Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Maybe the guy is proud of his car.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 civic2004
Msg: 7
Maybe the guy is proud of his car.Page 1 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
Equating penis size or whatever has little to do with a lot of the reason why a guy poses next to a car.

I take care of my car but it is not an expensive car. Yet I take pride in its appearance and have had several comments about how well taken care of it is.

Also a lot of guys do equate an expensive car (assuming the car is really his at at least not a rental or is leased ) with having a large income. Same reason guy buys an expensive Rolex when a Timex is just as accurate. It may not last as long but you can buy a lot of Timex watches fo the price of a cheap Rolex.

It is just another tool for a guy to show that he is successful since so many women want that in a guy (even those that profess that money is not important).
 JWA
Msg: 24
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/1/2005 8:25:24 PM
We all do whatever we think or hope will attract attention from the opposite gender---is that a mystery?

Let's talk about what women pose with? Kids, pets, shoes, scenery----how's that different? Or the women who show more cleavage than most strip clubs? (I'm NOT complaining, BTW---keep THAT up!!) Lingerie, ball gowns, other men---this list goes on just about forever all on it's own.

In the end I think we'd all like to see photos of someone without all their "stuff"--just them in their "natural habitat" if you will!! Since most of us are here to show ourselves as we'd like to be acknowledged then so be it---but this "WTH with these guys and cars??" thing goes both ways Ladies--deal with it!

As for the penis/vehicle correlation----there IS some validity to it---only we'd never admit it! LOL

Behave!!

J W
 astrosky
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:25:50 AM
Hey, I like cool cars! Nothing wrong with showing a dude's interests....except on the few profiles I've seen where there's hardly any pictures of the guy himself, or you can't get much of a look at him, yet the car is shown very clearly. Sell yourself first, guys - unless you want a golddigger who's after that car!
 carribeanking7
Msg: 38
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:36:49 AM
***snif.... sob *******

I dont have a car....dont even have a drivers license.....so the car was registered in my ex's
name ...so she gets to keep the car

wait a minute.........thats not funny
 Paradoxx
Msg: 39
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 5:49:05 AM
If women did find vehicles sexy, wouldn't more of us take pictures by our cars?
We worked hard to buy them too, we wax them and wash them, but we leave em in the driveway without photo ops. I dont care what a man drives, personally. An ultra luxury vehicle is actually a turn off (50K+)...I think about all the starving kids in Africa.

I dont think vehicles enter women's brains quite like you fellas.

Umm, unless you have a red Mustang 67 convertible...show that :)
 no angel
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:11:05 AM
I find it annoying to say the least, when a picture of a car is shown in a profile, What the ^^^^ is all that about anyway? Half the time thers no pic of the guy just his damn car... sad, How would it look if i posted a pic of my fridge.... at the end of the day, it shows your attitude towards life, look at me I have a big shiny car, that ive worked hard for, ladies, arent I great, no, actually that doesnt make you anything, you may have a great car, and be the most boring twit on the planet, as for the size of ones penis.....its not the size of the ship, its the motion of the ocean...if you get my drift.
 no angel
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 8:31:54 AM
Ha, penis envy, my ass, you talk twaddle my financial adviser friend, carry on with your nap!
 no angel
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 9:05:37 AM
Well just to set the record straight, Im not posing with my guitar, cos i envy anyone, or i have a small..... or large..... pair of ears, its cos its me caught off guard, looking a bit like me, dumbish maybe, now if i was to set up the pic and have me, looking really cool with the latest guitar that money can buy, id probably look contrived, anyway, who cares, material possesions are just that, something you have bought, who you are inside, is far more important, richness within the soul, not material gains are what really matter, if all you want is material things, then hey theres plenty like that in the world, be happy folks...peace out
 dud
Msg: 54
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 9:23:39 AM
i should do that, then at least people would have something to look at lol
 Plankton_1971
Msg: 62
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:35:23 PM
Let me see, I'm a single guy and its not to often a pass by a rose garden and say my gosh I must have a picture of me in front of it. C'mon if I have pics in front of my POS it just so happens when digging for recent pics to put on here thats all I could come up with. As for the basement apartment thing, ya ok and all single young moms are welfare cases.
 hdryder
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/2/2005 7:52:35 PM
So how did this forum start? Oh yah.... someone stated as fact the Freudian concept of penis size..... Don't some of you know that this Freudian stuff is largely fantasy on Freud's part and largely debunked by more modern if any more credible theories?

I, for one am not posing with a car..... I am on an unfinished motorcycle..... wanna guess why? No, don't guess- I will tell you.....

It is the only picture i have of me in digital form.... and since I don't have a scanner... and since the only pictures that I seem to end up in happen to have cars or motorcycles in them as well.... and I have not yet mastered the technique of taking my own pictures.... I am thinking that the person who started this thread with the Freudian theory will have to come up with a more elaborate theory to explain the phenomenon of why so many men and a lot of women seem to have other noticeable objects in the pictures with them....

the one thing about the world of psycho-analysis that I have observed is that there always has to be a reason either repressed or sinister behind things that to most of us just are....
but.... even Freud himself had to admit that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.....
 hdryder
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/3/2005 7:38:58 PM
wow..... is the knowledge about lack of penis size due to x ray vision FemmeB........ ? A very remarkable and rare trait, I must say..... I know if i had that ability, I would use it in other ways than on a post about trivia like this.....
 dud
Msg: 72
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:26:08 PM
what if i draw a cartoon of me and my car?
 dud
Msg: 74
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:31:48 PM
would you believe it if i draw a ferrari beside me? :P
 dud
Msg: 76
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:41:00 PM
ohshit, that would make me even quieter and skinnier lol

-people can put whatever pics they want, doesnt really bother me
 callendargirl
Msg: 77
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:54:09 PM
i am very proud of my car, i have worked hard to have it, and maybe i will post a pic with it! Dog, boat, car, fancy clothes , who cares!
 callendargirl
Msg: 90
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:26:58 PM
why does posing with a car seem materialistic? ?????? if you buy a car for 40K,,, for most of us, that own a home worth say,,, 250K,, that is almost 1/5th,,, 20 percent............... a home lasts far longer than the car.............

so damn it! why not be proud of it! you worked your ass off for it!

is it shallow! who cares!
 callendargirl
Msg: 91
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:30:02 PM
OH ,, not finished my rant yet, another thought,, they say,, a womens diamond should cost, 3 months salary??? ya right?

lets look at this! the man that finds me will buy me a beautiful cubic zirconia,, (or the best fake going) and a GPS ,, so he will know i can always find my way home ( I cant find my way out of a box!)
 hdryder
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/11/2005 8:15:22 PM
Hi all.... well I have been following this thread a while now..... I see some of the women on here seem to be beyond making up stories based on the picture..... some are still only too willing to state a lot of crap as if it is fact (ladies- I call a willingness to do that nothing more than dishonesty!!!!!!!)

So let me state a thing or two about pictures and posing..... I have exactly two digital pictures on my computer with me in them.... both are posted here although one is hidden....

I have a number of pics that I guess i could scan in and burn to a CD somewhere.... so .... what would you ladies with the problems with cars in the pics like the backgrounds to be???

I will give you several choices.... first..... a pic my ex wife took of me from the top (you can't see my face------ 'cuz it is buried in ...um... her beev)

second.... me asleep.... third...... me in my coveralls and hardhat at work..... forth...... me on the ride on lawn mower...... fifth ..... me pig dirty with roofing material residue after redoing the roof.... there are a few others too.... none any more or less appealing than the possiblities offered.

It's like this for me... I have not been to a photo studio in about 30 yrs..... most of the pics that show me dressed up seem to have an ex spouse in them...... I am not literate enough with computers to edit pics or even scan them in.... so like what you see is what you get

and if you ladies want metro sexuals..... well - pass on us guys who do guy stuff and go for the girly men then.... i won't be missing you, if that is your inclination

I have a feeling that the real women here won't be offended by what I just said
 Acuraknight
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:09:05 PM
Gosh, I have tons of pics of me and my cars. My cars are like my girlfriends.......I baby them After spending so much time fixing, modding, and cleaning them, it's a man pride and joy. It's until they find a hot woman to be modeling on the car, they will baby the woman
 Acuraknight
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/17/2005 3:44:51 PM
"Nobody in this thread can race me."

Gosh Serikan,
I like to race you sometimes. Your Pontiac Firebird vs. My BMW M3. I have a little something "super" under the hood to blow you away. Or if you want to stay with domestic, i'll take you on with my Corvette!
 Acuraknight
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/17/2005 5:15:25 PM
Sweet!!! It's always fun to have some rival competition. You will be surprise that my BMW will keep up. With a turbo in it, it has been dynoed at 348hp at the wheels. If I happen to be in the southern states, I will take up on your offer to race......at a quarter mile straight away, or a course?
Only if women was able to have this "drive" with cars, they would pose with their cars also.
 Acuraknight
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/17/2005 5:31:14 PM
That Jock hugger has worked really hard ($$$$) to get his cars. You would be surprised at what else what I have in my garage...heehee Your talking to a mad asian that takes his cars to another level. Once again it be super fun to race ya! I'm doing low 13's in the BMW, but the Corvette has been modified electronicly....it's pretty fussy.....trying to break the 400hp@the wheels on the dyno. I don't understand how a few people has got 1000 hp out of it.
I would be really attracted to you....if you were a woman. But I have guys that would love to race. It's a male trait to be in love with cars, and that is why us guys like to take pics with their cars!
 Acuraknight
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/17/2005 7:41:46 PM
Oh Boy! The 2 guys that was "arguing" about their cars, shows why they posed with their cars. They are proud of their cars and why not take a pic and post it. It's male testosterone when it come to cars.....it's the challege of who has the bigest balls
If you find it's "gay" it's your own opinion. We are not trying to pick you up now Mr. matt1978 . Some of us guys would like to show their pride and joys.....that would be sometimes be their cars. If a woman drove up in a hot car, I would be mighty impressed

You see in my profile with a car????? I have met women that are into cars, and impressed how much they know. Some woman has posted pics of their cars...you think that's "gay"?

Myself and Mr. Trans Am are perfect example of guys having fun. Wish we lived closer so we can race, but it looks like we are about 5000km away. It would be a fun challenge! So what who is faster! It would be pure entertainment!!!! What we are trying to prove is why some of us guys pose with their cars in their profile.

BTW: Comparing cars and trucks is like comparing apples and lemons.....the Dodge would would be that lemon like Al Bundy's from "Married with Children"
 Acuraknight
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Men posing with cars
Posted: 10/17/2005 8:04:18 PM
Women posting a bunch of sexy pics are HOT, HOT, HOT!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Maybe the guy is proud of his car.