Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What would make u throw up if u ate??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nermineamer
Msg: 1
What would make u throw up if u ate??Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What food do you really hate to eat that you can almost throw up if you even smelled it?? mine is FISH except for calamari (though my whole family loves fish so i'm having a hard time) and i hate milk...i can't even smell it...this might be weird but then again thats meee :)
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What would make u throw up if u ate??
Posted: 9/18/2005 2:49:54 PM
the thought of liver makes my upper lip tremble...
my mother fried it up with onions in a pan when i was a kid,
i remember being left with a cold plate of the stuff and a piece of bread,
in the dark dining room off our kitchen in the hopes i'd eat it.
to no avail i am proud to report,
i'd rather go to bed with an empty growling tummy on those nights!
but i adore some varieties of pate, lol...
why would we wanna eat some animal's organ whose sole purpose is to detox said animal?
people were very very brave to try some things long ago...
 Nighted
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:18:22 PM
Cat, not that it smells bad or tastes bad...kinda like chicken. But there's a slight gag factor considering how cute kitty was.
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:49:25 PM
Oh yuck Dallas.....lol

I talked in another thread about how I love my grandparents food, but I have tried a lot of stuff there to turn my tummy too.....like rabbit, augh, turtle soup, double augh, deer, not fond of it at all

I have the saddest story about the turtle soup......Every week we have a dinner at my great grandparents house on Sunday, well when I was little me and my cousins found out my grandparents were keeping a turtle in a big ole oil drum....every week we would feed it and poke and prod at it with a stick....one week the turtle wasnt there anymore, and guess what granny fed up that week? TURTLE SOUP!!! I was heartbroken

Oh and possum.YUCK my granny has a can of possum in her hutch and I kid you not the label says
~Sun Dried Possum~
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/18/2005 11:52:59 PM
by the way....I cant stand fish!!!!!! but I do like canned tuna, crab legs, shrimp, and lobster.....but anything that has that fishy taste like catfish or anything like that

YUCK~~~~~~~~~~~
oh and I dont eat raw bologna, it has to be fried black for me to touch it, same way with hotdogs...i cant stand them raw but will eat them grilled....Im not real picky but I cant stand American sliced cheese, I eat any other type of cheese just not that.......

I cant drink whole white milk, but if you thrown in a lil hersheys chocolate syrup, you have my favorite drink...lol lil weird I know
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:38 PM
sea cucumbers...
 samo714
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:25:12 AM
chile
papaya
spring rolls
pretty much any veggie
1/2 of all types of fruits that exist.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2005 4:26:56 PM
poi and vegemite both stink as bad as they taste to me.
i know, i know, 2 different countries, regions, continents even.
but ick, sorry...
i found out the difficult way, in asia, after being medi-evaced to the closest hospital on some hill and promptly iv'd for dehydration. for me, that oxtail broth was somewhat of an elixer, and now i think they make the richest stock ever.
i found the soup broth from them heaven after 2 weeks there and unable to keep anything
in my stomach.
no on else likes them, i've been as yet unable to convince anyone of their value or worth.
since i dont like liver, i've asked why i'd want to eat the detoxifying organ of a large animal.
i have been asked in return, and wuickly too, why i'd consume broth from marrow of the tail of any animal, it being right above it's ***hole...
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/27/2005 6:33:10 PM
yumm I love Cheese Whiz
 azblueskies57
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/28/2005 9:32:25 AM
I think it would have to be Haggis!!!!
 berrysweetncgurl
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/28/2005 3:34:22 PM
ewwww from what I read about Haggis...it would definatly give me the queezies
 azblueskies57
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:25:10 AM
And any pastuerized processed cheese food product (the labelling doesn't even call them cheese!), such as yep, cheese whiz, velveeta, american cheese.
 grplaman
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:11:32 AM
afterwards.....................a Turban or a Smock.
 Suzi_Snowflake
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/9/2005 1:10:49 PM
Oh God I hate weiners.
 KittyBratt
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:40:56 PM
sauerkraut (spellcheck?)
picking up an old soda can with cig butts in it thinking it was a fresh cold one...GULP... & spew.. bleh!
tuna helper
anything ethiopian, curry- (except that really yummy yellow rice stuff.. mmm ), or REAL sushi.. as in raw fish.. ugh
and can't forget that damned loafed meat.. like spam in a can crap with pimentos and cheese bits smushed into the "meat" 4 u inside the package... Gawd who ever thought of such poo???

and i hope i dont offend anyone with this next lil' add-in of mine.. so if u tendbe easily offended please skip to the next post instead of sending me f*u*'ked up msgs :)... anyhoo.. all that talk came to remind me of a funny/raunchy joke i saw online a long time ago...

Q. What tastes good on pie, but bad on pu*7ss*5y?
A. Crust

lol!
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Egypt
Posted: 1/10/2006 11:30:52 PM
Subject:Egypt I tried to write you an e-mail through your site , but based on your age restrictions I was unable to, so I am going this way. I have a daughter that loves everything about Egypt and was wondering what I could do to get some authentictated items from over there.
wtf; atomicbutterfly appears to have not only landed, but self imploded and nuked itself. damn microwaves.

now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
thank you for your patience for any slight delay.
you will find a suggestion box to your left as you head out the right entrance doors off the balcony seating arena. would you kindly hand me that piano? smiles sweetly, then
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2006 4:54:40 PM

He said the dog's breath stank for a week and everytime it came near him he wanted to puke again.
ewwwwww...

i am soo thankful i wasn't offered jumping salad when i visited the phillipines.
never even heard of that, and it sounds horrid, child or not!
 FullMoonWisdom
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/29/2006 12:44:10 AM
Mountain Oysters!!! I know, I've had em and they made me blow chunks. Yuck
If you don't know what they are, they're Beff Balls!
 SewerRat
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2006 1:14:22 AM
Ugh, Chicken and Beef mixed in any form is stomach twisting. Its bad enough people eat chicken and beef. The way they keep those animals, and the amount of steriods and hormones they are given, is unbelievable. Its even bad with milk, but milk and dairy products are so hard to aviod. Sometimes I throw up a little when I eat ice cream (which is rarly)
 Kid Wicked
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/30/2006 12:07:04 AM
poop.

and pizza hut.
 ladymorgan
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:52:25 PM
I lived in Pennsylvania for several years and they made some very gross things to eat. Scrapple is one thing and then there is this dish made with a pigs stomach stuffed with potatoes and seasonings. After it is cooked they cut the stomach up and eat it with the potatoes, soooooo gross.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/24/2006 11:12:21 AM
Hey Dallas..i think the "Scrapple" is also called...."Head Cheese" That's what i was going to put. It also has the hairs from the pigs nose it in...feels like stubble!! YUCK..... Also anything they eat on that show"FEAR FACTOR".
 Blackbry
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:02:21 PM
Balut.

Its a Filipino food thats a boiled, fertilized duck egg. So essentially its like cracking open an egg and slurping down a chick.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2006 4:02:35 PM
balut is boiled?
as i recall from days in phillipines it was fermented, buried in the ground.
i heard the bones are crunchy...
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 27
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:42:43 AM
Dallas...I stand corrected! LOL...Both sounded the same...I wouldn't eat either though!
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What would make u throw up if u ate??