Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Guys is this true???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mcbobly
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Guys is this true???Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Sadly there are guys out there that don't want the responsibility of raising another man kids and then there are some of us that have no problem with it at all. But I would say that a good man will have no issues with you already having children. And to answer your question, no, it's not a preprogrammed genetic thing in men to want just their own kids only, for some it is simply a preferance, for others it is not an issue at all. I personally have no problem what so ever dating a woman with kids already, I have in fact dated and later married a single mother and would do it again if the situation presented itself.
 Macadamianut191
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 10/27/2008 1:07:52 PM
I've been lucky enough to have loved and been loved by a woman with 3 daughters, and all I can say is this; if you love someone enough, then you take the entire package. Maybe I'm lucky in that I had 2 kids of my own from a previous marriage, and so there was no imperative to have any more, although I would have liked us to have a child that was uniquely ours. For me, the object of my affection is far more important than any other consideration and I don't set conditions for that affection. is all.
 dougeo
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 10/27/2008 3:35:06 PM
It sounds like a piss poor excuse... what would i call it a genetic defect maybe... so what does that mean he would love his own kid more then the ones you have already.... i think it just comes down to whether or not you want a kid.
 jonny08
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 11/3/2008 1:14:16 PM
Depends on the guy...It goes both ways too!!!! Women tend to shy away from single/divorced fathers....why? who knows....
 SITH_16
Msg: 63
Guys is this true???
Posted: 11/4/2008 9:07:09 PM
This is absolutely not true at all. I have dated several single moms, as well, I am a single dad. I would never discount a woman simply because she is a mom.
 heythere01
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 11/5/2008 3:22:03 AM
id date a girl who had kids and a job. yeah they made a mistake in some cases but in other cases getting rid of the dad was the smartest thing they did and means they grown up got there mind on being sucesfull, there are always exceptions ofcourse and not all girls with kids have there head screwed on tight enough wicth is a shame cause u meet these ones before the good ones and then it gets programed into our brains that they just like sleeping around. i hope i havent offened anyone.
 yruhere4now
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 11/17/2008 3:52:41 PM
The last woman I fell for had kids, and I fell for her kids as well because they were hers. So I'm not so sure if it's the kids, unless there are overwhelming numbers there. I think it may be your grammar that makes them run. If you can learn how to spell probably instead of prolly, you'll be off to a good start :-). I think men like intelligence just as much as they like a nice ass :-P
 hikerman6001
Msg: 85
Guys is this true???
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:35:38 PM
before my ex i dated women with children and enjoyed it. there was never any problem for me however im 54 with a ten year old son im either to old or my son is to young but i quess thats a new topic .
 heterotic
Msg: 88
Guys is this true???
Posted: 7/17/2009 11:31:53 PM

So, if the divorce rate is still at around 51-52%, that would place you at only half a chance of your marriage working out. Guess what? You just became a single parent! Congrats!

Can you please do some research on divorce rates? When you marry, how long you've been married and your circumstance in life at the time of marriage has a lot to do with the statistical prediction of whether or not it will last.
 jazzylady40
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 7/19/2009 11:46:59 AM
yea i do tend to agree in wat slyeagle has said, it dont bother me if a guy has kids from previous relationship, but i dated a guy for few months and he had very young children, mine r all grown up, but i took to his kids and treated them like i would wan him to treat mine.
However it didnt work out for us, and it was kind of hard.....but to b honest i think i would think twice about datin a guy again with young children (am i makin sense) cos of that issue....wen they r older its easier cos they got their own lives as well, so u dont c them as much!!! god hope im makin sense lol cos it dont matter 2 me if they got kids or not, its just an opinion...
 hungry_joe
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Guys is this true???
Posted: 7/19/2009 2:40:25 PM
Just to answer the orginal question, its a silly aruguement. All one has to do has to look at history.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Guys is this true???