Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneStauf84
Msg: 1
When looking for someone, is height important to you?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I'm a short guy, so I guess I'm a bit of a minority here, it seems, so I was wondering what y'all think about height when you're looking for or going out with someone.

Me, I don't think height should be of much important when you're looking for a friend or life-long partner or companion or something like that.

GeneStauf84
Msg: 2
When looking for someone, is height important to you?
Posted: 10/17/2005 9:57:11 PM

Many many many threads done on this.

whoops. my apologies. I should have known. My bad.
 sammysalt
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/17/2005 10:08:15 PM
I never dated anyone shorter than my self, but thats just me. Heck the same height seamed odd. So if I was ever single again they would need to be atleast a little taller than my self.
 GeneStauf84
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/17/2005 10:09:22 PM
my personal preference is my height or shorter, but I wouldn't mind one who's taller, so no, I don't consider height to be important to me--not anymore at least. ;)
 GeneStauf84
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/17/2005 11:35:44 PM
That just reminded me. I LIKE older women!
 marabellesexican
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/17/2005 11:49:01 PM
hmm, not really. im 5 8, and my man is 5'8 as well. As long as he is not shorter than me than im kool. I just cant wear high heels lol
 carribeanking7
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/18/2005 12:05:00 AM
The tallest I dated was a German Lady who was 6'2" without heels....

South east asians are relatively short...so I seldom see a lady 5'8" or taller where I live....
I like between 5-8 to 5-10...but height wont be a deciding factor to pursue a relationship for me.
 crystalise
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/18/2005 12:22:25 AM
my general rule of thumb is my own height or taller. As Im a rather petite 5'5 that leaves a lot of scope....lol. It does count to a degree - but as I said there is a lot of scope there so I havent run into anyone really a lot shorter than me and Ive dated up to 6'3. Just a bit of a pain in the neck with the hugs and kissing but I wouldnt NOT date someone becuase of it
 Tick Tock
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/18/2005 12:26:08 AM

The tallest I dated was a German Lady who was 6'2" without heels....

Wow! You must have felt like Gulliver...

Personally, I prefer my women 5'4" and up.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/18/2005 12:37:30 AM
Yup...if only I had worn 2" heels i could look her at eye level..
 justjeff
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:37:37 AM
have to throw my 2 cents in on this one, while I am very short there are quite a few women on here and other sites and life in general that are shorter than me but I have never had a relationship with someone shorter than myself, for it seems to me that the really short ladys have more of a height requirement. been told that I make them look smaller which makes no sence to me. Tallest I have dated is 5'10" so I would need 7" heels to look her in the eyes, lol. Yes we did turn a lot of heads.
And celtix I hear ya, you can tell them, explain it, and show them pictures and still get that when you meet, its like they havent heard a word you said.
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:43:47 AM
I've dated both taller and shorter, something such as this really never enters my mind as far as attraction is concerned. I'm more attracted to the person they are as opposed to physical attributes. Never minded a tall girl as we all need someone to look up to and as far as shorter ones, well hey it's nice to have someone who looks up to you too.
 cotter
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2005 11:24:37 PM
I used to say 5'10" or more and I'm 5'3". I only did that because the guys lie so much about their actual height. You ask for 5'10" and get 5'7" from a liar. Actually, I'm just happy if I can at least look into his eyes without having to look down into his eyes when standing straight across from him.

I see you're 5'2" ... for sure there have to be some ladies out there who are about your height or smaller who would love to be with you. Otherwise, I'd bet that there are ladies out there too who wouldn't mind any height difference ... in other words, if you're shorter than they are.
 Silver Sharpie
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2005 11:55:49 PM
Posted By: sammysalt on 10/17/2005 11:08:15 PM

I never dated anyone shorter than my self, but thats just me.

That describes my dating history too! Just worked out that way for me; it's not that I only looked for tall women.
 Hockeygirl777
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2005 1:14:48 AM
On this one it's everyone's personal opinion, I personally like to date guys slightly taller than me, it may be a stereotype that it's "weird" for a girl to date a shorter guy but I like to be able to look up into my guys eyes, and snuggle comfortably on his chest. Not the other way around. No offence there's nothing wrong with being short, and it wouldn't stop me from dating someone but if I had the choice i'd prefer tall.

Sniper308
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/19/2005 2:08:20 PM
Women shorter than 5'7" don't really appeal to me. I'm 6'5" tall; hanging out with pygmy women doesn't interest me.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/19/2005 2:17:35 PM
^ but you can put a bone through their lips
 Tick Tock
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/19/2005 2:22:36 PM
speaking of tall, lovely women, where have you been, Norolim?
 cotter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 4:50:48 PM
To Sniper308:

Women shorter than 5'7" don't really appeal to me. I'm 6'5" tall; hanging out with pygmy women doesn't interest me.

Doesn't know what he's missing out on ... the shorter we are the closer we are to ....... Nah we won't go there tonight!

I can understand this ... I'm a dancer (ballroom etc.) and believe me, it's actually not desireable to have a partner where there is a lot of height difference. I've often wondered how tall guys could possibly be comfortable dancing with little shorties like me ... especially when it's a slow dance and you really want to snuggle.

Yea ... I can see where height is important. Me, I'm just looking for a man a little taller ... I like to be able to reach up and put my arms around his neck and pull myself up to his lips.
 CanadianGal31
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 5:46:12 PM
I am only 5 feet tall, yes I want a tall guy so he can reach all the things I cant and I can bend down to get what he cant.

Then again dancing is a good idea, standing next to him makes me really feel short.

But it is funny when he has to reach the small size shoes for me cause they or on the top shelves and the big shoes are on the lower ones go figure.
 grplaman
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/20/2005 5:47:45 PM
I want a Tall Lumberjack type!
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 7:02:41 PM
Not many so many guys I know are shorter than me, but I wouldn't care. Have dated some just about the same height, and can be good fun hugging.
 sddude
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/25/2005 3:47:45 PM
well dude you are out of luck everyone ****footing around and saying nice things does not anwer the question only women that are bluntly frank , most guys do not care as long as he thought she was hot , that is most guys,

I am 5ft 5in , though I am taller than you I am considered very short to most women , short women even very short women have a height requirement even if they do not mention it , it is a preference , we are stuck with our size , not too be mean , alot of women do not see us as dateable unless you build yourself inside and seem greater than life , I have gone through this , many American women have a height requirement if they are short 5 ft 8 in is good if they are taller than 5 ft 7 in they want them the same size or taller the taller the better , it seems to them that they are getting more man .

On the other hand the only problem guys have with taller women are buddys teasing them guys could be cruel , I dated a girl by a miracle that was 6ft 3 in , she had no issue because most guys would not see her as attractive anyhow (another story ) but I stopped dating her because the guys around me in college would call me her aborted child , hahahahaha .

Guys have a preference usually of not having too much woman , fat as we call it , this can be changed but short is all our life.

Dude if it is a problem to you , being short , yeah yeah yeah , most ladies here would be offended , yes most women would not like you for your height even though they say , what is inside is that counts, hahahaha balony , that does not help you getting them interested in you . Oh my recomendation , change yourself how you express yourself and be greater than in real life , some call it the little man complex or the napolean complex , yes it is a title and to be cruel that women made up for guys with strong personalities , but it does work to get women interested in a guy , money , well that helps alot , big time , being greater than life makes them beleive you are more man to others . What a woman wants the most man they can get , yes an escalade (tall and big) or a small but interesting BMW , yugos and economy type car guys (personality and build ) they see as losers . It is almost a material thing to woman like a big house or an expensive car .

Most guys just want a sweet cute little thing or a hot tall pretty thing .

it is all in the product not how it was made , they say that is not true but many popular guys prove true . I turned my failures around , except on internet sites , being short and listed as such on a site is a great liability for a guy , like being the runt in the puppy box ... well I am that runt tooo .
 sddude
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/25/2005 3:56:05 PM
see dude how many women make fun in these "short" threads like we are freaks to them ? Something to laugh about , you are reaching out and they laugh and make fun if we did that to fat and / or old chicks , their would be a hate war , but most guys with dating problems say nothing just listen and take it from them , I many times got laughed at in clubs when approaching women to dance with and initally asking them just to dance without striking a conversation , they would exclaim and laugh saying "you got to be kidding " like the women here instead of just saying no , or sorry but we can talk , , wishful thinking
 JUST ME 1956
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/25/2005 8:55:54 PM
*sigh* If you all can find someone shorter than me, bring him on...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When looking for someone, is height important to you?