Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > WOW.. lol. so many widowed men out there..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DacaInaru
Msg: 1
WOW.. lol. so many widowed men out there..Page 1 of 1    
Ok.. widowed men or women not funny in general.. but I had to share this cuase I though it was humorous..

I'm a member of a few sites like POF.. and in the past 2 days.. I have gotten 5 emails..

all of them with different photos of different men.. some black some white..

the body of the email goes like this

I am (insert name here) I was born in (City in the USA) but grew up in the UK. I am a widower my wife died (1, 2, 3, 4) years ago in a horrible (car crash, drowning, fire). I have a (10,11,12) year old (son/daughter).

I saw your profile and I think your (beautiful, sexy, make a good mother for my child).. I have Already told my child about how wonderful his/her new mother is...

Please email me at (insert email here) my profile at (insert site here) is (yada yada) I look forward to hearing from you. I know we are far from each other but I can get on a plane this week so we can arrange our wedding.. waiting with bated breath blah blah blah to hear from you..

now.. what are the logical changes that.. someone can get 5 legit emails from 5 supposed different men with the same info????????????????? hmmmm not very logical..

my replies have been..

Dear.. so and so..

thanks so much for your interest in my photo since its clear you haven't read my profile.. Although you seem like a wonderful catch.. I have had 5 such emails just these past few days.. amazing and sad how there are so many widowers in the exact same circumstances as you.. actually let me cut and past the emails i've recieved perhaps you know them (insert previous mails)

maybe you guys should start a support group..

either way.. thanks for the email.. I do hope you find the victim opps person you are looking for..

have a nice day.
M.
 DacaInaru
Msg: 2
WOW.. lol. so many widowed men out there..
Posted: 10/1/2005 3:25:43 PM
LOL Mgre.. I'm gonna change my settings..lol.. at one point I had blocked out just about everyone..by accident mind you..

coffee is good.. i'm filling my brooms tank up with gas..
 SueDNym
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/9/2010 9:25:53 AM
Sounds like a case of ScammersRUs
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2010 8:27:18 PM
You replied? Silly. Those are computer generated phishing messages.
 RobDE302
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 1:24:04 AM
Guys usually get messages saying the girl is stuck somewhere in Africa with no way to get home. 9 times out of 10, it's in Nigeria which is a red flag in itself. Or it's some gorgeous eastern European with a PhD in Astro Physicist and wants to get married but can't afford a plane ticket. And no, my last email wasn't a cosmonaut, she claimed to be a doctor. But either way, I wasn't fooled. We're the smart ones in the Air Force
Posted: 1/10/2010 4:06:26 AM
Darn!...I was going to try using that line some day.
Now you went and ruined it!
Thanks a lot.
 South Austin Sassy
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/10/2010 12:17:21 PM
Dang, I thought I was special because so many widowers are attracted to me. I can't tell you the number of times I have recieved the same email. What really cracks me up is the fact that they claim to have a PhD, but still can't compose a simple sentence using proper English.

Sigh....so many frogs....so few princes.

SAS
 SharkyAndy
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/24/2013 1:10:29 AM
Im 28 with two daughters. my former fiance died this july from heart failure. Its awkward getting back into dating we were together for almost ten years more than a third of my life. Im certainly lonely from time to time but never desperate. cant even imagine sending messages like the ones you got. sound like trolls to me...
 twoish
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 4:48:25 PM
"So many widowed men out there"

I too have received many of the widowed messages, all in about a week had 3 different men. Who oddly enough had very near the same experiences with their spouse. It was sooo clear to me that they were from the same person or group of people, because of some of the stuff they say and how they say it. It does seem weird to me, that 9 out of 10 men are widowed. And they all look so Happy and well. I think wow, am I next? Maybe I will be a secret police that governs the dating sites to find these fakers...and don't even hint about that to them, or guess what, you will never see or hear from them again. Humm...
 Molly Maude
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:02:44 PM
I'd been dating a man off and on, just social events, nothing romantic ... when he told me his last THREE wives had died ... I was shocked and asked how it was that he'd become so unfortunate ... he said the first two wives died from eating poisoned mushrooms ... well, I'm gullible but even to me THAT sounded suspicious so I asked if his third wife had also eaten poisoned mushrooms ... he said, "no, she died from a blunt force trauma cuz she wouldn't eat her mushrooms!"

this IS the humour forum!!!
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > WOW.. lol. so many widowed men out there..