Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Serious Question about the economy: How do we get off fossil fuels?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HedonistDrifter
Msg: 2
Serious Question about the economy: How do we get off fossil fuels? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
The technology has been in place for multi fuel vehicles for decades...Most military vehicles are already multi fuel.... There is also natural gas, although it is also quite expensive...Hydrogen, (free) or at least as cheep as water...technology for making your gas burning automobile partial hydrogen is now becoming available on the internet...You also are starting to see auto manufacturers cashing in on the fuel crisis...Lexus just launched their new hybrid SUV...and Toyota has had their models out for several years....
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Serious Question about the economy: How do we get off fossil fuels?
Posted: 9/8/2005 10:16:15 AM
Hydrogen - we could even use our waste water to produce it, using wind and solar power. We could save on water treatment, and even bring this down to a private house level.

Canadian scientists are even working on a solar paint, which generates a small amount of power per square foot - but can be used all over structures.

Converters could use solar power during the day ( while most people are away from home) to silently take water and convert at least a part of it to hydrogen fuel for later use in cars or power generation.

That could power a lot of things that currently use gas.

Here is a new hydrogen powered motorcycle that produces ( like any hydrogen powered engine) only water as a by product.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4353853.stm

All it takes is the vision to work towards this goal, and it could allow us to decrease our current energy needs - as well as reducing water treatment needs.
 Simlasa
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2005 11:39:48 AM
I think his suggestion/joke is that we should telecommute... thereby not using nearly as much gas/oil... I'm all in favor of telecommuting but I don't think employers are willing to relinquish their ability to micromanage people.
Wouldn't work at all for a lot of jobs... sales, manufacturing. Maybe corporate offices could get along with only having one or two days a week where everyone came in... but then they'd be renting office space and leaving it empty.
Plus there are all the security issues of having company files on computers at home... and travelling on public lines.

K
 Simlasa
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2005 1:03:55 PM
... because the hairy face will not get the promotion?

You're most likely right about the promotion thing... funny how a lot of our time is spent in similar fashion to lab rats who perform for food. Sort of like 'evolving' in place...

The Japanese have gone a lot more in the direction of the 'arcology' than we have in the West... that setup where you live in a company supplied home on the company campus and the shopping mall, business, theater... everything... is in the same big building. Take the elevator to work... after the morning's group calisthenics in the atrium.

Very cyberpunk.

K
 Double Cabin
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:23:08 PM
I understand Solar Energy may not be viable in many areas, but it is in our Southwest. I was quite p*i*s*s*e*d when Ronald Reagen got rid of the Solar Energy tax credit.

We have conserved before, we've got too again. The greatest conservationists are always open to change. I have no real answers, but an excellent question Dan.
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:10:36 PM
As always, the debate rages on about ridding ourselves of fossel fuels,......

Forget it,....as long as theres MONEY to be made,..the guys at BIG OIL,...aint gonna let you do it........

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY BOYS !

I mentioned before, in a thread thats now deleted,...that there are ways to dramaticly improve our vehicles fuel economy,........but BIG OIL,..wont allow that to happen,....

Every time someone developes a ways and means to get better Economy from our vehicles,....Big Oil,....puts in another "Additive", that breaks the molecular chain, of Thermal Cataletic Cracking,.......rendering it redundant.

For one of the best reads about all the Inventions made by dozens of different people,..please go to and read all the amazing little tid bits, about how we keep getting stopped by BIG OIL,..to get fantastic fuel milage,....

HIMAC RESEARCH
http://www.himacresearch.com/

If,....a little car like SATURN, can, and does get up to 40 MPG,....why dont we see more and more of these type cars on the road ? Because BIG OIL wants us to buy GAS HOGGS !

Saturn, gets better fuel milage, due to its Cam Lobe Profile, Valve Adjustment, and Ignition timing,...

Its just your basic 4 clyinder,.......like many other 4 cylinders,.....
Compaired to most Detriot cars, with the same basic engine, that only gets 18, to 22 MPG,......Saturn outshines them all.....
 tallskier
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 1:39:13 PM
Aclohol for fuel is not the same as aclohol you drink.

Exactly the same.

Hydrogen, (free) or at least as cheep as water

You can get hydrogen from water, but it is not free. The simplest method uses electricity to hydrolyze water into hydrogen and oxygen. Quite a bit of electriciy relative to the energy contained in the hydrogen produced.

Forget it,....as long as theres MONEY to be made,..the guys at BIG OIL,...aint gonna let you do it........

Just how are they going to stop you? Must be nice to have found an excuse to do nothing.
 d0rene
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 2:35:51 PM
Most countries have mass transit, and I think the time is coming when it needs to be here again.

Seriously, look at what you spend in fuel, vehicle prices, insurance, and mainteance for a vehicle. Not to mention the health cost associated with not walking. How much cheaper and more social would it be to commute at the same time with a mass of other people going the same direction? Inconvenient? Yeah. You might have to be on time at the train (hey, you have no IDEA how difficult that would be for me) but I would adapt and I would have time to do something on the commute. Plus I could be sure that the one driver was capable of driving and not overly tired or on medication or fleeing from a police vehicle.
 tallskier
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 3:30:51 PM

How much cheaper and more social would it be to commute at the same time with a mass of other people going the same direction?

Quite a bit.

The trouble is that the infrastructure is not cheap. It costs money to lay rails and install power for running trains. But hey, it's not your money, so it's no problem, right?
 cotter
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 7:59:50 PM

What will we replace it with?
Ummmmm ... anything but fossil fuels.

We need to stop using fossil fuels for travel and leave what remains of the fossil fuels there for future generations.

We need to find alternatives for fueling our travel vehicles.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 7:36:27 AM

The trouble is that the infrastructure is not cheap. It costs money to lay rails and install power for running trains. But hey, it's not your money, so it's no problem, right?

Well, let's see. Let's look at how much of our money we spend each year on vehicle and transportation related expenses. Cost of the vehicles themselves, maintenance, fuel, insurance, etc.... Then let's toss in how much we spend each year on medical costs related to increased pollution in the air. Maybe factor in the injuries and deaths from personal vehicle use compared to the much lower casualty rate associated with public transport.

Now tell me again, which is a less expensive use of OUR money? If we were to take just half of the above expenses and dedicate them to developing mass transit options, just think of the system we could come up with!

I live in a remote location, eight miles from the closest cash register, on a one lane road that sees maybe 15 vehicles pass by on a busy day. The thought of being serviced by public transportation seems far fetched indeed. But in the early 90's I spent two winters working in an even more remote part of Chile. Yet every day a bus passed by in each direction that could connect me to other buses and trains, planes, and ferries that could take me anywhere in the country for a fraction of what such a trip would cost in the US, if it was even an option.

Sometimes our fierce independence really gets in our way here. If we weren't so leery of pooling our resources for the greater good we would be much farther ahead than we are today.

At least that's my view,

Dave
 d0rene
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 9:45:25 AM

Look around - a lot of the infrastructure is already there. We just aren't maintaining it or using it because the American attitude is, "I don't want to sit around and wait or have to place myself in a situation where I don't have complete control."

And, yeah, it is my money. I would rather spend my dollars increasing the infrastructure in this country than improving it in countries which is what we have been doing for the last 40 years.
 VVendy
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/19/2009 8:04:44 PM
We had manditory flex fuel laws in the USA forever but a lot of gas stations refuse to sell plant based fuel. Here in CO we have just one site that I know of and it is in Brighton AKA heck and gone
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 7:05:02 AM
There are a lot of problems with hydrogen.

Most importantly, it takes more energy to isolate hydrogen than is recovered through its use, so it should be thought of more as a battery than as a fuel source. In that case, there are a lot better batteries to be had.

Fuel cells require special metals that won't get any cheaper through economy of scale increases in production, meaning that we'll have to pay around $60,000 for our fuel cells, plus the costs of building cars around them.

We don't yet have the means of carrying enough hydrogen on a vehicle to get very far. It's the lightest element on the periodic chart, so it's hard to pack a lot of it into a small space, and it also means it will leak out of containers that would hold other gasses.

And when it does leak, just the friction of escaping through a tiny pinhole can ignite it into a hot colorless flame that radiates little heat. You can't tell such a torch is going until you encounter it directly.

Those are just a few of the challenges facing Hydrogen.

But while we don't yet have a hydrogen infrastructure, we DO have an electricity infrastructure, and pure electric cars make a lot more sense.

Electric motors are cheap and last a long, long time. There's no reason an electric car couldn't serve a consumer for a million miles. They offer much more torque than internal combustion engines. That's why trains are diesel/electric. The only missing piece of technology has been good enough batteries, but Lithium Ion looks to be the answer to that.

We could also address the off-peak power issue raised in an above post. All we need to do is change the way we pay for electricity as individual consumers to mimic industrial consumers - pay on a sliding scale based on time of day. Then we could charge our cars up at night when the juice is cheap, and if we didn't drive anywhere the next day we could sell the energy back when it was worth a lot more. We'd get paid for staying home!

I predicted five years ago that pure electric vehicles would be common on our roads long before fuel cell vehicles, and judging by the recent automotive news, I was right. It just makes sense.

Dave
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 8:26:21 AM

Yes, but see..we're back to toxic batteries again.

Lithium Ion, as well as the Nickel Metal Hydride batteries found in the Prius, can be and almost always are recycled.

I do agree that it would be great to have Tesla's technology at our disposal. I have a friend who has been working on his own to try to duplicate what he did and take what would have been his next steps, but he has yet to achieve the success he would like. That would open up an entirely new set of options.

Until then, we have to go with the best option available, and I continue to believe that's pure electric cars.

Dave
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 5:47:28 AM
Oil is KING !

If,....the Major Oil Compaineys would of been creating vehicles that get 50 + MPG, we never would of been in this mess,..but as long as were willing to pay through the nose at the gas pump, and make these Companies Rich,...their not gonna change,....

You all know that, yet you bicker about trying to explane, and justify your thoughts to impress yourselves,.....

A couple of good ideals tho,.....

But,......I've always thought of magnetic propulsion to be one of the best atternatives,

Look at the Tram Railways that Japan introduced,....the Push Pull effect of Magnetic
propulsion is able to move a train that weighs tonnes,.....and do it at amazing speeds.

Yet you NEVER hear about it anymore..

Immagine, a car,...that used Compressed Air, and Magnetic propulsion to get moving,..

A set of 4 wheel Disc Brake Rotors, can be made into magnets to propel the car, and create electric energy to power all the electric needs for lights, radios, etc,....keeps the Air tanks filled,..and keeps recharging itself,
as it runs......no need to stop and plug into the grid and charge your batterys up, before you can move on.

The compressed air,...gets the vehicle moving,..the magnetic push pull effect takes over,...the campressed air, and battery is kept charged up, by the vehicle while moving, and able to travel at safe highway speeds, from coast to coast without having to stop, except to streach your legs,..or eat.

Theres several good You Tube Videos, that show how people have put their ideals to use, if your interested in viewing them.
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 11:25:19 AM
Just how are they going to stop you? Must be nice to have found an excuse to do nothing.

(Must be nice to find a Fourm where you can point fingers and make your own excuses for critizing people.)

How has the "Powers that be",..always stopped people ? By buying up Copyrights, and Patents, to curtail mass production of any major new inovation that could, and would cut into the PROFITS OF BIG OIL !

Please, if you have nothing POSITIVE to add, why do you bother ? Lets see you Prove,...or even "Disprove" someones post, instead of just blowing hot air.

Gee,..Maybe HOT AIR could be a "Renewable Energy Source",..if we got enough people like you to blow into hoses,....LOL,....

There are lots of Alternatives out there,.....Wind,..Solar,...Geothermal,.....going Green,....

As far as Powering Autos,.....BIG OIL OWNS THE BUSINESS,.....but,...there are lots of alternatives,..if you look,.....and have the money,....such as,....

A car that runs 200 miles on compressed air.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztFDqcu8oJ4
All for about $15,000

Compressed Air Gasoline Hybrid Engine-50% less fuel-Part I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g32TlHgxbuY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkrVwpm9Gwc&feature=related

82 Miles per gallon! OMG!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3JTsC9_Q7o

and, its not a Hybred,.....
and its actually 68 miles per US gallon

But Id LOVE to have a vehicle that gets 68 MPG,
wouldnt you ?

100MPG Car ! 1c per mile 1000Miles per tank of gas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVkIZQj-flc&feature=related

Combine something like these concepts,..with constant replenshing, constant propulsion,.....and you would have a vehicle that would run as long as you like, and as far as youd like,..when ever youd like,.....

I still like the High Speed Magnetic Propulsion idea, for high way speeds.
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 12:09:31 PM
Magnetic Propulsion,...I believe the first patents were issiued in 1903 and 1907,..
yeah,....a LONG time ago,...LOL

Maglev (transport)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation_train

Commercial operation
The first commercial Maglev "people-mover" was officially opened in 1984 in Birmingham, England. It operated on an elevated 600-metre (2,000 ft) section of monorail track between Birmingham International Airport and Birmingham International railway station. It ran at 42 km/h (26 mph) until the system was eventually closed in 1995 due to reliability and design problems.
The best-known high-speed maglev currently operating commercially is the IOS (initial operating segment) demonstration line of the German built Transrapid train in Shanghai, China that transports people 30 km (18.6 miles) to the airport in just 7 minutes 20 seconds, achieving a top speed of 431 km/h (268 mph), averaging 250 km/h (150 mph).
Other commercially operating lines exist in Japan, such as the Linimo line. Maglev projects worldwide are being studied for feasibility. In Japan at the Yamanashi test track, current maglev train technology is mature, but costs and problems remain a barrier to development. Alternative technologies are being developed to address those issues.

The Way of the Future,..is often burried in the Past.
 tallskier
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 10:26:07 AM

How has the "Powers that be",..always stopped people ? By buying up Copyrights, and Patents, to curtail mass production of any major new inovation that could, and would cut into the PROFITS OF BIG OIL !

Got any examples?
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2009 3:58:39 PM
Got any examples?

DO YOU ?

Why, cant YOU, come up with "Examples", to refute anything that YOU dont agree with ? Instead of these attempts to belittle people,......in your lame attempts to make others look bad, you only do discredit to yourself......and try to hijack threads.

I think your more of a "TROLL", than anything else.

I dont think ,....."America",..will get off Fossil Fuels,...untill the American public DEMANDS, Cars, that are alternative sources to Gas, or Hybreds.

Time and time again,..inventors, and free thinkers have toiled and troubled themselves
in countless hours of hard work to create something, such as a more Fuel Efficient Carburators,...only to find out that "Someone Else Holds The Patent",..such as General Motors,...and FORD MOTOR CAR COMPANY.......

There are several websites available, (YOU LOOK THEM UP),....that explanes how with the proper carburator, and fuel,....most vehicles can gain 20 to 50% better Fuel Milage,.....except everytime
someone does exactly that,....the Petrol Companies put in another additive, that wont allow better, or complete combustion, therefore keeping us a slave to the gas pump, and paying whatever price they demand.

Other websites,..will show you how "PATENTS" have been bought up by GENERAL MOTORS, ...FORD, ...EXON/MOBILE,...etc,....to prevent the general public from ever seeing these Fuel Saving Ideals,......

You do know what a PATENT,..IS DONT YOU ?

Dictionary: patent (pat'nt)
n.
a. A grant made by a government that confers upon the creator of an invention the sole right to make, use, and sell that invention for a set period of time.
b. Letters patent.
c. An invention protected by such a grant.

adj.
a. Protected or conferred by a patent or letters patent: a patent right.
b. Of, relating to, or dealing in patents: patent law.

Investment Dictionary: Patent

A government license that gives the holder exclusive rights to a process, design or new invention for a designated period of time.

Marketing Dictionary: patent

Government grant of exclusive rights to sell an item or to license its manufacture. U.S. Patents are effective for 17 years, at which point the exclusivity is void. Patents are usually granted to the designer/inventor of the item if the patent is applied for and approved before knowledge of the design becomes part of the public domain.

If the sole purpose of buying the outsider patent is to eliminate the competition, the amortization period is the remaining life of the company's patent that is being protected.

US Supreme Court: Patent

Authorized by Article I, section 8, of the Constitution “to promote the progress of science and useful arts” by granting exclusive rights to authors and inventors “for limited times,” Congress made patents broadly available to “whosoever invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, manufacture or composition of matter.”

In practice, however, the Supreme Court in Graham v. John Deere Co. (1966) denied Congress the power “to remove existent knowledge from the public domain, or to restrict free access to materials already available” (p. 6),

while the Court's decisions in the recent past so limited the enforcement of patent rights that Justice Robert Jackson stated in a dissent his belief that

“the only patent that is valid is one this Court hasn't been able to get its hands on”

(Jungersen v. Ostby, 1949). In this way, echoes of the nineteenth-century controversy concerning the social utility of a patent system influenced the Supreme Court's thinking well into the twentieth century, particularly its belief that the useful arts prospered best when free market competition was unhindered by legal monopolies.8

Although the patent statute of 1793 had already set down the substantive prerequisites of novelty and utility, the Supreme Court derived a third requirement of “invention” (i.e., inventiveness) from the language of the Constitution. It was this controversial standard of invention, first articulated in Hotchkiss v. Greenwood (1850), that had enabled the Supreme Court to invalidate patents in twenty significant cases between 1930 and 1950, a period in which the Court upheld only five patents.

Only five patents,...gee,...thats our Government for ya,...LOL

Effects
A patent is not a right to practice or use the invention.[1] Rather, a patent provides the right to exclude others[1] from making, using, selling, offering for sale, or importing the patented invention for the term of the patent, which is usually 20 years from the filing date.

So,..in effect,..when Major Oil Companies,...and Major Auto Companies, aqquire a "Patent",..they useually hold onto them for dear life,....cause gawd forbid, if anyone should get their hands on information on how to turn a gas guzzling behemoth into a better running, cleaner burning, more fuel efficient vehicle,.......Gasp !

Theres a lot of Snake Oil Charmers out there, that will sell you a nickle for a buck,....
but there are means of producing better fuel efficient vehicles without major changes,

It just involves reworking Cam Profiles, Valve Settings, and Ignition Timing.......in order to get a more complete combustion, producing more power,...less emissions, and better fuel milage........

Just look at the Saturn 4 Cylinder as an example,.....35 t0 38 MPG all day long in City Driving,....and 40+ MPG on Highways,......

The Saturn 4 cylinder is basicly just the same as the 4 cylinder Ford, Chevy, or Dodge,.
except they get about 18 MPG,..if your Lucky.

If,...Detriot,..and the Major Petro Companies would give us the correct cars,...and the correct Fuel (without the power robbing additives),...it would be simple to get vehicles that could attain 50 MPG,....without retooling anything.
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:10:41 AM
The problem is that the government has been stepping in on behalf of the oil companies to prevent alternative fuels and sources from coming to market. From denying patents to lying to the general public, from refusing licensing to regulating alternative fuels to death. Government frequently interferes in the marketplace at the behest of oil companies, trial lawyers (DNC's biggest donor), unions, airlines, shipping giants, government contractors, and even multinational corporations. Foreign owned companies are using our own government to block private competition, driving up prices for consumers here.
 tallskier
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 11:23:06 AM
John D. Rockefeller, William Randolph Hearst, paid for prohibition..Eighteenth Amendment........ killing ethanol ("the fuel of the future"Henry Ford)

These are examples of "buying up patents and copyrights"?

Why, cant YOU, come up with "Examples", to refute anything that YOU dont agree with ?

I didn't make the claim. Someone else did. I asked them for examples. Sorry you don't like it.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/29/2009 12:56:26 PM
I grew up with a man who now works for a company that has designed vehicles that don't use gasoline. He says the reason they are not being used is because the governments are being paid by gasoline and vehicle companies so it's not in their best interest to prioritize global welfare.

Nutt
 BikerBiker53
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2009 11:31:45 AM
I grew up with a man who now works for a company that has designed vehicles that don't use gasoline. He says the reason they are not being used is because the governments are being paid by gasoline and vehicle companies so it's not in their best interest to prioritize global welfare.

That pretty much sums up the general concensus amoung most educated people,.......the general public believies that the Major Oil Compainies are, and have been surpressing the use of vehicles that use alternate power, or a combination, to reduce our dependency of Fossil Fuel,.....

But some people think that is just an excuse, or "Cop Out", when we mention that the "Government" is surpressing anyones efforts to create a vehicle that uses something beside fossil fuels as its main source of power,.......

Its a "Combination",........sure,...Big Oil doesnt want us to suddenly cut them out of the picture,......thats how they make their money,.........the Government,..has its stake in Big Oil too,.....and of course they dont want to lose any income associated with Big Oil either,.......

But,....when people demand,...cleaner air,...better running vehicles,...less cost,......it gets the attention,...but as far as getting it off the drawing table,...onto the streets takes time,.......of course.

If,...the Auto manufactures would of been creating better vehicles,...years ago,..when told by Congress,.......to clean up its act,.......we would already have more cars on the road, that not only run better, reduce emmissions,...but would get better fuel milage...

We do have a few Vehicles that are an improvement, and the demand for these type of vehicles continue to grow,....and hopefully it wont take another 30 to 40 years to get it done..........but the Major Auto Manufactures,....are still going to focus mainly on Fossil Fuel as its power source,........which would be ok in my book, as long as they get better fuel milage,....reduce emissions,....and dont cost an arm and a leg.

Like I've said before,..........we have the tecnology at our finger tips,......already on the streets,......being driven every day,.......

Im NOT,..trying to "Plug", Saturn,.....Im just useing it as an example of a vehicle that gets 35 MPG all day long,.......

Originaly,......it was a compairson between Volkswagon, and Porsche,......practically identical motors,...yet the VW BUG,.....was tame, compaired to the Porsche,...........

WHY??????????

Because,...as I've mentioned before,...........

Cam,......(cam lobe profile)
Valve Adjustment,........
Ignition Timing,............

Now a days YOU must take into consideration Gasoline Octane, and Compression ratio's,..............

But,..even every car on the road today,....can, and would, be able to run better,....burn cleaner,...and get better fuel milage,....if the Auto Manufactures would just install a better Cam,....use different Valve adjustment,.....and Ignition timing,.............

Simple,....easy,.......but not the way to make $$$MONEY$$$,........

These autos, are mass produced, and made to get by with a bare minimum of regulation code requirements enforced (barely) by the EPA, and other sanctioning requirements by the Government and Insurance Companies.

Fuel Milage,..is sometime greatly exgagerated (MOST of THE TIME)

We are seeing cars that do get really great gas milage, compaired to others,.......

maybe NOW,...that the "Big Three",..are all in need of a Government Bail Out,.......there will be some Major Changes in the way everyone looks at things,.....
but dont hold your breath,.........

Id like to see a car,.....that is able to not only start itself from a dead stop, and attain highway speeds,......but replenish itself, as its driven,...be it Air Power,......Electric Power,.....Magnetic Propulsion,...or a combination of two of the above........

There are dozens of Videos available to view on several websites,......if you care to look,..of vehicles that have been converted,.....and of new types that have been built,
that are great examples of what we can do..........

But cutting "Big Oil" out of the picture,.....will really "Hurt Their Feelings",....LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Serious Question about the economy: How do we get off fossil fuels?