Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is it just me or do women just start getting good after 30      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is it just me or do women just start getting good after 30Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
We are all better for experience and those that have used it to build character.
 darkhorse723
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is it just me or do women just start getting good after 30
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:18:34 PM
I agree, 30 is a damn fine quality meter. They usually know what they want by then.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 3:36:27 PM
Maddie, I would suggest there are more of us with class than you might think. I greatly appreciate good women of any age, yet it seems I appreciate how experience/seasoning makes all of us better more and more every day.
 mcbobly
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:33:52 PM
I agree, by then all the game playing is over and they are more aware of what they want and are great to hang out with/date and be around.
 justjeff
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/12/2005 11:00:56 AM
Hope I dont offend anyone but has been my experienc that somewhere around the 30 mark you ladies hormones kick in, and I think that is a wonderful thing!!
 RockDotChic
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:25:25 AM
VERY wonderfully worded, Menmy~

A very positive posting. And so very true!! :o) Women after 30 have "lived a little", and posess a more grounded, realisitic outlook in life.... we have ALL been "20 something". I don't think I have ever heard any woman over 30 preferred being in their twenties. Of course we all like to feel young and energetic, but I am happy with aspects of my life and mind now in my 30's, that were not present while in my 20's.

A very rude immature 22 yr old girl on this site, makes reference to my "38" in her profile as "Middle aged" wannabe model yada yada, whatever! With age definitely comes maturity (mental) that can only be attained from life experiences.

SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/31/2006 6:46:01 AM
I spent my twenties trying to figure men AND other women out(no I am not bi!)hehe.....and then in my thirties I realized.....it doesnt matter!...

everyone has their own personality..and it makes us who we are..man OR woman....

I just laugh.....and enjoy life...and keep my peepers and my ears open for my soulmate..(yes...alas.."sigh"..still looking).....

I feel great...I am healthy ..happy..successful....and well loved by God and family..what more can a woman ask for?......(whispers....well..darn...a sweet sexy...best friend would be great)LOL

SheDevil
 Sin*ful
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2006 3:33:32 AM

I dont know i was an am good no matter how old i am..something for all of you to think about...does this mean when the next posts askes are you better at 80 then you were at 50 what are you gonna answer.... ahhhhhhhhhhhh HELLOOOOOOOOO... Wowza I am glad you feel that way etc... OMG a forum done up by a pull tag,,I never like to be rude but..how stupid..go to other over 30 groups and watch and listen and take notes...this was done in 2005...no wonder nobody has answered to your forum but i could not restrain myslef .
 c_deacon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2006 8:03:22 AM
Maturity for both of the sexes makes most better.......

Life experiences, knowledge, mental and physical growth......all combine to make us better within and on the outside.......Just a matter of knowing how to maintain it and deal with it as we age.....

Just my opinion.....
 TimothyAL
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2006 8:09:15 AM
In my experience, women after 30 are more mature, more confident, and have more realistic goals in life. Plus 20 something women look like kids to me these days. Being 47, I don't identify with pop culture to the extent I used too. For instancce. Young people at work love fancy rims and low profile tires. They look weird and stupid to me.

But beside all that, women in their 30's and 40's have always been more attractive to me. I think it has to do with the way they carry themselves and are self assured.

Tim
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/7/2006 6:29:56 PM
What a nice surprise. Finally ~ a thread filled with positive and encouraging thoughts. Nice way to end the weekend.
 sparticuss
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/10/2006 1:20:45 AM
I disagree completely. At 30 they are divorced manhaters with a kng sized attitude problem towards men.
 sparticuss
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:52:56 PM
No offense meant "double cabin". However, there is surely a short supply of "the classy, appreciative of older women" type here in Florida. For some reason all I personally run into down here are the "old farts" looking to hook up with younger women, and men who are my age (or close to it) who are looking for the 30-somethings.

Dont you believe it Maddie

There are a few old farts getting round with younger women but it's the younger women who are looking to hook up with them, not the other way round. Half of those younger women are still young enough and stupid enough to think that if it's old then its rich. The idea that a rental trailer park, away from the main tourist areas, where you dont' pay heating bills, might be the cheapest pleasant spot for an old fart to live is beyond the thinking of these young women.

There's a second reason.
A lot of these young women try to tease the old farts. but because the old farts have been so badly hurt by previous relationships, they don't take the bait and they just walk away. This offends the ego of the young women and they hotly pursue the old farts.
 sparticuss
Msg: 77
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:38:33 PM
Lets see.

From the young mans point.

- All girls are princesses and should look like that and behave like that. So I will treat them like princesses and expect them to conduct themselves as such

From the young womans point. -

- All young men are supposed to be handsome princes and had better be the handsome princes that they are pretending to be or I'm going to treat them like dirt.

From the older mans point. -

No women are princesses. There are women and there are ****es. The women I will treat like women. The ****es I will just avoid like the plague.

From the older womans point

- Men are either men or bs/ds. I won't treat men like dirt if they arent princes. I will treat them like men.

I don't know if the women get any better. In fact I very much doubt it.
I am absoloutely sure that the men get totally intolerant of being treated like dirt and any woman who does so is left totally bewildered that they men arent still beating a path to her door.
ie The men ONLY see those women who have gotten their act sorted out. The rest they avoid like the plague.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/15/2006 6:29:46 AM
Young hardbodies are nice, but I think women really don't become women till after they turn 30. So if anyone agrees or disagrees heres your chance to say so. Oh and thanks to all you ladies over 30

What about hardbodies over 30? Yes, you can have it all.

Life was great in my 20s, but it totally got better after 30. I definitely agree with that one, I am living proof of it.
 pebbles_2006
Msg: 84
Posted: 8/16/2006 9:28:31 PM
Im 36 and I often times still mistaken to be 26 which is flattering to me. It was funny few years back i went to my Stepdaughter & my Stepson's school to meet with the Guidance counsellor.... i was standing in the hallway with my backpack seeing i just came to the library & borrowed books the Principal thought I was a student who is lost finding my way... to me that was flattering that at 35 I can still pass as I am in high school that was funny....

When I go to the liquor store Or the bar they still ID me for thinking I am younger than how I look....

Women after 30 like I am.... we tend to be aware of the fine lines in our faces & BOTOX is not the answer either.. its good health, good man & lots of good sex I tell u....... the younger the better as my friends would say.....

Like recently I brought a friend whom I was out with on a date & my friends/co workers look at me like I am an ICON.... that i still have the magic touch.

I am confident of who i am & Having that guy with me was something I am proud of. Not only did he impressed my friends but I was impressed with him also. I dont say it quite often but he was A nice man who I would wish to date bec he made an impression to everyone that my age never bothered him one bit & to me that impressed me about him.....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/21/2006 1:28:45 PM
^^^ Women in their 30's actually give before receive? Since I can remember I like to make sure I have a man who comes over, gives (for as long as it takes) and then is willing to go home without asking for or getting anything - even if that's not what happens in the end. It's a walk on faith. As my ex has said many times - men get what they want by default, but it's a much more enjoyable experience if they make damn sure we are satisfied before that happens...

Then again, I AM almost 40. So maybe that's why. Nevermind.
 jojo67
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2007 11:59:03 PM
over 30 for sure ;)
 danreeves
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/19/2007 2:26:29 PM
I am almost 65 and I will take any over thirty women anytime Yes they do mature and seem "better" with age-give me granny anytime lol
 sick of drama!
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/26/2007 5:03:08 PM
i thnk its WAY harder to meet good women after age 30! more baggage, issues, & games. i thought for sure this wouldnt be the case! boy was i dissapointed.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 133
Posted: 2/2/2007 10:49:36 AM
^^Exactly newinva. Things don't have to go downhill after 30, unless you want them to. And it's not vanity, it's better on your body, your mind and your self esteem to stay healthy fit and young minded. In life body, mind and spirit if you don't use it, you will lose it.

Granted, everyone is where they want to be in life or they would change it. Live and let live, but for me I decided that I would keep my shape for as long as I could. Actually at this point in my life I'm in better shape than I was in my 20s. I didn't work out much then - I didn't have to really, but you can totally see the difference.

So some of us women do keep the stamina and shape of our youth after 30, and then add in all the wisdom and experience, and financial stability. Killer combination.

: )
 sick of drama!
Msg: 137
Posted: 3/1/2007 3:42:19 PM
Still wishing here too, Karen!
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/17/2007 11:40:27 AM

Young hardbodies are nice, but I think women really don't become women till after they turn 30. So if anyone agrees or disagrees heres your chance to say so. Oh and thanks to all you ladies over 30

Your post has it's points..maturity in a Woman speaks volumes in attractiveness etc...How a Woman carries Herself with elegance can be a real turn on....going right into their 40's when they hit their sexual prime....
 pylgrym
Msg: 154
Posted: 4/17/2007 7:54:04 PM
A M E N ! Thank you, sister! Thank you!
'
 smiles0527
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:32:44 PM
Happy to see that many of the men seem to be aware that we really do get better with age! I will be 42 this month and feel that I have earned the right to know what I want, how I want it and am willing to work at getting it....the trick is keeping it!!! Happy hunting , and looking forward to more years of experience and growth!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is it just me or do women just start getting good after 30