Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come ladies don't like men who play videogames??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt
Msg: 2
how come ladies don't like men who play videogames??Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
There are kids, that grow up to be doctors, that operate with out touching a persons insides. This is because they have hand contact on a knob, and move to a screen. So I understand kids playing them games. Some day might save someones life.
Not all people grow into doctors. Some just get do it for fun, and get lost in it. Look at this site. Same thing. So look who is judging you. Don't worry about it.
I my self never play the games, but my kids, can get a game, and beat the game in the same day. Teachs your brain to react fast, and rember things. I find no harm in them, other than the time spent on them. Thats why you ask them if the want to go for walks, are shoot basketball, are something. To keep them healthy.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 3
how come ladies don't like men who play videogames??
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:06:08 AM
I don't believe most women DO have a problem with the occasional video game...
It's the hour after hour, day after day playing of video games that I see getting complaints. And I got to agree, if you find yourself playing games for hours on end, seek help, you have a real problem coping with reality.
 SICutie
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:36:37 AM
personally i think they're boring and it's more fun to do something both enjoy. i'd play video games with a guy but he has to go antiquing or yard sale-ing with me
 SICutie
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/28/2005 8:40:09 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

i hereby retract my falling down statement in another thread. that's actually pretty logical thinking. congrats
 SICutie
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:45:23 AM
it got deleted???

see, this is the problem. you can liken video games with thread deletion. without interaction we aren't human.

put down the video games and stop the deleting for chatting and let us be humans!!!

no i'm not flirting. not much anyway
 SICutie
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:55:38 AM
actually video games can be a version of foreplay.

consider playing for positions. i suggest something fun like mario kart and avoid fighting games. i'm not in to mixing sex and violence

;) - flirting
 YamIhere
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:58:21 AM

About 2 months ago I Was exchaning e-mails with a lady on POF, it lasted about 2 weeks. I had mentioned that I liked to play videogames. She responded with a nasty note saying that men who played videogames were childish & immature.I never heard from hear again. This has happened to me twice. What's up with that?

You're better off. I'd never let a woman come between me and my PS2
 SICutie
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/28/2005 11:17:51 AM
we all need something
 YamIhere
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 11:43:40 AM
Sorry, there’s just less headaches involved when playing with video games.
 paintdrying
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/28/2005 12:22:51 PM
your pic makes you look 63 rather than 43. you look as though you have never done any exercise for 63 years. i imagine women use the video games as an excuse to dump you.
 sleepless_in_Newmarket
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/28/2005 3:13:42 PM
Whether you like video games or not, is not really the issue. What is important is not to state so in you profile because it may give the bad impression of the couch potato. We all like to watch TV, but I wouldn't put Watching TV as an interest.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:10:50 PM
Because you don't let her play with your joystick enough man. Most women want to share our lives, and a video game she doesn't find entertaining might shut here out.
 flyguy51
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:47:06 PM
I, for one, don't play videogames. My friends either tolerate it or are somewhat annoyed with me. I haven't noticed guys having any women problems where videogames are concerned, though. Moderation is the key!

Cheers!
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:32:07 AM
My brother's ex-wife LOVED video games...alot of laughs. I think she
enjoyed it mostly because of how we contorted our faces while
playing the more intense games. Whenever we switched on the
PS, we knew were gonna die laughing.

Don't make video games your life...ok on a rainy day like someone said.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:51:11 AM
busy doing??....skydiving?...cleaning?...travelling the world?...saving for
a lunar orbit (2010)?...mowing the grass?...changing diapers?...getting drunk?...gossiping?...eating?...sex?...whatever turns your crank!

...to each their own
 babyangel86
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/30/2005 5:37:59 AM
I guess most of the ladies haf bad experience with a man that plays videogames...U see..when a guy love videogames...he'll gave less attention to his girl...And this way we girls feel left out..u duno how it feels to sit there watch the one u love onli paying attention to the tv and controller den to u...Well..but overall...i think if u knw how to plan ur time well between games n girl...u'll b a good man...good luck...ciao...
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 51
Posted: 9/30/2005 9:13:59 AM
Um for all the women on here complaining "pay attention to meeeeee" and are getting ignored by the guys you're with that play video games...ummm ever think that maybe whatever it is you want to do *besides sex* seems as dull as looking at paint dry on a wall and he'd rather spend his time not bein bored out of his mind.....When i was with my last gf i wouldn't have a second thought about playing video games over spending time with her....why ? because she was freakin boring !! her idea of a good time was to go to a boring pub *yes pubs are quite boring* and sitting with some of her friends from work and just sit there talking ABOUT WORK ! i dunno how many guys would enjoy doing that constantly but sure as hell not me....and when i'm at home i usually do end up playin games anywhere between 1-5 hours at night....why ? because i'm usually playing halo online with my brother or some friends....i have a great social life....so how does the fact that i find you boring and i'd rather do something more exciting than hang out with you while you're at a yard sale make me immature ? it DOESN'T...and for those people that say "i don't like video games they're boring" that's probably because you're not good at them so you get frustrated and give up....that's been my experience at least
 chunli
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/30/2005 2:16:03 PM
I love playing video games. I have been playing video games for over 20 years and I don't intend to stop.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:25:56 PM
I don't mind when boys play video games....but MEN shouldn't.
 Se7en9
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/2/2005 11:22:23 PM
Cause a videogame doesn't B I T C H
and

theres only so many times I can hear how she feels and how her day was..
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/3/2005 12:51:30 AM
We can't be sucking face all day long! I go out with my gf OFTEN of course. Sometimes,
like her, I need an escape and use the x-box to do it...this is my
down-time. I don't like to sit and read, or gossip, or go to the bar scene
to blow money on $4 drinks (wasted!).

Nothing wrong with down-time....expecially now, the games are
so realistic that my heart pounds!
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 76
Posted: 10/3/2005 9:34:46 AM
@ theotherguy85

I'm glad to see that someone finally understands what i'm talkin about ! anyone i've ever dated that says that "i don't like videogames" line is just saying it because they suck at them....it's awesome to find someone to play games with even if they're not the same games you like ! I'm with an amazing girl right now who loves super mario for super nintendo so one day we were at the market and she bought the system and game and we went back to my house and played super mario for the rest of the day ! does that make us immature ? ummm no ? Like i said in my earlier post if your man is ignoring you to play video games it's more than likely a fact that you're BORING ! in bed or whatever it is you want to do you're obviously not all that interesting ! i would rather blow sh!t up than sleep with someone who's boring in bed or to go out with her to a pub so we can sit with her friends and i can sit around and listen to them talk about work !! wooohooo ! NOT !! and for those that have never even played videogames on a console system or pc *excluding solitaire and minesweeper* you really don't know what you're talkin about if you've never played them
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/3/2005 10:07:20 AM
@ astrochick

I agree with you that if you're someone that does nothing but plays videogames all day and all night and doesn't go outside for excercise or to hang out with friends or to do SOMETHING ELSE then i can TOTALLY understand what the problem would be....but if i'm with someone *and i don't spend all day playing games* and they can't handle me playin a game for an hour or 2 then they need to figure out what is wrong with them that makes them so damn needy....orrr once again....to NOT BE SO BORINNGGGGG ! now i gotta say that one day me and my friend went to the arcade downtown here and played DDR *Dance Dance Revolution* for 7 hours straight....BUT in my defense i got a complete body work out and i could barely walk after we decided to stop....
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/3/2005 10:48:45 AM
@ ellej paintball over videogames ANYTIME ! it's like bein in a real videogame except it hurts !
 Se7en9
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/3/2005 12:46:16 PM
Oh so very true, I've lost count of all the girls I talk to who say they don't like video games becuase they can't figure them out...lol, well for us guys, least for me anyway, I like things I can't figure out, makes it more fun finding out new things, which increase the enjoyment 10 fold, thats the same with women for me, they have something I can't figure out, makes it more fune to search it out

ya I beleive this as well, But I just say "baby just think how these Fingers are gonna be like a HALO, in your splinter cell"

and that usually will work.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come ladies don't like men who play videogames??