Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Curious to know about astrology      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 2
Curious to know about astrologyPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Like most who believe in astrology, you are a gullible fool. 80% of guys on here SAY they are Capricorns...because some 'how to get laid guide' told them that women dig Capricorns most. You have a brain. Learn to use it...for a change.
 thrums
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Curious to know about astrology
Posted: 10/2/2007 3:32:19 PM
My best relationships have been with fellow Aries, I dated two ladies each for over two years, before any asks they were at different times in my life. I currently have this great online friendship with a fellow Aries (hi B.) we e-mail almost every day and IM when we can, we just seemed to click from the start - just a shame we live several states apart but our friendship will continue for many years to come.
 LoyalLongterm
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/17/2016 9:39:14 AM
Wow! These postings are really old. Astrology is most accurate when the planets and moon positions are taken into consideration during birth. That's why it is so important to have the exact time and location. After that it all depends on how a person grew up. The Moon, Venus and Mars gets more detailed past just the Sun Sign readings.

I'm a Leo male and have been using POF on and off for almost 10 years. I haven't dated any Sagittarius women yet, maybe I'm scaring them off?. I don't roar.lol

Lately I've been using Astrology for fun to see if there is anything to it. I don't believe in Horoscopes because it's way too variable in a persons life. The birth start isn't. But again it also has a lot to do with life experiences from birth to present.
I'm not here to judge. If your reading comes up with something undesirable, understand what it is about yourself and try to make correction for the better. Some counselors have used it with great success to help people understand themselves. Have you ever had someone guess your sign by just talking to you? One out of twelve?

My general Leo Sun readings put me as arrogant and has to be the life of the party, center stage all the time. Not so true after reading a detailed report. Wants to Lead? Yes, Needing lots of attention?, Yes. All the time, No. Very critical about woman to date, I don't think so. My Moon and Mars are in Libra (Personality Planet) and yes it does balance out what characteristics I might have from the Sun. I'm very open minded and my actions are not so impulsive but balanced. Just a Sun reading for a Leo can put him as sounding self centered. Not so true with me, My Venus (Love Planet) is in Cancer. That makes me a smother mother, which puts my needs second. Again though, these are all just supplements towards how your personality matured after birth.

From my experiences and again not to judge. In general, this is what I observed through just reading profiles, conversations, meets and dating for compatibility. Myself as a Leo (Fire Sign).

Aquarius (Water Sign) Opposite compatibility, Yes, drawn to each other like magnets. Romance and intimacy was incredible but the water extinguished all possibilities with having a future with this person.

Aries (Fire Sign) Many on POF. From my experiences, they like to be very bossy. Well over a Leo's leadership and manliness. Double the fire seemed to double the arguments and rage.

Capricorns (Earth Sign) For me, it sounds like they like to flirt and tease about intimacy. With a Leo it's supposed to be the most intense but that would be it for having something in common.

Gemini (Air Sign) Many on POF Yes, feed the fire or blow it out. The sign of "The Twins", two different woman, not one. Is that good or bad? Many have a life of way too much on their plate. Sometimes very unsettled.

Scorpio (Water Sign) Yes they do bite.

Taurus (Earth Sign) For me, not too bad. I found that the stubbornness from "The Bull" not to be so aggressive as the bossiness of the Aries. There but more laid back.

Virgo (Earth Sign) The most on POF. I'm not surprised. A general statement would be "unlucky at love". Yes I have found them way overboard on how critical they can be on finding a partner. It would seem they overlook their own characteristics that are not so perfect. For me, it just throws dirt, Virgo(Earth Sign) on my Leo (Fire Sign). As if to extinguish any bit of self pride for self esteem.

As far as Christianity and the Bible goes. Yes it would be a sin to worship other Gods through the stars, such as Greek Mythology. Also not wise to predict the future though any daily horoscopes, tariff cards, tea leaves, palm readings or medians. Beyond birth, when "HE" decided when and what your plan is, you also have the free will for any type of variable future. Did you know the "The Three Wise Men" were astrologers? What did they follow in the sky? Like I said this is all just extras for fun. Keep an open mind about Faith. What is not written, may have been lost, kept secret or destroyed. You can't even trust every priest, nun or elected official these days, what about the ones in the past? Or the past non elected ones in history like the Kings and Romans?

Be wise not to alter or misinterpret "The Book". Through history, I think it's great that Catholics are now allowed to read it by themselves, instead of it being kept from them by the Priest for interpretation.
Just remember the bottom line. Christ is all about love. I hope many find it here.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/17/2016 9:51:06 AM
LoyalLongTerm - correction: Aquarius is NOT a water sign, it's an Air Sign.

I've been a hobby astrologer since I was about 10, and all I can say is: birth charts are accurate IF you know the exact time and place of a person's birth.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/17/2016 10:06:06 AM
I'm an Aquarius, with Scorpio ascendant. Here is an example how the rising sign alone (not to mention the placement of the Moon and other planets) can shape the personality.

With an intense, Mysterious Scorpio personality and an on-guard alertness, these people are always vigilant, on their toes, and ready for anything. They show up full of purpose and generally have a “come hell or high water” attitude. They’re not very tolerant, but when Aquarians born around midnight channel their energy in positive directions, they’re able to move mountains. There’s a lot of motivation here and a “grab the handle” eight-cylinder gusto to match. No one ever accused these people of being lazy! And they keep their cool in emergencies because they’re always convinced the crap is going to hit the fan. Scorpio’s handiness coupled with Aquarius’ technological prowess usually produces some high-tech wizardry, and with Scorpio’s eye in the back of the head and Aquarius’ intuition, they come up with some remarkable insights. It’s hard to hide from these people! They usually have jobs that facilitate the use of these skills. Whether they’re computer programmers, back-room researchers, Inspector Gadget types, or whiz kid engineers, they consider every possibility and investigate every angle, leaving no stone unturned. And they probably have a computer in the spare bedroom that they use to surf the Internet for their own amusement. Aquarians with Scorpio rising who haven’t discovered the information superhighway should give it a shot; there’s an aptitude for it that may be untapped.

[..]

Also, any uptight Aquarius needs to avoid being overly suspicious, and a Scorpio personality is usually just that. Cautious vigilance in potentially dangerous situations is one thing, but suspicion around-the-clock is nothing more than paranoia. These Aquarians need to trust their plugged-in, emergency-prepared Aquarius intuition and their always investigative Scorpio insight. There’s no reason for these people to be constantly glancing over their shoulders—if there’s trouble brewing, they’ll spot it a mile off. If they’ll think positive, be objective, and charge full-steam-ahead, they’ll be more successful than they ever dreamed.
 2ufo
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/17/2016 1:37:33 PM
I think it means they simply put either December 25 or January 1 in for their birthdays rather than the actual date they were born.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/17/2016 6:08:13 PM
Have you checked out Uranus yet?
 cassie2425
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/17/2016 6:59:28 PM
^^^^. It's always been my fav. And it's so nice when you mention Uranus, Fullmoonguy. It's been awhile.
 lucidbarrier
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2016 3:47:08 AM
Astrological signs are very interesting. I find they are a general blueprint for personalities. People are all different, so it's not an exact science in any sense. But if you are perplexed about how someone is acting or reacting, sometimes they can give you valuable insight on how a person thinks. My best friend is an Aries and he thinks signs are crap, but his thinking is generally the same as what the sign says. Sometimes there are holes in the sign logic and people often are missing things said in the signs. I am a genuine Capricorn and I was with a Cappy woman for 8 years. She was very different from me (extremely emotional), but we understood each other well. I don't think anyone has ever understood me as well as she did (i'm very analytical). People also can be show to have 4 different personality types as well: analytical, emotional (bases decisions on feelings), direct (makes a decision and sticks with it), Elistist and I can't remember the other one. Then you have Introverts and Extroverts, etc etc., so it can get complicated in a hurry.
One thing I have noticed, after this Libra woman, Libra women kind of all look a like to me (similar facial features).
Anyway, maybe you attract Capricorns because we might have an innate understanding on what makes us tick and are attracted to other Capricorns (we tend to be generally good looking) ?
 Dinno76
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/19/2016 11:21:40 AM
Leo's are the best because we are the leaders . All others must follow us because you are always second best.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/19/2016 11:40:10 AM
It seems " complicated" because you are trying to fit a person's unique personality into boxes, in the first place?.why?
Do you do that by race? Or gender? Or most other metrics? All Capricorns are,.. all Asians are..all women are.. are Scorpios are..
Human beings typically are more analog, not digital, 1 or 0, black/white, on/off. Yes some people wish that other people were programmable, like computers. ? But I digress.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 27
Posted: 4/19/2016 11:41:17 AM
I always hate those Klingons, circling Uranus..
 gtomustang
Msg: 28
whoa! was that your Little Dipper near my moon?
Posted: 4/19/2016 4:27:20 PM
I wonder how many guys who made fun of a woman's love for astrology...ever got a chance to, um, ascend into her heavenly body? is being a non-believer a deal-breaker?
 JJBean21
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/19/2016 6:21:43 PM
I am a Taurus...and whatever it says about me is very true....patient, stubborn, etc. Taurus women do have a lot to give but one time I read that I am not compatible with a Gemini man. VERY TRUE. Geminis are ridiculously confusing people. Ya never know which twin you're gonna get. Just saying.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/19/2016 6:27:49 PM
The guy I"m currently dating is a Gemini. A good match for Aquarius, but I agree, in the past, I've been very confused by Geminis. Then again, the last disaster relationship I was involved in was with an Aquarius. I attract a lot of Pisces and Capricorns usually, but this Gemini guy has been great so far. Sure likes to talk, lol, ruled by Mercury the messenger.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 31
whoa! was that your Little Dipper near my moon?
Posted: 4/19/2016 6:42:14 PM
Yes gto, probably many guys fake an interest in it in order to "get some".
I know some of the PUA guys recommend that, learning some rudiments, enough to chatter semi-intelligibly about it.
Some call it "chick crack".
Women..well, people. ?.with masters and PhD. Degrees believe in this stuff. Hope that's not in any scientific field. Maybe one of those new made up 'disciplines' like "Contemporary Women's Studies" or the like.?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/19/2016 9:53:03 PM
I'm a Capricorn!!!
"You're usually wrong about a Capricorn... and a Capricorn is usually right about you."
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/20/2016 7:51:44 AM
This precise science for thousands of years used 12 zodiac signs, then later said there are 13 , including Ophiuchus.
My sign, 30 Nov. To 18 Dec.
Perhaps all those previously carefully plotted charts were wrong?
 Maleman999
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/20/2016 10:41:32 AM
What I find stupid is POF adds your horoscope sign to your profile, based on the birthday you enter-whether you want it on your profile or not. There's no choice in the the mater. Not everybody is a believer in horoscopes, so why add something that might not be relevant to the profile creator? It should be optional to show it or not.
 gtomustang
Msg: 35
Pain in the astrology
Posted: 4/21/2016 11:52:00 AM
well, I suppose those who pay attention to signs, will even notice that a profile mentions a sign. The rest of us will keep looking for cleavage shots.

I think my astro sign is a raised finger. it must mean i'm number one.
 kidreason29
Msg: 36
Pain in the astrology
Posted: 4/21/2016 2:31:36 PM
I don't pay attention to astrological signs in terms of other people, but I find it interesting anyway to think about
 Maleman999
Msg: 37
Pain in the astrology
Posted: 4/21/2016 7:28:49 PM
Wouldn't Astrological refer to a smart dog on the Jetsons?
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2016 5:27:56 PM
I am an Astrologer and I ask the real complete birth dates of every man I write to. There is so much more to astrology than your Sun sign. Anyone with questions about astrology, ask me. Or you can go to Astro.com
 JJBean21
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/1/2016 5:55:24 PM

I would have to say that 80% of men that email me are Capricorns like myself. Just something I find a bit odd.

Read the book SOUL SIGNS by Rosemary Altea. It's more than astrology... definitely enlightening about personalities, characteristics of peoples' behaviors and why oh why can't we all get along? Why HIM, why HER? Yada, yada, yada.....good read. Did you ever say to yourself..."I could NEVER be married to him....how does she do it?" Well, this tells you why some marriages or relationships work and others don't...even in non romantic relationships. You can be a Taurus who supposedly gets along with Cancers or Virgos but if your soul signs don't jive....forget it.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2016 4:22:02 PM
I am a real Astrologer. There is much more to astrology than sun signs. Astrology is very real to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Curious to know about astrology