Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are women afraid of Attractive guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JayJay2006
Msg: 1
Are women afraid of Attractive guys?Page 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Just a question:
 brawnydog
Msg: 2
Are women afraid of Attractive guys?
Posted: 10/5/2005 6:14:34 PM
.......great thread man. Yeah. But, don't get too concerned with it.

moo?

nice edit.............
 Pandy
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/5/2005 6:24:20 PM
I don't think I've ever been intimidated by many people beyond my 11th grade biology teacher Mrs. Motychak. Intimidation is a sign that you feel inferior...and while i don't feel superior to anyone, I don't think they have anything on ME , either. I have a lion's share of self-confidance.

I will say that I have a hard time trusting drop dead gorgeous men who have been that way all their lives. I have a same age uncle I grew up with who coasted through life on his amazing good looks. It predjudices my view towards gorgeous men a little.

Honestly though? I FAR prefer a man who looks real, not like he stepped out of a magazine ad. Give me a face and form with character and I'll choose it over perfection ANY day.
 callendargirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/5/2005 6:36:07 PM
I am a very confident woman, however, I am about to meet someone , who is extremely off the scale in the handsome looks, body, and mind department and , yes, for the first time, I am intimidated! down right terrified! but,,, i will get thru it!
 Alone but happy
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/5/2005 6:43:13 PM
100%
 brawnydog
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/6/2005 4:53:43 AM

but I also have days where I feel, well, like a cow...

Call me. We'll graze.

And reading your story gave me some hope that men don't mind a few extra pounds - 15 to be exact.

In a heartbeat, darlin'.

I dunno how well I can brawnify this to the topic.....but:

I think that it is the same way for men. Personally, I'm not intimidated by beauty. I'm an average guy that has had many gorgeous women. And most of my friends are above the "average" line. Why? Well, the fact is that these women get asked out less than women of normal attraction. Guys think that they will be shot down and humiliated. If they had enough sence to talk to the beauties...and treat them like any other woman...they would find that they are simply women. Same feelings, desires, problems...and the same need to be held, made laugh....and to be able to cry. Ever notice that when the lights go out, she is still the same person, even though you can't see her? Of course there are stuck up bytches that wouldn't give a guy the time of day. But, they are mostly digging for gold...not for
Adonis.

c_deacon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2005 9:43:29 PM
Toooooo ugly to comment.......smiles
 carribeanking7
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/7/2005 4:34:22 AM
Blast quoted : And listening to them whine over all the girls chasing them is downright nauseating.I'm not afraid of an attractive man...he oughta be afraid of me though, as I love to adjust egos...especially if they are out of whack!

*sniff* but I was just scared of being shased.......I promise not to whine about it anymore,
Please dont adjust my fragile ego....
frow now on I'll stop running,stand my ground and confront them.
 babbiebluez
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/13/2005 6:51:41 AM
How can I be afraid of someone that spends more time in the mirror and uses more gel and hairspray then I do??
 ManWithAMission
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 2:44:48 PM
I think this proves one thing. Us guys and women have the same kind of insecurities with regards to the opposite sex. It's a shame that because of the great looks of an individual, their chances can be limited to such a degree. We all think he/she gets all the attention from the opposite sex, but in reality they don't. It's too bad. I myself am guilty of the same thing. Of dismissing most chances with women I'm excessively attracted to. I guess it's one of those things we all have to overcome. Give beauty a chance! haha
 MajorThomas
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 4:08:54 PM
I see this happen sometimes, some guy will be dressed to the nines have a great athletic build, really handsome face (like a magazine model), but women won't approach him, and if he approaches a girl they get all flustered and can't talk.

Good looking guys also have a somewhat similar effect on other average looking guys.

Interesting how appearance has such a huge effect on people.

I usually don't get intimidated by people within my range but if I see a 10 I'll do a double take, because how often do you see a perfect 10? I think thats with anything in life, whether its a beautiful piece of art, sunset or person, people will always be awed by something thats truly beautiful.
 MajorThomas
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 4:16:09 PM
Bueaty is in the eye of the beholder

Not really, there is universal Beauty. of course somethings will always be a matter of preference.

Modern science has established the concept of universal beauty by measuring symmetry, Plato theorized about this with his philosophy on Ideal forms. And we know anecdotally that there are universally attractive people, because how else could there be attractive people on magazine covers if everyone had a different idea of beauty?
 MajorThomas
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 4:28:08 PM

with really fit, attractive guys because I would feel under so much pressure to stay really thin and fit myself

I was always told you should be friends with people who will make you a better person and leave the ones that keep you down behind.
 Patarey
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/1/2008 5:14:19 PM
Did someone say hotties.......????
 GreenOlivesYum
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/2/2008 1:49:11 PM
No, women are usually afraid of****/conceited guys or men who look like they spend too much time in front of the mirror.
 GreenOlivesYum
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/2/2008 1:50:54 PM
Also, I've had guys wrote to me with impossibly nice looking pics, like airbrushed models or model like poses, then they write jerky things and Im thinking that no decent looking man has to act that way so it has to be fakey pics
 blondi75
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2008 1:55:53 PM
yes exp. the young ones!
 itechman63
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:50:02 PM
No one's been afraid of me but then again you did say attractive so perhaps that explains it.
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:52:24 AM
Not afraid of them, no. Why prejudge based on outward physical features... hell I get that every day. Women snickering because my "girls" are out or men who don't like "fatties". I have long since stopped caring about people who hate for no reason other than looks. So in turn, I won't do the same.

People are people regardless of their looks.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/20/2008 6:45:14 PM
No, I'm not intimidated by them. I have a couple of guy friends who are quite good looking. One is an actor and he's very detached from his looks and very disciplined. For instance, he'll diet like crazy so that his abs show for a photo shoot. If he asks me how they look he's so obviously over himself and just looking for objective feedback. His body may as well be a car or a sofa. His identity, self esteem or whatever is very separate from his looks and even though he models a lot for print ads, he is very consumed with studying acting (not usual for that profession).

My other good friend who's a very attractive guy is the opposite way. He was a college jock and he's a lawyer now. Sometimes I catch him checking himself out in a window or a mirror or even just flexing his arm. I love this, because I tease him all day if I catch him and he tries to act embarrassed, but he isn't really. He's a nice guy, but definately attracted to himself a lot :)

If you really know someone, I think you forget their looks after a while and notice their personality quirks a lot more.

My boyfriend doesn't particularly care for my attractive male friends though (Especially the actor, because he's also an infuriatingly great guy).
 Sirens Call
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/20/2008 10:04:37 PM
I had a particularly attractive boyfriend. Women would come up to him and flirt shamelessly as though I were not even standing there holding his hand. Giving him goo goo eyes and smiling and stroking their hair. It was hilarious! I figured I had to learn to live with it or leave. He was particularly embarassed the first time my Best Friend (a woman) met him. She practically simpered! an amazing thing to watch. After she left he said, "What was That!?"

It was hard to put up with though, I was embarassed for the women.

No, I'd rather not have to put up with all that again.
 windloverr
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2008 11:02:35 PM
Terrifies them. I have people come up to me all the time, "Sir, you're going to have to leave; your scaring all of our female customers." It's a curse.

Or are you just wondering if it goes both ways since guys are all terrified of attractive women?
 JustMary65
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/21/2008 2:48:38 PM
LOL...I've noted that the few really ATTRACTIVE guys I've lured into my love shack had really SMALL penises. I guess I'll stick to the average Joe's-they have always tended to make really good lovers and always had average to exceptional man tools.
 fancynanci
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 3:26:54 PM
Not at all. Well...I'm not. Not in the least.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:55:01 AM
And here I thought we prayed for them... odd.

What's to be afraid of I wonder?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are women afraid of Attractive guys?