Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > recovering from addiction....is there any hope for love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jaxxion
Msg: 1
view profile
History
recovering from addiction....is there any hope for love?Page 1 of 1    
hello.....im just wondering if there is any hope on this site for a person who has come a long way from addiction but is now ready for a honest and loveing relationship........
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 2
recovering from addiction....is there any hope for love?
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:16:59 PM
Hello jaxxion:

In what is "addiction" in reference to???drugs?
I can tell you first hand when you come down to earth from any habitual influences-yes there's still life in the world of a loving healthy relationship. As what ever addiction this pertains to, I'll use drugs as an example here. Drugs cause delusions and temporary euphoria.

Not being able to grasp the real identity with caring. Being sober or drug-free enables one to accept reality and see things more clearly..It is best to wait untill full therapy of healing is complete.
i hope this helped as I found it unclear as to what you were asking.
If you were speaking of other members or yourself-I guess that isn't important.
 jaxxion
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:41:14 PM
yes i was refering to drugs or my drug use to be exact.......well yes your info has been helpfull..thanxxxx......
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:52:54 PM
first...congrats for CHOOSING to change instead of making excuses.

second...hope is what you make it. there are tons of books out there
that have tremendous info to acheive your hopes, desires, aspirations.
instead of eating dust...make dust!
go for it brother...
 fishbill
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/13/2005 12:07:42 AM
Speaking from experience: be clean at least one year, complete your program, get all your other responsibilities in order, and whatever you do "DONT BE SELFISH". People in recovery need to be honest, or you will relapse. And take it easy nothing too serious (sex is ok, if its not selfish). DONT TAKE A HOSTAGE!
 Knight Rider
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/13/2005 12:18:14 AM
jaxx,my friend Kenith was really heavy into drugs,ruled his life for the most
part and I was told to stay clear from him!

But I knew his mother,and his familly,and I took on the shore of saving him from his
habbits!

It was hard and there was a lot of hits and misses,but to keep the story short,he
recovered,he's no longer a user!

A few years later,he met this wonderfull woman,and they fell in love with each other,
he told her about his past and the drugs litterly controled his life,he kept no secrets
from her!
They stayed together and a year later they got married,now it's been 3 yrs and they're
still going strong and still very much in love with each other!

So Jaxx,yeah,you can count on finding love again,thaught my little true story could help
you believe again!!

Knight Rider!
 azblueskies57
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:41:41 AM
I, for one, applaud this man for stepping forward. No one else here would (OMG, women will see this and never want to date me!). Yes, there is. I was an alcoholic and druggie back then and I know God can change all. Get help, this won't be easy, you need support people. I am sure there is even someone here to help, locally. But please do not focus on a relationship, focus on you. And things will get better. Also, one thing if I might, you really shouldn't hook up with users or people in recovery themselves. It will be better to be by yourself.

God Bless and good luck dude.
 cutiepokerplayer
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/15/2006 1:03:48 AM
Hi! I am not sure what your addiction is.. possibly drug and alcohol addiction. I am in college studying this right now.. I want to be a drug counselor. I've learned from taking classes that the first thing you need to do is get better and recover. Often people relapse (addiction). Many people have relationships and are married that have addictions. So many people have some sort of addiction although there are different degrees. You have to be happy with yourself, healthy, and stable mentally, emotionally and physically to get involved in a relationship otherwise it will usually fail. Take your time and get better!
 barnatic
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/24/2006 8:37:12 AM
a recovery addict lives a diffrent life style then the life you once had. i did try it and could not do it i had to walk away cause my kids became a risk. but i do wish every one the best of luck if your in love with a recovering addict
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > recovering from addiction....is there any hope for love?