Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women scared about dating younger men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 5
Why are older women scared about dating younger men?Page 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
Sean …. You looking for a teacher??? At your age .. even a college co-ed is an older woman

Jen …. You can’t advertise here. You’ll get banned.
 prolibertate
Msg: 7
Why are older women scared about dating younger men?
Posted: 10/19/2005 8:13:28 AM
Most of the men I've dated have been younger than I am...from 2 years younger to one that was 15 years younger...and the latter was much more mature than the guy I dated that was 12 years older than me, lol.

It's not the age that matters, it's the mental and physical chemistry that counts...and that has no age limits.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/18/2006 6:38:34 AM
Women are scared of dating those younger? Wow, it's my preference. There are limits of course, but my last long-term relationship was with someone 10 years younger. That seems to be the low end of my scale, but dating someone my age or older just doesn't seem to fit me.
 pink506
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2006 7:20:38 PM
I found that younger men are just that... YOUNGER. So much more immature and haven't experienced life yet.
 virgogidget
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 7:03:55 PM
i will date 10 years younger, but i dont want to date someone my sons age
 kristinanb
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2006 8:12:05 PM
Younger wouldn't bother me. Would be a nice change, I think. A few years ago, I would have found it a bit odd.

Tina
 catman40
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/1/2006 5:57:26 AM
I wish I could find a woman 7 years older then me . I am 40 . and none of them in wisconsin . appleton area .
 ghost-in-the-shell
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:12:57 PM
screw the garden parties!
strange how things flip about, when i was a young girl, i dated men older than me-
now that i'm over 40, i date men younger than me- tho the older ones ask alot.
no one MY AGE ever asks me.... except for once, and i was foolish enough to marry him and keep him for a bit....
i like the young ones because they don't mind the way i dress, that my nose is pierced, that i listen (and love) all "that damnned noise they call music these days".... but i do worry because they are more fertile (that's a myth, tho, right? please?) ...and my mum caught preg. with me in her forties, and was i ever the unexpected one.... that was NOT DONE back in the day-

the old ones... i feel like i always have to 'behave' around them. that i am being fake if i act younger than 'acting my age'. that i'm showing my irresponsibility- yet these are the same age difference of fellows i could count on to sneak me into bars when i was a teenager... they were hot, back then... now they just wanna golf. in plaid pants. and watch tennis on tv. ew. and eat country-fried meat with meat sauce. steppford husbands.
 cdngirl4u
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:42:56 PM
I don't know why older women would be scared about dating younger men. I've always dated younger men and prefer only younger. Age is only a number, it's about connection and enjoying life. Older men lose their zest for fun (among other things)..... Last relationship was with a guy 20 years younger.... its not all age its maturity there are some guys in their 20's way more mature than a guy in his 40's. You got to look past the age thing and look at the person.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/7/2006 5:35:51 PM

Can't imagine a 50 year old woman with an 18 year old 'kid', what would you talk about? OH YEAH, you wouldn't be talking!!

I am 49 and I could think of all kinds of things to talk about with an 18 year old kid, but the other that you are suggesting would just be horrible. I would feel like a child molestor. That is just a really nasty thought!!!
 Fancy Nancy
Msg: 66
Posted: 6/7/2006 5:56:32 PM
Hello Mr. Lion, are you also a Leo? I am a very energetic, youthful, sensual and slim and fit woman who has always had younger men in my life. My last relationship lasted 8 years and he was 12 years younger. But he was very mature and made much more money than I did and was very generous with it. It was a very rewarding relationship. My great relationship before him lasted for 12 years and he was 19 years younger. We were very much in love and both of these guys are still very good friends with me and call me often. In fact I am looking forward to meeting someone younger ASAP.
 brock11
Msg: 81
Posted: 8/25/2007 2:18:29 PM
The reasons that some women here have stated are that younger men are only looking for sex, younger men are immature, and there is no long term future. I will address each of points.

1. Only looking for sex.

Yes there are some younger men who are ONLY looking for sex, but this can often be a 2 way street. In some cases, an older woman is recently divorced or is too busy with her career and family to have a serious relationship. I have seen some women in their 40s go after men who are 20 yrs younger than them at some bars and clubs. Being with a younger man can be an ego boost to them.
2. Younger Men are Immature.

This may be true if the woman is 30 and the man is 20. If the man is 30 and the woman is 40, then this would be less likely to be factor. In general a 30 yr old man is a lot more mature than a 20 yr old.

3. No Long Term Future

Not always. Some men really appreciate the maturity and wisdom of an older woman. Some older women have the same interests and lifestyle with younger men. There are more attractive and single older women now due to a variety of reasons. If the age difference is between 5-10 yrs, a long term relationship can work out. If the age difference is 15-20 yrs, then a long term relationship would be less likely to work out because the younger man and older woman would have different long term plans and goals in many instances.
 alter ego333
Msg: 86
Posted: 8/25/2007 9:53:42 PM
After a certain age, it is virtually irrelevant. Of course, that age varies with the individual. Personally, I have enjoyed dating younger men; I love the energy and enthusiasm. Older guys are set in their ways, want to sit around and watch TV and talk about their physical ailments. I want to dance, go out, have nice dinners and wine and good conversation. I can find men who want the same things I do at any age.

For me, however, I notice that many of the younger men have very limited manners, dress poorly and can't carry on a conversation without sexual intonations. Probably has to do with their upbringing and maturity level. I raised one son, so am not going to raise another just so he knows how to act in public.

Take each one as an individual and you will open yourself up to new perspectives and have some fun along the way.
 sun_shine_2008
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2007 7:19:23 AM
Dating a younger guy doesnt bother me at all, I think the issue is more what you have in common. Alot of older women date younger guys for the sex, and if that is all that is wanted then that is fine. I need more of a connection than that, but most that I am interested in are indeed younger than me, I gues s because I dont act or feel my age.

**shrugs**
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2007 9:35:50 AM
Not scared of younger me. LOVE younger men. So much more willing to try new things, or to teach this OLDER woman a thing or two. 15 years younger is my max.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/27/2007 11:19:57 AM
Not scared at all, I prefer em younger. Not as much baggage, not as judgemental, more active, and not so damn intense and serious about landing someone as the men my age or older seem to be. Works for me...
 NancyC123
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/30/2007 10:21:50 AM
Scared to date younger men??? Shoot, I'm after one NOW! As a matter of fact, he's the one that turned my head to the whole idea in the first place - God bless him! LOL!
 ladyc4
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/30/2007 5:07:14 PM

Because I have broken so many in half.

And it's hellish explaining how they GOT in that condition when you take them back to their mamas....
Cindy O
 lucilou
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2007 5:09:06 PM
Hey!! Age is just a number, its how you look and feel. I would date younger guy if they look older than me inspite of their age, there's some guys that matures early and had hardship in life. As long as I dont look like their mother I am ok to go out with younger guys.
 NancyC123
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/31/2007 6:21:24 AM
Lucilou,
That's exactly the reason I'm after the "youngin" that I want! He's so much more mature than other guys his age and even older! Maybe it was the way he was raised, who knows, but intellectually we're a perfect match!
 beanerbabe
Msg: 126
Posted: 8/31/2007 3:06:23 PM

Because I have broken so many in half.

I couldnt agree more with Graysam. In fact when i get msg's from younger men...like the 20 yr olds and such. Thats basically the answer i give them when they whine..."why not?" and speaking of whining...i have 2 already at home who do it ohhh so well...why the heck do i want to add a third???
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2007 7:06:31 PM
After a little research- the basic fact.

There are twice as many 20 ish guys as there are girls on internet sites- they are desperate and have run out of girls their own age to meet- basic supply and demand.

They are just trying to fill in until they meet up with others there own age.

Wish I was 20 again- not
 dpd22
Msg: 163
Posted: 9/5/2007 2:24:39 PM
A younger man does not want to "date" you. He only wants to fornicate you. You know...for the whole "Milf" or "Mature Woman" experience. He thinks you are desperate and will adore his less wrinkled body. SELDOM will he admit to this...however the fact that he does not have the gonads to admit it individually to you does not make it any less true.

It is not flattering to be hit on for your vagina. It is only flattering to be hit on for the full meal deal.

Not always true. You are 56. A man in his 40s could be interested in dating you. A man that is about your age could be only looking for sex. A man in his late 20s or 30s could be interested in dating a woman that is in her late 30s or 40s. BTW there are also some women who use younger men for sex as well. That's a 2 way street.
 miraclgal
Msg: 165
Posted: 9/5/2007 7:28:01 PM
I am not afraid. Waiting to be asked........
 Just 4 You
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:36:44 AM
I don't think women are exactly scared, so much as angry from all the young guys on this site who just want sex, with no strings. And if you say NO, you never know what he might have slipped into your drink.

So many male College students claim older women are an easy catch. My former room mate was like that, going from one woman to another, telling me he's just giving them what they want... a young sexy man in their bed. Just look at the young muscular guys on soap operas!

Compare it to young women looking for a Sugar Daddy. Why date a guy her own age if she can get a man with a great job, nice house, money to buy her everything she wants, and all she has to do is have sex with him?

It's wrong, but it's out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are older women scared about dating younger men?