturally in judaism its the opposite of islam. The children take the religion of the mother. In our case she was jewish I'm catholic, so difference...and I don't believe in snipping lil boys...so we had a lil argument about that, but alas we never had kids.

I think interracial pairings will always get dirty looks

In some weird retarded way I kind of get why some white dudes get bent out of shape seeing white women with black men, because black women on avg do not give white men the same chance white women give black men, so maybe those guys that get bent out of shape out of some kind of jealousy...that and the crap SOME white women spew about black men is really annoying (i'm talking about the women who will put in their profile BLACK MALES ONLY, and what not) to me that's just a form of racism.

Out of curiosity did she explain to you why this is true win Judaism? The reason behind it is that you can only ever be 100% sure that the mother is the paternal parent. That's where that came from.

I have dated only white and black men. I used to get dirty looks when I was dating this one guy, he was from the Bahamas, and every time someone gave us one of those looks we would start kissing. It was great. Really sent whoever it was over the edge.

Black women get bent out of shape because they say "there are not a very large number of "good" black men to choose form and we are taking them away", reducing that number even further. White guys are just jealous egotistical schmucks, that's why they get bent.

It's not racism at all, it's preference. I bet you have no problem with the men who say they only like athletic bodies. I have dated a lot of good looking white and black men, but if you took one of each, equally as good looking, I will almost always find the black man sexier. That's just how it is for me. I am currently dating someone that is half black half Puerto Rican. Sexy as hell. Hopefully he's as sexy on the inside as the out, time will tell.
 melissa0607
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/5/2010 8:09:36 PM

Although I can't agree about your analogy of weight/body type to colour of skin/racial features. You can lose/gain weight...short of surgery you cannot change your skin colour or your nose or etc. Big difference.

you said

the crap SOME white women spew about black men is really annoying (i'm talking about the women who will put in their profile BLACK MALES ONLY, and what not) to me that's just a form of racism.

I simply said it is not about racism, it is about preferences. No different than a man putting that he only wants a slim/slender/athletic type. A preference is a preference whether the person you prefer can change it or not. So no it is not a big difference.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 51
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/7/2010 5:25:56 PM

In some weird retarded way I kind of get why some white dudes get bent out of shape seeing white women with black men, because black women on avg do not give white men the same chance white women give black men, so maybe those guys that get bent out of shape out of some kind of jealousy...that and the crap SOME white women spew about black men is really annoying (i'm talking about the women who will put in their profile BLACK MALES ONLY, and what not) to me that's just a form of racism.

I don't think its so much that black women don't give white guys a chance- I think its a matter of white guys not having the sand to go for a black girl. Anytime I've wanted to date a black woman, I have had zero problem doing so.

Now I have seen white women go for black guys- and in my experience, the ones I've seen that go for black guys- they have tended to throw themselves at the black men they have been with.

White women can date black men all they want, I don't care, nor am I jealous. Because I really do not go for white women. So I am not in competition for those females.

I think its a preference- not racism. If I were "racist" against white women, then I would have zero friends that are white women . I would "hate" white women, that is what racism is to me- NOT just making a decision to date other women who are not white.

People are allowed to have preferences without hate. Hate is something different than attraction.

if you come across a white woman's profile stating black men only- perhaps you should send an unsolicited ""shot"" of yourself, so you could be qualified off the top.

See how far that gets ya....
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 53
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/7/2010 8:23:57 PM
^^^^I agree, so why not show a little swagger with all chicks?

ya, black chicks seem to dig swagger more than the rest...at least as a rule.
 zeryphex
Msg: 58
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/8/2010 10:09:48 AM
I'm totally down with dating a girl/woman of any race. I wish I could date more east asians, more Indians, more Middle Easterns (Arab, Jew, Turks, etc), and more central/south americans.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 59
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/8/2010 2:36:34 PM

Just saying to me there is a difference between :
- I prefer X
- I will ONLY date X

to me there is a difference between

- I prefer X
- I will ONLY date X
- I don't date X because I HATE all people who are the color of X

see the difference?

yours are both preferences....
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 65
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/9/2010 6:49:00 AM

Lol, damn Rush, you had sex with every Italian and Dark Guy on earth, to find out whose best

my my, someone's been busy...
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 73
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/9/2010 11:39:18 AM
~OT~ I've never viewed myself as a racist when it comes to dating, but I suppose there is a element of that in me. I don't particular fancy Caucasians. I prefer those of the Hispanic/Portuguese/Basque/Spaniard persuasion. That's not written in stone, but I do seem to be more apt to meet/date those people than any others. I've had a long-term relationship with a Native American/Italian mix, but my history would show the other rationalities have been those I've preferred more often than not. Personal preferences are what they are. JMO
 melissa0607
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Interracial dating
Posted: 12/10/2010 5:47:22 AM

Lol, we have a new Olympic sport. This week it's the Italian "stallions" vs the "Mandingoes"........

LOL, that would be something. Too funny. When you manage to get that going, give me a shout
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Interracial dating