Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Sexy Is Intelligence?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chameleonsdream
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How Sexy Is Intelligence?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
On a scale of one to ten, how sexy is intelligence? Is it way up there on your list of turn-ons, or would you rather do a dumb-as-a-rock stud?
 DoWnUnDeRGiRL
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How Sexy Is Intelligence?
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:13:59 AM
never really thought about that before but now you have asked the question i can quite honeltly say intelegence dont rate really high to me.
 nosoup4u
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:16:21 AM
Can't really say iv'e given someone an IQ test while I was screwing their brains out lol.
 ~ V
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:46:22 AM
A nice body/face will get my attention but a sexy mind will keep my attention

So intelligence all the way for me...
 fishbill
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:03:47 AM
Intelligence out of bed is fantastic, in bed, never turned me on.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:18:32 AM
Intelligence is number one with me and Ill tell you why...Obviously, an intelligent person will be able to have stimulating convos outside of bed,and will probably have (excuse the intended pun)a bangin sense of humour as well....Its been my experience that in bed intelligent people are usually more creative and innovative and also have a much larger vocabulary which makes it easier to articulate their dirty thoughts . ..hmm...kinda makes ya want to go find someone smart to sleep with doesnt it?lol
 shyrizzle
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:53:09 AM
I completely agree with Alis_Kat on this one..
 jimi77
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:14:55 AM
For me it's an oxymoron.. I like smart women.. But if there smart why would they be with me?

I think it’s a turn on.. As long as there not a know it all, and the conversation goes both ways.. If it’s to competitive then it gets old.. Intelligence can sometimes bring pride and debate on every thing.. I want someone I can share with not one that is going to tell me how it is. Or try to make me feel stupid. That will only bring resentment.
 Looking_in_Ottawa
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:34:05 AM
Very very important.

There are conditions to this though. I like a woman who is intelligent, but it doesnt have to be "book" smart. I would prefer meeting someone who can talk a little bit about a million topics, instead of a lot about one topic. Kind of like that "jack of all trades, master of none" deal.

I dont like know-it-all's. Its so hard to talk to someone who, no matter what you say, has something that can "beat that" or "I knew someone who knows that."

Even worse, I dislike intelligent people who think that their knowledge is always "right" and yours is "wrong" and even when they find out that they are "wrong," wont admit to it. They try to get around it to avoid admitting to a mistake.

This also leads into opinions. Occasionally, people who think they are very intelligent also seem to think that their opinions are always right and others are wrong. The beauty of opinions is that they are never wrong. Its all about perspective. A persons opinion may be racist, ambiguous, and morally illogical, but its still that persons opinion and is still "right" to them.

Wow .. that was certainly long winded lol.

Just to note ... im not really that hard to get along with lol. Recent experiences made me write this haha.

Just my 1 cent ...
 jrguitar23
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:49:11 AM
So being ugly AND stupid is reason to suck a tailpipe.
 party_essential
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:51:51 AM
It all depends on HOW they are intelligeant. I mean if they're ALWAYS going to talk back and make valid, but annoying and plaintif comments or arguments... then no, it's a turn-off

But if they use their intelligeance to be creative and fun, or in their humour. Hell that's a great turn on, if they can be witty and flirt and tease.... if you can stay in the game and make it a challenge... well, you've got me hooked
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:54:50 AM
"Even worse, I dislike intelligent people who think that their knowledge is always "right" and yours is "wrong" and even when they find out that they are "wrong," wont admit to it. They try to get around it to avoid admitting to a mistake..."

Hmm, depends on your definition of "intelligence" then perhaps?

To me, TRULY 'intelligent' people would not be like this..

Intelligence generally IS attractive to me..

Do you prefer the dumb-as-a-bag-of-hammers people who can ALSO be very opinionated and never admit that they are wrong? (LOTS of those around too..)

"know-nothings" who nevertheless HAVE to have an "opinion" on everything they know nothing about..:)
 americangentleman
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:58:07 AM
I will take it you define intelligence as:

someone who well aware of their surroundings
someone who has a clue what is going on in the world
someone who has general idea of how things work(electronically, socially, etc)

I would rate intelligence on a scale of 1 to 10 as being a 7 to 8 out of 10. I wouldn't someone who is a smart ass, meaning, they think they know it all, or someone who is clueless and that makes you wonder where were they for past 20 years.

At the same time, I would like someone who could challenge me a bit and be like, wow, I didn't know that or that is not how I thought it was like, etc.
 chameleonsdream
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:23:41 AM
Yeah, I didn't define 'intelligence' very well - but that's a good point. I have a kid who's going through that 'I'm so smart and let me show you' stage. He might live. Maybe.

Anyway - I was thinking more along the lines of witty, intelligent conversation, or someone who simply knows what they're talking about. Maybe it has something to do with self-confidence - which is distinct from arrogance. It's not so much about 'book-smart'. There's just something that happens to someone when they're talking about (or doing) something they know and understand very very well - maybe the word I'm looking for is 'competence'.
 MissT aka Saucy
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:24:51 AM
Hmmmmm I prefer, someone who has common scense rather than intelligence. I have been with a smart guy, and he often made me feel stupid. But, he had no freakin' common scense, and that shit drove me freakin' batty!! The guy could tell you how the world came to be, but, if the remote batteries died, he didn't know that he had to check them or change them for the remote to work again!
 chameleonsdream
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:25:33 AM
AG - Yes, exactly! But it shouldn't surprise me that you knew what I meant :)
 chameleonsdream
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:29:40 AM
Awwwww... absentminded professors can be cute - but there's NOTHING sexy about someone that makes you feel stupid, IMO.
 chryslergirl
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:47:31 AM
I really love intelligent men. Not pompous arrogant intelligence though, like several people on here have already commented.

Someone that is hot and gorgeous, but dumb, might work for a brief fling, but it isn't going to take long before it starts irritating the CRAP out of me. So, yeah, I give intelligence an 11 of your scale of 1-10.

And Chameleon, I beleive your son has been giving "I'm so smart" lessons to my 10 year old daughter. Could you tell him to stop, please? Before I lose the few remaining wits that I have?
 Heart and hero
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:51:05 AM
I never thought that we have so intellgent personality in this room

who can rate 11 out of 10............ lol
 Dragongaze
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/9/2005 6:59:27 AM
10. Intelligence is everything.
 Mystic Gnome
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:01:32 AM
"Even worse, I dislike intelligent people who think that their knowledge is always "right" and yours is "wrong" and even when they find out that they are "wrong," wont admit to it. They try to get around it to avoid admitting to a mistake..."

Hmm, depends on your definition of "intelligence" then perhaps?

To me, TRULY 'intelligent' people would not be like this..

Intelligence generally IS attractive to me..

Do you prefer the dumb-as-a-bag-of-hammers people who can ALSO be very opinionated and never admit that they are wrong? (LOTS of those around too..)

"know-nothings" who nevertheless HAVE to have an "opinion" on everything they know nothing about..:)

I completely agree with you. I think that if someone is truly intelligent they will be able to admit weaknesses as well as strengths. They can say, 'I was wrong,' without it being protracted. They can also be tactful when proving their point (unless of course you piss them off, then you should expect the slam dunk lol).
To be able to talk about anything with your partner is an incredible asset to any relationship. To articulate feelings is very difficult to do. But it is very important. It is one of the most overlooked aspects in a relationship. Do do this well requires intelligence. I truly think that many failed relationships are due to a failure to communicate openly and honestly.
I've dated many types of women and I really think that (imho) women who can communicate in a thoughtful, intelligent way is unbelievably sexy. It is also the key to a successful relationship. :) It takes the relationship to an entirely different level. It is sexy as hell.
While that may not be Websters' definition of intelligence, without it most relationships will fail.
 Heart and hero
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:04:29 AM
I make mistakes and accept them to but it didn't mean that I would start saying to every one i made a mistake

This an intelligent way to hide you weakness by saying that I am still right.........

don't you dumb understand it.......... see intelligence win again..........lol
 Heart and hero
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:17:48 AM
You are still bothering to prove that you are intelligent you Dumb Ass BrooksHD
 TheOtherWhiteMeat
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:41:03 AM
Sex is mostly in the mind, who wouldn't want someone that was well-endowed? But I know that there are manifestations of intellect that can be quite negative.
Folks can sometimes be intimidated by someone with an intellectual type job, as they are looked upon as brainiacs. Also, if you have vocabulary that offers you numerous alternatives to the seven words you can't say on TV, there are people that run for the exits.

I have also met women that have felt inferior to me because of a perception of my being too intelligent for them. I feel that intelligence is poorly measured in IQ tests and there are many aspects of intelligence, few people would score genius levels in all of them.

It is less than amusing to see someone of Jessica Simpson's physical stature fumble through the quandary of "chicken of the sea" That is beyond trite, and if she is trying to pander to the audience that would be put off is she really is the genius some folks claim, I think she is doing a huge disservice to intelligent women everywhere.

The dumb blonde act is annoying to some of us. Give me a mousy brunette with a brain any day over someone that doesn't know what continent penguins live on.
 Ali Kat
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:32:46 AM
I tink I smert. smert is thexy....MMMMMMmmmmmm HHHHHHMMMMMmmmm
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > How Sexy Is Intelligence?