Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Treat them mean,keep them keen or be a gentleman??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BarnBabe
Msg: 2
Treat them mean,keep them keen or be a gentleman??Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
<-- still single too. Wish I could help you out on that.
 country5671
Msg: 3
Treat them mean,keep them keen or be a gentleman??
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:44:15 PM
Well this is just me but allways being a gentleman is good.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:48:32 PM
William Wallace, who by the way was not much like Mel Gibson's portrayal, may have been a gentleman but he commanded respect. Don't let respect transcend into neediness.
 smpackage
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:52:41 PM
I like the gentleman approach!!!!!!!!
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:54:56 PM
The gentleman approach only works if you are James Bond. Otherwise, in this day and age, in this society, it will get you very little. Try it and see. Do an experiment.
 :
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:56:32 PM
Be James Bond
 riverviewflower
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:26:41 PM
Always a gentleman.........but being a gentleman does not imply you should not do or say certain things, you just have to find more creative ways of saying or doing them- without offending.

ex. DON'T say: I like your boobs...
DO say: You have a lovely figure...

DON'T: Grab the lady by the face and force your tongue down her throat..
DO: ask permission for a goodnight kiss and plant a soft one on her lips...

Being a gentleman is not an act of omission, it is an act of kindness. Ladies appreciate men who respect them but are still willing to push the limits- without crossing the boundaries.

-D.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:34:21 PM

DON'T: Grab the lady by the face and force your tongue down her throat..
DO: ask permission for a goodnight kiss and plant a soft one on her lips...

That's highly debatable. Many women on here would disagree. I had a thread about this very topic of forceful kisses and the Yeas outnumbered the Nays from the gals. Also never ask for permission to kiss. You should be able to tell. If it looks good, go for it. Don't be a timid little mouse asking for permission to kiss. That right there could turn off a lot of women.
 country5671
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:44:54 PM
forceful kissing nay for me, a gentle kiss from a gentle man is allways good.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:48:35 PM
Take a gander at the thread Silverscreen Kisses last month. Look at the results.
 BarnBabe
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:51:29 PM
Sometimes a good forceful kiss is way hot.. but not if I'm digesting your tongue nonono.
 riverviewflower
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:52:38 PM
No debate just speaking from a woman's point of view, I personally disagree. It sounds to me like he's looking for advice on how to start off a relationship and if your advice is to go all out guns-a-blazing then he is likely to end up with a smack across the face.

As for passionate forceful kissing- I would be crazy not to agree that it is a wonderful feeling of expression to be wanted in that way. Still in the begining it is best to start slow and work your way up to speed.

There is a time and place for everything- hence "the getting to know you phase" in a relationship-don't include groping forceful kisses...........

-D
 Blastkist
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:54:29 PM
Love me but say nasty things to me (sexually) to keep me interested.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/25/2005 6:54:59 PM
I agree, the first kiss should not be forceful, but he shouldn't ask for permission either.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1805160.aspx
 grym
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/25/2005 7:00:31 PM
I tried being the gentleman when I was younger and sorta outgrew it for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I was raised in the south and to hold the doors open, pull chairs out, etc. but being a gentleman all the time just gets boring, both for you and the lady.

What has worked best for me in the past is just be yourself. Hell, if she can't be interested in seeing the real you then she is not worth your time anyway. Women tend to like a good sense of humor, a modecum of charm, and a bit of directness. Having the balls just to talk to a woman is a plus with most of them because at least you are showing interest!

To answer your question: All of the above!
 Songblaze
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/26/2005 9:54:51 AM
The guy I'm seeing now...well, his family has its roots in the deep South, and he was raised to be a gentleman.

He opens doors for me, pulls out chairs, lets me order first, and makes sure I'm comfortable.

...at the same time, he whispers wicked things in my ear, and isn't afraid of being intensely passionate with me. He never asks to kiss me, but he does make sure I want his hands to be roaming if he wants to get into more intimate territory. He'll press me up against the side of the car and kiss me hard, but if I push back against his chest or ask him to stop, he does without a moment's hesitation.

As far as I'm concerned, he's hit the balance between gentleman and dynamite very, very neatly. He makes me feel very conscious of being a woman without making me feel like a sex toy.
 linda68
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/26/2005 10:42:23 AM
sparks the gentleman thing is always best to me anyhow!
 linda68
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/26/2005 10:43:02 AM
Nergal
HAHAHAHAHA! I love it! perfect!
 SICutie
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/26/2005 10:57:08 AM
i agree with nergal

whoooo hoooo!

to the OP, just try being yourself. that's generally what works best
 Mrslucci
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/26/2005 10:58:42 AM
won't you be my hero baby?Lol.
 Sierrasman
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:10:14 AM
I have ALWAYS been a gentleman, and have never had any problems. Women appreciate being treated well. The guys who are not gentlemen are the ones who give men a bad name and cause women to write the negative threads that appear in these forums.
 luke61_9
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/26/2005 11:34:36 AM
I like to be a gentleman for me, not for them. We all know nice guys finish last in the world. Any woman that thinks a man is being nice and doesn't like it, has other issues. Does the thought ever come that some people want to be nice or is it always what do they want?
 linda68
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/27/2005 1:56:10 AM
Luke61
well said.
I think us older ladies like nice guys..............younger girls tend to like the bad boys. Just my 2 cents
 khama
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/27/2005 4:27:35 AM
Hey ppl, has anyone actually found the recipe for this yet...
I treat em mean they are far from keen....
I keep them keen and they treat me mean....
So how do you treat them mean and keep them keen?

URBAN LENGEND... What a joke...

as for being a Gentleman....
NICE GUYS FINISH LAST....

BE YOURSELF and if they can't like that, what's to like then???
You can always get a new life !!!
 bigsmile
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/27/2005 4:35:42 AM
I agree with Songblaze.......

It's the gentleman details that make you smile and admire but it's those naughty moments you recall that make you laugh outloud while riding that bike at the gym with your mind wandering and everyone who hears thinks Whoa, where's she been and what was she doing!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Treat them mean,keep them keen or be a gentleman??