Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dwn2earthGuy
Msg: 1
Women with only guy friendsPage 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Have you any of you guys dated women who had ONLY guy friends? I wonder how those relationships went and whether you were able to deal with the fact that she would hang out only with guys.

Cheers!
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 2
Women with only guy friends
Posted: 10/8/2005 9:37:12 PM
I hang out with mostly men for several reasons...most of which will get me killed on here...

1)men are funny...and aren't hung up on silly shit.

2) men do NOT spend the majority of their time talking about relationships and why so and so doesn't like them...this can get annoying.

3) men are not catty! meaning I don't spend time with my male friends listening to them talk about how that guys ass is bigger than theirs. It's really a downer for me to listen to some women talk. I honestly..grew up with all guys and I can relate better to guys. Just a preference but I only have a few girlfriends...and they are very down to earth...not girly girls. :)

Women please don't take offense...I am just being honest here. :)
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/8/2005 9:45:47 PM
See country that's the reason I love reading your posts...great minds think alike hehe :)
 fishbill
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/8/2005 11:59:24 PM
Yep us men are better.
 dbabyblondie
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:00:37 AM
i have all guy friends my man doesn t care.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:02:02 AM
I'm countrysugars friend

Eh country?
 fishbill
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:01:22 AM
Shivan, my theory is "the guy friends" are actually acting 3x or 4x as friendly towards the "female friend" cause, well Sigmun Fried knows why. Meanwhile women are just acting normal towards each other or 1x friendly, unless they are bi then its 2x as friendly.
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:28:12 AM

Women are smart. They know all the games other women play. Men are stupid. They fall for all these tricks. A woman with only guy friends have only guy friends because they are skilled at manipulating men to do whatever they want and can treat them however they want. However, they cannot do the same to women.

Sorry that is a generalization...my guy friends are the first to bust me out in any situation and it is great. Like when you are walking and you trip...hell they will follow me for an hour laughing at that. And none of them can be manipulated by me...cuz all of them have women in their lives. Hence if I were to try to manipulate them...well...then I'd have problems with their women...and I don't...perhaps it's an age thing..but trust me...my guy friends are just friends...and all of them are like brothers to me.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:33:46 AM
I totally enjoy my friends company - all women. They are clever, witty and funny.

Neither of us would want it any other way, nor would my gf.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:21:41 AM

More laid back

This is what he's talking about!!!
 jimi77
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:25:23 AM
well.....they better not look like fabio... more like don knotts.
 curious98
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:40:37 AM
I mostly agree with Smile.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Are you kidding me? I've met catty men! The last group of guys I worked with, they would sit around and discuss who was dating whom and what they wore, etc, etc..just like my girlfriends do. And they were meaner about it!

I too have a couple of girlfriends that are not girly girls. I tend to have more in common with guys with regards to career and hobbies.
 Shake Me
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:49:39 AM
I've dated a couple of girls with mostly all male friends

worked out well for me...cause most all of my friends are female
 TheOtherWhiteMeat
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:02:53 AM
I can understand why a woman would want guy friends, after all there are many intelligent women out there that may, occasionally wish to have an intelligent conversation.

Or they might be big sports fans, like the Three Stooges, drink lots of beer or want to learn how to write their name in a snowbank.

Seriously, anyone that has issues about their prospective mates friends, male or female, would probably need to look elsewhere. Who doesn't have friends of the opposite sex?
 hoodedcharacter
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:16:12 AM
Women with guy friends or guys with women friends shouldnt matter as long as they are always treated as friends and you are secure in your relationships.Both the relationship with the friends as well as the one with your signifigant other.Having an issue with it is a sign of lack of trust unless the signifigant other is obviously more than friends with some of them....
 Double Cabin
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:19:21 AM
I would think there to be a problem if a woman didn't get along with ANY other women, but when I see a woman that relates well to men on all levels I find it quite attractive.
 angelinabee
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:23:10 AM
Probably 90% of the friends I've had over the years have been men. It's not that I don't like hanging out with women (I cherish the female friends I have more than I could ever express), but I just seem to click better with the boys. Most guys don't have a problem with just having fun and being goofy, while lots of women want to spend most of their time drinking coffee, talking about relationships, talking about their kids, and so on and so on.... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, boring.
 bambi75
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:38:23 AM
I have 2 female friends and a ton of male friends. It's just the way things are. I can relate to the guys more than the girls. Do you realize how much drama goes along with a friendship?Try being around a group of hormonal women and you will know what i mean!
 diggydiggy
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:46:37 AM
I agree, no girly girl girlfriends. I've always had a lot of male friends, from middle school to present, so it doesns't seem odd. And I have a couple of girlfriends, but find that I'm closer to the men friends.

I wonder though, and this would be a new thread, of all of us who have the male friends, how many were intimate relationships or relationship starts, that tempered into friends, because that says something different entirely about the friendships. Just a thought.
 bambi75
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:59:59 AM
^^^ none of mine were, thank god! Or i may have to classify them with the hormonal chicks!
 angelinabee
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:47:10 AM
diggydiggy, none of mine started out as relationships or potential relationships either... They were all just buddies that became buddies for the same reasons two women or two men become buddies. :
 Little1inTx
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:42:26 PM
I have to agree with the others on this one.

Growing up in a house with four brothers, I didn't learn to interact nor relate to other females. Til this day I have a slim social skill when it comes to women on several levels.
 FlyinHollander
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:13:54 PM
I used to date a girl that only seemed to have guy friends. While I trusted her and really didn't mind it from her end, what did start to bother me was that these so called "friends" all pretty much one-by-one revealed themselves to just be trying to get in her pants.

She was an attractive girl, and guys being the way I know they are (Afterall, I am one..) it just got to a point where I had to have a candid talk with her and let her know that guys rarely can maintain a "just friends" relationship.

Not to say it DOESN't happen, but 99% of the time if an attractive girl has mostly "guy friends" and there's that opportunity to try and get her into the sack (some party, everyone has been drinking, whatever) they will usually take it.
 angelinabee
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:25:16 PM

Not to say it DOESN't happen, but 99% of the time if an attractive girl has mostly "guy friends" and there's that opportunity to try and get her into the sack (some party, everyone has been drinking, whatever) they will usually take it.

I honestly don't think that's true. I said above that most of my friends throughout the years have been men, and none of them have *ever* tried to go to bed with me. I'm not super attractive or anything, but I'm okay I guess. I think it just has to do with how much said friends respect each other. My guy friends are like my brothers, and I'm pretty sure they see me as a sister figure and nothing more.
 acesolak
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:33:27 PM
Yeah I agree with you shivan and other guys. Guys wanna be overly friendly because they hope it'll develop into something more, one day. I have to say keep on dreaming to those guys. lol But one thing though... women usually know what's going on. Come on, you have to be really stupid or naive to.., etc.
Doesn't mean I won't be friends with women like that. It helps to know what's up.

-Solak
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends