Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > OVER 50 And Alone....again.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sum1reel
Msg: 2
OVER 50 And Alone....again.Page 1 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
don't know the kinda town it is that you live in but you might have a wider array of choices in a more cosmopolitan location!
 page1952
Msg: 3
view profile
History
OVER 50 And Alone....again.
Posted: 10/5/2005 4:04:11 AM
You forgot about all the poor married men our age that are not getting it at home. lol
 c_deacon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2005 8:31:07 AM
You are not alone with the dating thing hon. Many of us men meet women now that are just divorced or within the past few years or less and they act the same way many times.

I have been with more women now that have gone right from home to marriage and kids, then divorced and they never truly dated around and had all the experiences that many of us had when younger and in college before we settled down, got married and had kids.

Once they get out there and date, see what is available it is like a candy store for them too. We all go through that, some just approach it differently. If you had many dating experiences before marriage, relationships too, and lived on your own for some time, the transition back to being single seems to be somewhat more understandable when you do divorce and head in that direction.

For those that never experienced that, they see it, feel it and want to find out about it, and that means that being with one may take time for them and experience......so just know that and move on and let them do their thing and if you are the right one, they will be back with that knowledge some time, and if they are lucky, you may just be around, and if not.....oh well, their loss.....
 rayl
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/5/2005 1:43:51 PM
Beauty and brains.you are not far off the mark in your assumptions, but, there are some good reasons for this attitude, which are a little too lengthy for this post.....Best wishes....
 page1952
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:28:57 AM
hnshylady
I understand what you are saying.. I am not sure I will ever find that spark again either.
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:54:08 AM
well I have been divorced since 97 and have not had the opportunity to date much,....I am handicapped so there goes a red flag...they think I need them to take care of me...well I have been doing it on my own since 03 when I lost the leg and can do just fine but it would be nice to find someone to enjoy good times with.......I have a few other strikes too..I am a BBW...plus I am honest even on this NET....hoping someday a guy will look beyond the physical disabilities and look to the real me...I am 53yo WAS married 27yrs and still do not know what love or romance is..and I am very curious..lol
 c_deacon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:09:25 PM
Meeting someone is not the problem......connecting with them on all the right levels IS the problem.

Meeting people, being set up, getting a date, finding new people at activities or dances, work, night clubs, bars all happens unless you do not allow that to happen or you stay home all day and night on the computer or hiding.

The difference here is connecting with that person on such a level and in such a way that you want more and enough sparks happen to make you feel you need more. Once that happens, the others seem to dwindle away slowly and before you know it, you are with one you truly connect with. That just does not happen enough or happens to one but not the other, and you are left wondering what you are doing wrong or what is wrong with you that sooooooo many others have that special person but you do not, and you wonder why.

If finding the right one was so easy, we would all be there now and not lamenting about where we are right now and all the why's of it. As you age, this aging process can be a benefit to dating or a problem, all depending on your outlook, and the reception of that age by those you are interested in.

Good luck to you all and keep on fishing.....well worth it...and one day....yes I know it....one day we will eventually find that special person that we will want to spend our time with exclusively........

Just my opinion.....
 finisheslast
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/19/2005 10:03:20 AM
well you also forgot the third type of guy, the 50 year old that has never been married, with no kids. i fall under that category. i find myself caught between being too old for the 30/40 somethings, and too young for the geritol crowd. i'm active, have a good job i like, neither look nor act 50, what's a guy to do?
 finisheslast
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/19/2005 2:28:33 PM
tnshy, i happen to be neither gay nor a player. i just do the type of work that is done on nights, weekends, holidays, anniverseries, birthdays, etc. now when i meet women they know what i do, but it does become a strain on a relationship. what are the choices? find another profession, or meet someone in the same field. i happen to like what i do, but i know what i do and who i am are two different things. like i said before, why settle?
i believe you should always be true to yourself and your values. screw that guy, you're better than that. like janis joplin once said "don't compromise yourself, it's all you got"
hang in there, the right one will come along.
 arri
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:41:54 AM
OP

I understand and I think you are right to a high degree.

I was divorced over 7 years ago .. first few years were play time and now after all these years, it is very hard to give up the advantages of being single.

Although I don't want to be single for the rest of my life, but I have noticed that I have become very picky and not comfortable getting emotionally involved ...
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2006 2:25:11 AM
I have so many strikes against me that not sure there is a fella out there to give me the chance.....#1 I am a BBW...#2 I am handicapped amputee right leg below knee....Trying to learn to walk...#3 distance seems all my age are far...far away...#4..I can't drive now , besides not having a vehicle...#5...I refuse to be a ONE-NIGHT-STAND...or a person who jumps in the sack at first meeting....I may be a BBW....but I am a LADY...
 mycorosso
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/20/2006 11:53:55 AM
I believe we haven't much control of meeting "the one". It is so rare and unlikely to begin with that searching too hard will leave anyone frustrated. Just sit tight and relax. Oh and be careful for what you wish for, you may get it!
 happycamper16
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/2/2006 2:41:35 AM
why would you think its hard to date over 50 alot of guys like myself tnshylady love women over 50.
 wind_driven51
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/2/2006 10:21:45 AM
Well there is one other kinda man over 50 trying to find true happiness. I have traveled most of my adult life, mostly work based and when I retired I took on a semi job as a sailboat captain, traveling again...Sometimes the circle closes and you realize your not in it....These days, get this...I bought a motorbus and I am traveling around the US in it....How in the world do I meet a woman in this age bracket, that wants to make a go of it? Do I give up the travel? If so where do I stop traveling? The questions in life keep coming, and I strive to seek the answers, but we all know it is the journey that makes the difference. Enjoy life, smile and remember, life is great!!!!!!!!
~_/)~~
dennis
 soulmatelookin4mine
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:41:34 AM
I will be 50 this summer. and i am a bbw also.. most men are looking for barbie dolls and i'm far from that.
i will be alone tommorrow on valentines day.
I have started taking GED classes . its 2006 and i'm almost 50 and never graduated from high school or got my GED so.............. wish me luck yall/
 soulmatelookin4mine
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/13/2006 3:35:22 PM
ty ty ty so much yall......
 ladyc4
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:46:45 AM
Get over it
Hon, if you've been single this long, there must be SOMETHING you like about it-and mean that in the nicest possible way
 ladyc4
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/15/2006 6:54:39 AM
previous post was directed to "finisheslast"-I don't consider myself of the Geritol Crowd( I used to take it but the iron in my blood turned to lead and went straight to my *ss!)
 bobbyp719
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:23:52 PM
I see so much of this....women who after they get online see it as a candy store......and the young guys will come a calling......but its just sex or fun for them..so I get all these profiles where the women wont give the time of day to a good man because they have a distorted view on how attractive they are........ I dont think women want a good man......
 bobbyp719
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:46:34 PM
the funny thing is I'm a man who would love to cherrish and protect someone ,have that last great love.......... IM ready...........willing and able............Im open and loving........IM average cute with a good heart....but I can't find a women here that wants a good man like me..............I think they have ten more e-mails lined up and they try to juggle all that.........and I never get the chance to meet them......... and now there is no one left in my area to contact :-) so Im here writting in these forms because I can't find a woman in her 50's on here to evolve something........
 CURTIS924
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:29:33 AM
You are right . I was one of those men. I kept dating women ,but I was afraid to get to close to them because I thought I would get hurt again, Just like the last time. So I wouldn't let NO woman get to close to me. In other words Men Think that alls women want to do is use them and then throw them away. So now I have learned that there are some women that do use you , but there are more women out there that are being truthful about who they want and what they want from the men now. I have learned to let my guard down a little .
 headondown
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2006 4:53:17 PM
can anyone know for sure what one will be like or not unless one keeps trying. life is too short so keep trying and sooner or later wow. so hope your having another good day to say hello fiftymartin and hotmail and com could be a friend if not more well we tried. have a good night for the guy with humour is not too far. not hard to figure out!
 jn5218
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:13:00 AM
If I hear there has to be chemistry one more time, I'm gonna puke! PPl are alone because they WANT to be. not because they HAVE to be.
 ladyc4
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:13:31 PM

Then her daughter came and took mom back to Alberta.

You couldn't work something out to at least keep in contact with this lovely lady? I don't get it,statistically there should be TONS of women in your peer group;why are they not FIGHTING over you?? A healthy,active male their age?? Maybe you better come over here to Michigan...
Cindy O
Well behaved women seldom make history.
 jn5218
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:13:42 PM
"enjoy being alone...enjoy that silence..smell the flowers..."

The silence can be deafening.

Do the flowers smell as sweet without someone to describe the smell too?

And at the end of the day, it's no fun sleeping alone.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > OVER 50 And Alone....again.