Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > intimate encounters-are married men more attractive?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 7
intimate encounters-are married men more attractive?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
ever think it is because

a) the married guy isn't going to want a big chunk of time
b) it is a lot easier to remain just FWB if you know the other person is taken already
c) it is unlikely a married guy would have time for more than the wife and one more
and the top reason....
d) they are oh so grateful

and as for being "something you can't have"....going by my experience, married men is all I can have
 SICutie
Msg: 11
intimate encounters-are married men more attractive?
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:42:38 AM
when my husband cheated on me i almost slit my wrists.

you gals are so cool.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

who_the_fox
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/6/2005 1:33:39 PM
I didn't say I wanted one nor did I make any judgement about right or wrong, I merely stated some facts.
 SICutie
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:30:57 AM
cheating is not about the sex. it's a character flaw.

you can't blame the cheated on partner.

now OT - no they are not more attractive. it's the whole thing with rejecting before being rejected. people know if they hook up with a married person they stand practically no chance of a relationship with them from the get go. no room to be rejected.

get some self confidence you silly freaks
 SICutie
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:56:05 AM
kce - hi!! and thanks

keswell or whatever - you aren't very intelligent and have no concept of the human condition i respectfully request you get the hell off my planet.

it IS a character flaw. the same as lying, stealing and mass murdering.
 SICutie
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:20:45 AM
so expalin people who have multiple affairs and a normal healthy sex life at home?

it's lying, cheating and betrayal. all of which are character flaws.

by the way, your profile is hilarious
 wannameetcha
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/8/2005 12:27:16 AM
If sex is all you seek, and you're married it would seem prudent and wise (provided you wish to remain so) to have relations with only those having more to lose than you. Not a guarantee of great results but certainly better odds than knocking off singles. Then I guess the disease factor would be a better % rate as well. Just thoughts.
 SICutie
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/8/2005 7:44:56 AM

married men are not more attractive.....

I have a married lover, he is my friend and I like sex.

hmmm hard to understand.

and if he was happy with his wife he wouldnt be bangin me.

so all you wives.......have sex and travel....

tatangel - as little as a week ago i would have went on and on about what a disgusting individual you are but i'm over it. karma isn't going to come in the form of a faceless person on the internet. won't mean anything to you.

just ask yourself this question...if he was happy with you why hasn't he left his wife?
 SICutie
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:48:51 AM
thanks rake.
 stoneside
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:58:01 PM
Not more attractive, their safer. Much less chance of hearing the "L" word from him. There was a time in my life all I would date are married women for that very reason. That was many moons ago, old guy now
 Della D
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/17/2012 2:02:03 PM
Wondering if anybody ever considered the plainly practical side of things when it comes to the advantages of married men for intimate encounters:

1. Married men can not ask for anything beyond intimate encounters, spell sex, (much less demand anything) as they have nothing to give and/or offer.

2. They are usually happy to see you, and are determined to make the best of the limited time together.

3. They do not crowd you and or overly infringe on your sparse spare time.

4. They do not stay overnight and harass you with outlandish breakfast expectations the following morning.

These few just came spontaneously to mind, but I'm sure that women who are actually looking for intimate encounters could extend the list significantly.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 75
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:20:51 PM

1. Married men can not ask for anything beyond intimate encounters, spell sex, (much less demand anything) as they have nothing to give and/or offer.

2. They are usually happy to see you, and are determined to make the best of the limited time together.

3. They do not crowd you and or overly infringe on your sparse spare time.

4. They do not stay overnight and harass you with outlandish breakfast expectations the following morning.

Hell, from having read the forums for the last few years, this also sounds like alot of the guys claiming to want "long term relationships" right here on Plenty of Fish.
 Answerman711
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 3:26:37 PM
i hate to break everyones bubble here, but here is how it really is..
the longer a marriage or relationship goes, the sex goes also.. so it forces sexually active men and women to look outside of the marriage for what they aren't getting at home, not all encounters are about sex, some just need someone to talk to and share, others need the sex,
and beleive it or not, most married people have the qualities that we find desireable..
cheating is a way of meeting needs that are important to keeping your life on tract and making you a full person..
and you can trust married people, most married women have established careers, they take
BIRTH CONTROL PILLS, they are safe, clean and desease free...they have had their kids and don't want anymore so guys don't have to worry about getting trapped...

now try to find that with single girls, its near impossible... most single girls depend on a stupid condom, they know nothing of birth control, they are very dangerous to play with, so most of the worth while good guys avoid them... nobody in their right mind wants to date and have sex and have a child on the way in a couple of months.. thats absurd to even consider...
and if anyone doults what i'm saying, just look around and see and listen to are the single mothers, most have not learned their lesson and guys are getting trapped by the hundreds and very very few are in a position to handle it...

so are relationships with married people more attractive, at this time i would have to say yes..
is it right,,, no
would i do it, no, i have already been there done that...
what do i do now, thats my special little secret...lol
kce

All so very true!
 ForumsCreeper
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 4:33:29 PM
Most married guys know- You get hit on more with your ring on than with it off.
Why? Could only speculate. Its a woman thing.
 Brunette4Ever4
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/18/2012 10:34:55 AM
Why would you slit your wrists? I would think you would want to slit his wrists, for starters.
 ted61
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/20/2012 11:15:27 AM
I think if a woman is basically happy in her situation, except for the physical, she would logically pick a married man to satisfy her. He has a life, will not become "clingy" or controlling. win/win
 Mozzily
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:38:22 PM
Its really scarry how many people are stalking the married market... I cant imagine inflicting that sort of pain/damage on the wife/husband of the person you are sleeping with for such petty reasons. get a divorce if your really that unhappy.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > intimate encounters-are married men more attractive?