Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When to bring flowers? 1st, 2nd, ... date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 26
When to bring flowers? 1st, 2nd, ... date?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Never give flowers until AFTER yo uhave had sex.

Use them as a reward, not an incentive

that almost makes sense!!! lol Guys will do anything to get what they want the question is will they do anything once there is no incentive to gain something anymore.
OTB I bet it was not your intention but your line made a lot of sense.

I say before AND after...but then again I LOOOVE flowers... ;-)
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 28
When to bring flowers? 1st, 2nd, ... date?
Posted: 9/24/2005 3:30:14 PM
my bad then. I like your style OTB
 Robglide
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:44:35 PM
Bring one rose first date, seems the respectful thing to do, whilst not going overboard.

Save the two dozen special for the second date if the first turns out ok.
 NFPexec
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2007 1:22:18 PM
Since I had a boyfriend for many years who had no idea what flowers were, I was flattered the first time someone brought me flowers on a date. However, I would go out on first dates and it seemed so planned that every guy started bringing flowers. It's not that I am ungrateful and it is a nice gesture, but I think it's better and would be appreciated more if you wait a few dates, see how the things are going and then give them to her when she least expects it.

I knew a guy who planned a spectacular first date, limo, 4 star restaurant. After that she expected such royal treatment on every date and he couldn't keep up with that. He aimed so high in the beginning he left himself no where to go.
 miraclgal
Msg: 65
question to the ladys
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:08:47 AM
I myself would love to receive flowers ,First date any date. it is a sweet gesture and I for one appreciate sweet gestures....... Keep up the good work.
 ladyc4
Msg: 66
question to the ladys
Posted: 9/5/2007 8:18:00 AM
The nicest first date/meeting gesture I have experienced is being given not flowers but a teddy bear...
Cindy O
 miraclgal
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/26/2007 7:25:40 PM
I need flowers /. One time .two times every time.......Love them Always appreciate them.
 fancynanci
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 12:36:26 PM
I LOVE flowers. You should give flowers if you really like her
 fancynanci
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2007 12:38:58 PM
I am very romantic. And I really LOVE flowers!!!!
 Walts
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/1/2010 11:51:26 AM
I don't give dead flowers. If you want,,,,ya can come on over for a visit and take a stroll into the backyard and view as many as your heart's content. If I give flowers at all, they will be in a pot so that you can enjoy them(and what they will bring) for years to come.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2010 1:20:22 AM
I love fresh flowers any time and I always have 2 vases of fresh flowers, in my house, of which I buy for myself.
A few guys have brought a Rose or 2 for a first time meeting, which I appreciated. I am not really into roses, but I appreciate flowers.
There was one guy, who brough me a big beautiful bouquet of my favorite flower and he didn't know they were my favorite flower . This was a first time meeting, with this guy from POF.
Impressed, I was, that he brought a big beautiful bouquet of flowers for the 1st meeting. On our 3rd date, Valentine's day, he did not bring me any flowers, but it was the 3rd date and I invited him into my house. He ROBBED $200. from me on Valentine's day.
Moral of this true story, a man can be a major thief, and still bring you a big beautiful bouquet of flowers on your 1st meeting. BEWARE, this man is on POF. BEWARE, he does heating and air conditioning for a job, so he could come in anyone's house and steal. I am not allowed to state his name here. He is from Albania and lives in the Philadephia area, with his parents.
 TheReason_
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 1:20:58 PM

Moral of this true story, a man can be a major thief, and still bring you a big beautiful bouquet of flowers on your 1st meeting. BEWARE, this man is on POF. BEWARE, he does heating and air conditioning for a job, so he could come in anyone's house and steal. I am not allowed to state his name here. He is from Albania and lives in the Philadephia area, with his parents.

The important question to be asked from all this is....

Did he have a 30" waist??

:facepalm:
 Cynderella
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2010 11:44:08 AM
Cut flowers die...Me,
First date: I would love to get a mini rose bush...and hear: Every time a new rose blooms you will remember me.
Second date: A potted (soft and fuzzy) African Violet plant.
Third: A real rose bush...cuz LOVE is in bloom
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When to bring flowers? 1st, 2nd, ... date?